Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ghezzal....

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Sky Sports News @skysportsnews

Bordeaux have agreed a £3.1m fee for Leicester City’s Rashid Ghezzal

14:26 11/01/2020

Imagine losing 9m of your value in 4 months and 6 appearances. 

Given he was signed 4 days before the window closed I'm assuming he was a stop gap and we've got someone lined up we actually wanted. Why we didn't just take him on loan if that were the case though...

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Or he's actually just shit. 

This is just like Musa all over again. 

BuT wErE pLaYiNg HiM oUt oF pOsItoON. 

No, he's just shit. 

I know foxestalk has so many polarised nobs that the default of everyone with a brain is to try and reign them in, be sensible, not be too quick to judge, not slag players off too much, find positives, etc. 

But sometimes you need to just accept - the polarised nobs are right. Soemtimes a player is just shit. From Josh Low to Akinbiyi to De Vries to Musa to Ghezzal. 

He might score the odd goal, might have the odd half decent fifteen minutes, he is a professional after all. But he's a shit one and he'll probably wind up making about as many performances as all the other rubbish we've panic bought since we got back in the Prem. 

Ghezzal is the best out of the wingers we've been linked to in the Summer Transfer Window. (Elyounoussi, Jahanbakhsh, etc.) Especially for the price that we have bought him for.

Ghezzal shows stints of a good player (especially in our 0-0 draw Burnley where he nearly scored), he just needs time to adapt a bit to the team and physically/pressure of the leauge. Puel has faith in him, as does his other teammates such as Maddison which is a good sign.

37 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Imagine losing 9m of your value in 4 months and 6 appearances. 

Given he was signed 4 days before the window closed I'm assuming he was a stop gap and we've got someone lined up we actually wanted. Why we didn't just take him on loan if that were the case though...

I just made that up lol 

I can’t imagine him lasting the duration of his contract and the only place he’ll move to is back to France where nobody besides PSG have any cash 

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I just made that up lol 

I can’t imagine him lasting the duration of his contract and the only place he’ll move to is back to France where nobody besides PSG have any cash 

I probably should have noticed the date, but I saw Sky Sports News and just tuned the rest out, assumed it was their usual creating rumours for betting markets that they barely conceal

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Eh that's probably where we're arguing semantics tbh. 

I do overuse the word shit, I describe about 2/3rds of the Prem as shit on a regular basis, clearly it is a bit of hyperbole. 

So putting that aside for a moment, clearly Ghezzal isn't actually shit, I mean, I am. You are. We are. Everyone on this forum is pretty shit at football compared to Rachid Ghezzal. He was good enough to play for Lyon and Monaco, good enough to play for his country. He's OK. 

But he's vastly nowhere near good enough to play for us, either our first team or even really be a particularly useful sub. 

You don't look at him on the bench and think he could be a match winner, do you? 

I don't think Gray is good enough to start if we want to push for a Europa League spot but I do like having him on the bench because I can see that his pace, quick feet and attacking instincts will scare tired defenders. 

You're a knackered full back that's been chasing Ricky down the channels all game and you see Ghezzal coming on you're going to breathe a sigh of relief. 

I know what your saying, I don't think saying he is nowhere near good enough to play for us is true though as he does offer something and nothing less than others currently.

Regarding him and Gray I think they are different players tbh while Gray offers pace and a threat against tired legs, Ghezzal is a lot more composed on the ball and more likely to unlock a defence with a pass than Gray so they both have there advantages Gray has 500 more minutes on him and has scored 1 more goal and 1 assist big chances created 0 compared to Ghezzal 3.

I'd say Ghezzal is more comparable to Maddision as I don't class Ghezzal as a winger and should probably be played in a 10 as much as you don't want to hear that lol he doesn't posses the pace to get up and down the flank or the ability to beat a man so I agree with you on that part... Obviously Maddision has been given a lot more game time 1500mins with Ghezzal mostly playing a bit part in the season in a new league with new team mates, new language etc.. overall I think the comments are harsh given the circumstances.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Or he's actually just shit. 

This is just like Musa all over again. 

BuT wErE pLaYiNg HiM oUt oF pOsItoON. 

No, he's just shit. 

I know foxestalk has so many polarised nobs that the default of everyone with a brain is to try and reign them in, be sensible, not be too quick to judge, not slag players off too much, find positives, etc. 

But sometimes you need to just accept - the polarised nobs are right. Soemtimes a player is just shit. From Josh Low to Akinbiyi to De Vries to Musa to Ghezzal. 

He might score the odd goal, might have the odd half decent fifteen minutes, he is a professional after all. But he's a shit one and he'll probably wind up making about as many performances as all the other rubbish we've panic bought since we got back in the Prem. 

Fair enough, I respect your opinion and he might very well turn out to be a failure at the club.  I just wish we could find better ways of talking about players than "he's shit" because I honestly believe it invalidates your argument which, when expressed as it is above, is pretty solid.  X

EDIT:  Just saw your subsequent post regarding use of the word "shit".  Points well made and received.  I can be a nobber but I do think it's better to talk reasonably about players rather than slag them using four letter words.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Fair enough, I respect your opinion and he might very well turn out to be a failure at the club.  I just wish we could find better ways of talking about players than "he' shit" because I honestly believe it invalidates your argument which, when expressed as it is above, is pretty solid.  X

EDIT:  Just saw your subsequent post regarding use of the word "shit".  Points well made and received.  I can be a nobber but I do think it's better to talk reasonably about players rather than slag them using four letter words.  X

I'm not really arguing tbh, I'm just stating. He's shit. Arguing implies I'm trying to convince anyone, I don't really care if you agree tbh.

The man has been debated to death in here. I gave pretty extensive statistical reasons why he shouldn't have been when we were first linked. I can't really be arsed getting in to the debate all over again now that we've got our own statistical and anecdotal evidence to support the claim he's shit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not really arguing tbh, I'm just stating. He's shit. Arguing implies I'm trying to convince anyone, I don't really care if you agree tbh.

The man has been debated to death in here. I gave pretty extensive statistical reasons why he shouldn't have been when we were first linked. I can't really be arsed getting in to the debate all over again now that we've got our own statistical and anecdotal evidence to support the claim he's shit. 

Just fed his stats into quite an in depth analyser I programmed.  Results = He's Shit.  :)

Not arguing either, just like a discussion.  I don't think he is as shit as you do that's all.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Just fed his stats into quite an in depth analyser I programmed.  Results = He's Shit.  :)

Not arguing either, just like a discussion.  I don't think he is as shit as you do that's all.  X

Don't worry, you'll come around. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't worry, you'll come around. 

9 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I usually do, I am easily led and always looking for friends.  X

If you're looking for a supercilious, 'my opinion is always correct' type of friend Rumble, I'd stick with this guy, you've struck gold. X

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

If you're looking for a supercilious, 'my opinion is always correct' type of friend Rumble, I'd stick with this guy, you've struck gold. X

I've put on my best tie, I hope he notices.  X

Screenshot 2019-01-03 at 20.58.05.png

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Posting on social media telling people you don't care what anyone thinks.

What a c*ck!

9 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I thought you'd retired from FT mate - again :D

I believe we all want him to do well.

When linked with him as i'm sure others did i watched masses of YouTube clips (not always conclusive i know) and searched generally.

A history of contracts not being renewed and underachievement, given his age also, he was worth a couple of million gamble at best as not valued by his previous clubs

Bizarre signing as reasonable well covered in that area. Puel dismissed Albrighton as he did Simpson both are not world beaters but can do a job as proved

He's just walked into the PL - give the guy time to settle in and adapt to the league. 

Granted he looks off it at the moment but so did Vardy when he first came here. He's got the technical quality which he shows in glimpses but he needs to play with more intensity and aggression to really make an impact.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, shailen said:

He's just walked into the PL - give the guy time to settle in and adapt to the league. 

Granted he looks off it at the moment but so did Vardy when he first came here. He's got the technical quality which he shows in glimpses but he needs to play with more intensity and aggression to really make an impact.

Give a new signing time? What is this cavalier attitude?