Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ghezzal....

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

3 goals from open play, albeit 2 in the cup but if we are in search of a goal scorer maybe give this bloke some more game time in the league like 90 mins

Took his goal well today with a decent strike, but If you were at Everton he played for 45mins and that was 30mins to long. He was appalling there.

He will probably improve when people stop thinking he's Riyad. Because He isn't. 

Remember Diabate and Silva looked world class last year at Peterbrough. None have really cut it in the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, woddyuk said:

Took his goal well today with a decent strike, but If you were at Everton he played for 45mins and that was 30mins to long. He was appalling there.

He will probably improve when people stop thinking he's Riyad. Because He isn't. 

Remember Diabate and Silva looked world class last year at Peterbrough. None have really cut it in the Premier League. 

I agree he was shit at Everton but should be given more chance esp against these teams that park the bus as he does create and has a goal in him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

3 goals from open play, albeit 2 in the cup but if we are in search of a goal scorer maybe give this bloke some more game time in the league like 90 mins

Nobody in the side today persuaded me that we need to be dropping regular starters in their favour. The question is more whether the regular starters who took part in today's debacle should be dropped or not as a result.

I'll just about forgive Albrighton his aberration (it was thick, but he'd also worked his socks off again and was playing out of position), and I thought Choudhury did fine. But Simpson (if we count him as currently first team), Morgan and even, for his own wasteful 45 minute contribution, Maddison were disappointments. The fringe players were varying shades of poor, though I accept that Ghezzal at least created a few bits and bobs in the second half, and scored.

3 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Nobody in the side today persuaded me that we need to be dropping regular starters in their favour. The question is more whether the regular starters who took part in today's debacle should be dropped or not as a result.

I'll just about forgive Albrighton his aberration (it was thick, but he'd also worked his socks off again and was playing out of position), and I thought Choudhury did fine. But Simpson (if we count him as currently first team), Morgan and even, for his own wasteful 45 minute contribution, Maddison were disappointments. The fringe players were varying shades of poor, though I accept that Ghezzal at least created a few bits and bobs in the second half, and scored.

yea they didn't do themselves any favours did they, I'm trying to figure out what Simpson actually did for a minute I forgot he even played.. Morgan was a bit sloppy.. Albrighton needs resting, Maddision got into some good positions but turned into bambi, I suspect Morgan will start with Maguire due to him being captain etc but I'd go Evans/Maguire probably.

Puelmess

I don't mind this lad. Admittedly, I think he's technically quite limited and probably not good enough for the level we want to be at, but at least when he gets the ball he's willing to look FORWARDS and try and make things happen. Sometimes his passes and shots are misplaced, but it's more forgivable when he's trying to get on the ball and be positive. I'd rather that and lose possession, than take the negative, easy option of passing backwards and not taking responsibility. He's not as bad as most make out. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Royston. said:

Said before he is no worse than albrighton or gray.

The latter two have loads of experience in english football and the jury is STILL out on gray.

The jury isn't out on Gray. 6 goals and 6 assists in 100 premier league games. He's a waste. But at least he thinks he's good. 

That was obviously not a pretty display but I really thought Ghezzal and Albrighton (until his shocking mistake for the penalty) were our two best players.  Totally wrong that Ghezzal should be singled out for abuse when he was at least positive, created some chances and actually scored the one goal we managed.

The main issue I have with Ghezzal is not his skill set but that he's so wildly inconsistent, and it seems not to be contingent on the level of competition.  He can be like he was today - good first touch, deft with a pass forward, create a few chances - or he can be brutally awful, like he was against Everton.  There seems to be no middle ground.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Not having Ghezzal getting a slating for yesterday. He and Albrighton were quite literally the only two players trying to get anything going. There are plenty of players who need to take a look in the mirror after yesterday's performance and Ghezzal is not one of them. 

I agree on Albrighton working hard and seeming like he genuinely cared, but fook me, why the constant long ball crap!? I know his best attribute is to put a cross in, but surely he is smart enough to realise that Iheanacho and Okazaki are NOT target men. Bet the two Newport defenders were shocked how easy it was to deal with our "attacks"

Thought Ghezzal was OK, better than most the others but that wasn't saying much. I just don't think he is good enough for the Premier League personally and if it wasn't for Puel, he would be nowhere near our starting 11. Think he will be one of the first gone if we change managers.