Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ghezzal....

I think it’s too early to judge the poor lad. He’s got massive shoes to fill and was largely written off before he signed. 

Hes not strong enough and does lack pace, but he clearly has technical ability and I’ve seen some nice touches from him. 

He looked nervous today and perhaps needs more time. He may ultimately not work out but I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s utterly rubbish because he does have a nice touch. 

More broadly the whole hating on CP routine is becoming ridiculous. He can’t do right for doing wrong. So many posts that just don’t make any sense. 

Should have started Albrighton today! Well clearly we’ve had 4 games in a very short space of time and today we rotated. 

Should have started Hamza against Cardiff. If CP played three DM at home he would have been slaughtered. 

Guess what! The two best players on the pitch today were signed by CP. 

Edited by roblcfc84
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

He’s not a winger! Seems to have a silky touch/slide ball he plays and belongs as a number 10 back up to Maddison. But he’s not a winger

I tend to think you are right, the best we have seen from him has been as a 10. Maybe he will come good eventually, but it isn't looking promising.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

16 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Really hope he takes it with both hands.

I did hope too. Big chance missed and not taken. A bit disappointed really that, after sitting out for so long, he did not work that bit harder and give Maddison the competition he needs.

Let’s not write him off just yet. His touches are not bad, but his passing was way off yesterday.

5 hours ago, huggybear said:

Tin hat on here, but I think he looks more threatening and direct than others - specifically Nacho.  When he came on v Cardiff he looked like he wanted the ball, was one of few making moves off the ball and trying to do something different.  OK, he may be lacking in final product but I think he's a trier and we love one of those at City.

If we need a goal in the last 15 mins I'd currently be happier seeing Ghezzal come on than Nacho

Low on confidence or not he's woeful on the wing but could indeed do a job behind the striker. Squad player at the moment and I don't think it will ever change. But reading that he's verbally abused and that some were singing Albrighton's name while he was on the pitch makes me wonder about the IQ of some supporters.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

If we signed him and he had a good reputation id be more forgiving.

But we were told he was shit, even our scouting team thought he was and hes so far proved it for us.

Between him and Diabete we must have two of the worst wingers in the league.

You can probably add gray and albrighton into that aswell. The options we have outwide are pretty poor imo. Really hope we buy a quality wide player either in January or the summer 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I actually think Ghezzal is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us. The cynic inside me thinks he was purely signed for marketing reasons with Mahrez leaving.

How long have you been following city? Couple of years? Because I could literally real of 50 names off the top of my head, that were far worse. In fact pretty much anyone that played for us in the Levin, Kelly, Holloway 3 year period was worse. Not to mention luiz Hernandez, Ron Robert zeiler and Bartoz Kaputska in recent times.

Fair enough he's had a tough time in first few months but he's no Kevin Pressman. Or Mark De Veires lets not lose our heads and be overly dramatic!

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

But we were told he was shit, even our scouting team thought he was and hes so far proved it for us.

Is there still a chance for Ndukwu? He looked really promising before his injury. Even with 1 leg he is probably an upgrade on those two clowns. 

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

How long have you been following city? Couple of years? Because I could literally real of 50 names off the top of my head, that were far worse. In fact pretty much anyone that played for us in the Levin, Kelly, Holloway 3 year period was worse. Not to mention luiz Hernandez, Ron Robert zeiler and Bartoz Kaputska in recent times.

Fair enough he's had a tough time in first few months but he's no Kevin Pressman. Or Mark De Veires lets not lose our heads and be overly dramatic!

People are still convinced Kapustka will make it here. Ha

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

How do you know the scouting team thought he was shit?

5 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

You can probably add gray and albrighton into that aswell. The options we have outwide are pretty poor imo. Really hope we buy a quality wide player either in January or the summer 

Albrighton!!!!!???????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Forgot to mention basically anyone Peter Taylor signed. Every single last one.

14 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

All my life mate. For me he has nothing in his game. Kaputska, Hernandez and Zieler all showed more in their limited appearances and de vries wasn’t too bad.