Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ghezzal....

It’s hard to be to critical as the whole team is playing so poor, But I just don’t see how he is going to fit in here.

Its very frustrating watching him give the ball away time and time again not sure what he offers us in a positive way. Poor player in my opinion.

• Like 1

Should have played against Cardiff when they were sitting deep and we needed somebody to create something in small pockets of pace. Completely unsuited to today where we're sitting deep and trying to counter attack. Puel's got his selections for both games the wrong way round, and it's not doing Ghezzal any favours. 

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I guess that’s the point mate? That’s his role. Mendy for instance isn’t there ‘to make something happen’, whereas Ghezzal is

Well he’s been hooked off now mate! Im just trying to give the kid a chance but not sure he’s got many left now tbh.

A lot written him off already, it’s his first season in a new league, in a team that is inconsistent and disjointed.

A lot of us write vardy and mahrez off in their first seasons, I’m guilty on vardy, as he was so far out of his depth in his first season, which he admits, but look how he came on.

Mendy in the summer was first on a lot on here’s bin list, now look.

We have got to give the players a season to settle, not all have the class of Ricardo and look top class first season 

• Like 2

Some of his touches were awful, didn't look to get involved but was unfortunate a couple of times with quick through balls to Vardy just not coming off, which even Vardy acknowledged.

But you look at how Albrighton plays and that's what we require.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

A lot written him off already, it’s his first season in a new league, in a team that is inconsistent and disjointed.

A lot of us write vardy and mahrez off in their first seasons, I’m guilty on vardy, as he was so far out of his depth in his first season, which he admits, but look how he came on.

Mendy in the summer was first on a lot on here’s bin list, now look.

We have got to give the players a season to settle, not all have the class of Ricardo and look top class first season 

Yeh but also you can't apply this to every single player. Some players are just shit and you can't persist with them forever.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Yeh but also you can't apply this to every single player. Some players are just shit and you can't persist with them forever.

Yes but in this case, he’s has been bit part player, no chance to play into form.

I agree some are just shit in our squad, that includes players that have been here for years, but are hero worshiped, given allowances because they work hard, and given chance after chance, but players like ghezzal will just not get chance

27 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Makes you wonder what our scouting/recruitment staff saw in him. Obviously something we haven't yet.

It was a panic signing, hence us chucking money at random wingers left right and centre. Remember when everyone went crazy for the flop who went to Bournemouth for twice the price. For whatever reason, our first choice targets weren't attainable and we were throwing darts at a board to try and pick a player.