Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Southampton (H).. pre match thread

36 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Adrien Silva's recent instagram post implies he's actually staying, and seeing we are likely to be in a situation where Southampton park the bus, I wouldn't mind trying something a bit different...

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Choudhury Silva Ndidi
Albrighton Vardy Maddison 

What '!!

No Matty James!!.. Are you mad? 

Looking forward to this one, usually I dread home games vs mediocre teams but their new manager has made this a bit more of a tactical game than usual. Puel has got the better of his old club at St Mary's but at home it's been two more fest 0-0's which is very much a common theme against other clubs at home. I think this is the perfect opportunity to get the monkey off our back and unpick a resilient defensive unit and win by 2 or 3 goals.

I think it'll be 4-1 Leicester

1 hour ago, dyanmark said:

I happen to think Gray is not going to make it here and should be offered a way out this window.

Back to full team and 4 3 3 please Claude io

I said in the summer that he should be given 12 months to finally impress, and I stick by that, but he really needs a strong end to the season as so far we have only seen flashes and no consistency, which has been the story of his career so far with us.

He will quickly be pushed down the pecking order if he fails to step up significantly like Chilwell has. 6 months Gray! Make your mark or time's up here I'm afraid. 

On 07/01/2019 at 10:50, Foxy_Bear said:

I don't fully understand it when people say 433 with Wilf, papy and Hamza across the middle is too defensive. Those three would allow Chillwell, Ricky and the front three to be more attacking. Seems fairly balanced on paper. 

I'd thought this myself. Effectively 5 attacking outfield players and 5 defensive ones. You can't get much more balanced than that. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Micky said:

Yoshida, Gallagher, Lemina and Betrand also out. They are there for the taking.

Armstrong was injured at the start of this week too. he's been playing well.

Not that we should be relying on players to be missing for the opposition but perhaps it helps...

Another depressing thread....do we now have the worst supporters in the Premier League?, or is it just on FT that most appear to be South of negative?

Hopefully I'm looking forward to seeing a result which brings at least one point and possibly three.

Edited by norwichfox
  • Like 4