Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Whetstone_Fox

Europa League

7 minutes ago, Whetstone_Fox said:

The Europa League is worth going for as it is a way into the Champions league if we do really well in it but also it is another European tour.

Yes i do agree our depth of squad right now is not enough to cope with the demand of the Europa League but Puel and behind the scenes will have the Summer transfer window to sort it out and sign a lot of people (Thats if we finish in a Europa League spot)

Everyone keeps saying that Burnley went down hill because of it but i disagree. Burnley did not make enough signings to cope with it and that is straight facts. Whereas we have the money and the backing for transfers so i think this is our opportunity

Think it's the last thing we want this year, particularly if it means preliminaries. If there were the manager would just field the equivalent of an u23 league cup style team and then get a used of not taking it seriously. Better next year all round I think.

I'd love to be in Europa League, even if it was just the group stages.

Problem is by finishing 7th you have to begin in the middle of July and chances are we'd be out before August.

Maybe we should have gone for the cup so we get automatic qualification into group stages :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'd like us to first of all, qualify, but if we were to make I'd want us take it seriously - I'd rather finish lower down the league than chuck away a European campaign only to try and finish 7th again.

Can only imagine the uproar from many fans if we finished lower down the league below 7th after yesterday! 

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Think it's the last thing we want this year, particularly if it means preliminaries. If there were the manager would just field the equivalent of an u23 league cup style team and then get a used of not taking it seriously. Better next year all round I think.

Why would you not want Europa League ?

You think Vichai and Top want us making up the numbers in the PL ?

Puel bottled the push for 7th last season...It’s sure to happen again

I just can't see us taking this seriously at all. The Carabao and FA Cup has shown us how highly we regard cup competitions, and the over riding priority is to finish as high as possible in the Premier League. Everything else is deemed a reserve/training outing. 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I am still absolutely certain that we failed to qualify last season on purpose. Our squad was, and still is, not good enough to cope with the extra fixtures required.

That’s why we’ve backed Puel regardless of poor form. We had an excellent summer’s recruitment but that was only phase one

Phase two is currently under way and will be concluded with hopefully another good summer. 

I believe we will be good enough this season to qualify but what we NEED is stability in the management department. For that reason, I’m Puel in all the way. 

Results like last night only vindicate this in my opinion. 

I think your over thinking it

”ok lads, just chuck away a top 7 finish and Europe”

I cant see it

• Like 1

Don't understand why you guys don't have the desire to challenge for Europe. The only reason Burnley messed up is that their Squad Depth is atrocious. We have the capability to challenge for Europe and we HAD the experienced players in order to do it.

Slimani, Silva, Iborra, Fuchs, Musa all have European Experience and are valuable players but CP decides that just because they don't fit his style he'll get rid of them. Vardy doesn't fit his style, is he going to get rid of him as well? Peeves me off. Call me delusional, but I wanna see European football at the KP once again. Our triumphs weren't flukes. We can do it again.

Edited by siraaj_lcfc
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, somebum said:

No good getting into Europe if you can't even beat Newport 

Considering how the past two weeks have gone, I predict we'll get a Europa League berth but get knocked out by Connah's Quay Nomads in the second qualifying round.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Would rather win the FA Cup.....

If only it was that easy.

You make it sound like we had a good chance of winning the FA Cup.

To do that it would most likely mean beating at least 2 of the top 6 teams.

Still We've managed to win the FA Cup so many times in our long history I suppose you are right.

Love us to get into the EL. The issue is the time we would be coming back to play the tie. All of our internationals (including an u21 tournament so no benkovic, Barnes, gray and maybe maddison) wouldn't be playing, our out of contract players will be gone and it's a AFCON summer. That would leave us with very little to actually progress. 

Edited by North Leeds Fox

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

If only it was that easy.

You make it sound like we had a good chance of winning the FA Cup.

To do that it would most likely mean beating at least 2 of the top 6 teams.

Still We've managed to win the FA Cup so many times in our long history I suppose you are right.

Are we the only team to have reached the finals and lost 4 times?

2 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Are we the only team to have reached the finals and lost 4 times?

Better to have been there and lost than to be knocked out by Harlow or Wycombe :D