Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jamie Vardy to Chelsea

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's 32, he needs replacing soon enough.

Whilst I never want him to go and hope he finishes his career here your statements hardly warrant the response they have got.  If I take emotion and compassion and nostalgia away then, in theory, £50m for Vardy would probably be a good piece of business for us for a 32 year old.  As I said, I hope he stays because, well, he is Jamie Vardy and I love him but objectively your statement is sound.  X

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The problem is finding the replacement that gets close, we've already spent about £90m and not found a decent striker.

The way I look at it, is that it will be easier to replace him with an extra £50m in your pocket, than it will be replacing him in another year or two with no extra cash in your pocket.

They wouldn't offer anything close to £50m anyway, they'll offer £20m and it's just not worth it for that price as a few places lower in the league can lose you £10m in the blink of an eye. So what's the point.

Were any of those players replacements for Vardy (Musa perhaps) or were they expected to play alongside him?

Seems nobody can play as a proper second striker alongside him.

Agree that 20m isn't worth the risk at the moment.

I think Puel is aware that without him we could fall down the league, he's seen what Iheanacho and Shinji are capable of ( or not), hence him not playing in the cup games.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

That is dependant on who and how quickly any replacements come in and step up.

I'm not knocking Vardy, love him to pieces, but we have to look to the future very soon.

Before we look into the future we need to address the present.

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah I remember everyone saying the same in the summer when Mahrez went.

Everyone? Nah. A few did, but were still 25/1 to go down for a reason.

When you see us without Vardy we are totally impotent up front and can barely score a goal, it's just not worth at the risk at the minute.

My opinion has changed on this, If there was ever a time we look vulnerable to lose him its now.

On a great wage but he'd get a massive signing on payday, higher wages and as much as we think of our club Chelsea are massive as is the pull of London for a couple of years.

Rip the heart out of our club, but as with Kante it'd be a understandable move.

Save him having to change his style of play

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Everyone? Nah. A few did, but were still 25/1 to go down for a reason.

When you see us without Vardy we are totally impotent up front and can barely score a goal, it's just not worth at the risk at the minute.

Taking the money is dependent on signing someone and not just playing Okazaki up front all season.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Taking the money is dependent on signing someone and not just playing Okazaki up front all season.

I know, that's what worries me in that department giving our recent spending.

27 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Whilst I never want him to go and hope he finishes his career here your statements hardly warrant the response they have got.  If I take emotion and compassion and nostalgia away then, in theory, £50m for Vardy would probably be a good piece of business for us for a 32 year old.  As I said, I hope he stays because, well, he is Jamie Vardy and I love him but objectively your statement is sound.  X

i think the problem is who do we replace him with? i mean who realistically would come to us and give us what Jamie has given us over the years?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

i think the problem is who do we replace him with? i mean who realistically would come to us and give us what Jamie has given us over the years?

Yeah, I agree, I cannot think of anyone off the top of my head.  For me Jamie Vardy is world class at what he does.  I suppose there is a chance we could get a striker in to do a different but equally effective role in the new system?  But again, no idea who.  X

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah, I agree, I cannot think of anyone off the top of my head.  For me Jamie Vardy is world class at what he does.  I suppose there is a chance we could get a striker in to do a different but equally effective role in the new system?  But again, no idea who.  X

Replcing him is impossible in the short term (If not at all), but we cannot wait until he downs his last red bull to take action, we need someone to grow into the role or move in a different direction.

i.e.; someone who offers something different

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's 32, he needs replacing soon enough.

With a better fit to our new game plan. 

If CP is a long term plan then he needs all the help the club can give in moving his vision on. 

I do feel this place will be more toxic than Chernobyl if this sale happens now though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MC Prussian said:

If Jamie Vardy needs more insight into the way Chelsea operate, he'd be best advised to give Danny Drinkwater a ring.

Lets hope he doesn't ring N'Golo eh?

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

and that’s the reason why i think people are baulking at Bab’s 50 million, not is it good valuation for a 32 year old... but who can we get with that money who is as good as vardy 

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

With a better fit to our new game plan. 

If CP is a long term plan then he needs all the help the club can give in moving his vision on. 

I do feel this place will be more toxic than Chernobyl if this sale happens now though. 

Our new game plan is three defensive midfielders lumping balls up the pitch, pretty perfect for Vardy.