Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

10 minutes ago, nettle said:

Huddersfield do actually play some decent football but they've got there hands tied

financially unfortunately. My father in law is a season ticket holder there and I've been a couple of times this season and they've been a bit unlucky to be honest. 

That's fair enough, it's just a big gulf in terms of expectation and not sure if its a risk the owners would take.

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That's fair enough, it's just a big gulf in terms of expectation and not sure if its a risk the owners would take.

Probably is a risk but Wagner is loved in Huddersfield because the fans know how well he has done there. It's a miracle he kept them up last year.

11 hours ago, BKLFox said:

& Do people really think we’ll make top 7 or above with a New Manager with this squad no additions?

Again genuine question. 

How on earth could we predict? 

:D

We’d have no idea who the new manager was?

Daft question mate tbf. 

I went for Puel in, but I admit I'm running out of positivity and excuses for him. Question is whether firstly Puel knows what the problems are and is willing to/plans to address them and/or whether we think Puel is the going to get the right players (is that even his choice?)

I'm not a 'Puel in' because I'm enjoying his football, far from it, I'm in the camp of giving him an opportunity to build something over this summer. But he can't keep going as he is, he has to compromise.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The perfect time to do a poll, 5.30 on a Saturday after a loss. It won't in any way get swung by people still being pissed off about losing lol

...or it's the ideal time whilst the shit show of a match is still fresh in peoples minds ;)

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's a worrying trend that a number of people on Foxes Talk struggle with anything over 10 words. Maybe it's indicative of why so many fans are so impatient? Anyway let me simplify it for you:

ME SUPPORT LEICESTER
MANY YOUNG PLAYERS
GIVE MANAGER TIME
GET BEHIND CLUB

But I'm guessing I've lost you after the first sentence.

The irony of course is the post was about long term benefits which aren't a quick fix :whistle:.

...and these are the reasons that desperately want me to be proven wrong by Puel.

Ultimately though, once you come to the conclusion that the manager himself is flawed, not suited to this club and unwilling to change then people will vote 'out'.

I'm not so outraged by his showing as manager that I think he deserves to get sacked. However I just can not see him ever winning people over and becoming a success here. All I can see is a steady decline as the atmosphere gets worse.

When 7th and European qualification is still a possibility this season, I would personally make the change now and give us the best chance to achieve that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

...and these are the reasons that desperately want me to be proven wrong by Puel.

Ultimately though, once you come to the conclusion that the manager himself is flawed, not suited to this club and unwilling to change then people will vote 'out'.

I'm not so outraged by his showing as manager that I think he deserves to get sacked. However I just can not see him ever winning people over and becoming a success here. All I can see is a steady decline as the atmosphere gets worse.

When 7th and European qualification is still a possibility this season, I would personally make the change now and give us the best chance to achieve that.

This is probably what irks me most about the Puel Out crowd.  I accept question marks over the manager.  What I cant get on board with is the blind faith that a new manager, whoever it is, will have us doing better.

We have no idea who might come in next, really no idea.  Remember how long it took them to confirm Shakespeare?  They were clearly fishing around with no bites.  Who it could be next is anyone's guess, we could end up with a right gebroni and things could get a lot worse

...not saying we definitely would!  But there is a good chance it could happen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

You want the manager of the team who don't play 'good football and can barely muster a shot on target. They played well last year, but 2nd season syndrome has smashed them this year.

What makes you think he can do a job for us, 2 almost polar opposite clubs? It's a big, big risk, and I'm not sure its worth it.

There are plenty on here who want us to lose to see Puel sacked, I wouldn't use what you see people post as a reason for an opinion.

I think Doris the tea lady could do as good a job at the moment 

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

This is probably what irks me most about the Puel Out crowd.  I accept question marks over the manager.  What I cant get on board with is the blind faith that a new manager, whoever it is, will have us doing better.

We have no idea who might come in next, really no idea.  Remember how long it took them to confirm Shakespeare?  They were clearly fishing around with no bites.  Who it could be next is anyone's guess, we could end up with a right gebroni and things could get a lot worse

...not saying we definitely would!  But there is a good chance it could happen

My theory is that this squad isn't really behind the manager. I mean, that should be obvious by the fact we start so slowly in every single game.

A new manager, maybe even caretaker, has a good chance to get a reaction from this team early on, as countless new managers do. It would give everyone a lift, not least the fans.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

My theory is that this squad isn't really behind the manager. I mean, that should be obvious by the fact we start so slowly in every single game.

A new manager, maybe even caretaker, has a good chance to get a reaction from this team early on, as countless new managers do. It would give everyone a lift, not least the fans.

If that is true, and if it was true under Ranieri (which I doubt in both instances) then the players can sod off as far as I'm concerned, because it will keep happening no matter who the manager is.

• Like 3

Seems a bit short-sighted, going for that new manager bounce.  What happens in 6 months when we've had another couple of changes and the transfer policy gets another slight skewing making our squad more unbalanced?

It might be something we have to deal with anyway if results nosedive over the next few months.  If we go on a very bad run of form the club might be able to sack him with solid justification and we might have to deal with the issue of another change of hands, but its not a risk i'd like to take unnecessarily

The squad may not be behind the manager, I dont know.  Thats just a theory at the moment.  If there is truth to it then Top will be aware of it, if not now then at some point, and will make the change I dont doubt, IF there is someone half decent lined up as replacement

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

With the squad that Ranieri had, but with Puel in charge, would City have won the title in 2016? I don't think so. Why? Because Ranieri was an idealist who dreamed the impossible, and in doing so, made the impossible become possible. With Puel, we have a manager with seemingly no great ambitions for the club, which is why we'll never win any silverware with him in charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Ricey said:

My comment before last was supposed to quote this but I effed it up somehow

14 minutes ago, String fellow said:

With the squad that Ranieri had, but with Puel in charge, would City have won the title in 2016? I don't think so. Why? Because Ranieri was an idealist who dreamed the impossible, and in doing so, made the impossible become possible. With Puel, we have a manager with seemingly no great ambitions for the club, which is why we'll never win any silverware with him in charge.

You could ask the same question of any manager, and in 99.9999℅ of cases the answer would be no. Ranieri was the right man at the right time. It was a perfect storm.

• Like 2

On 12/01/2019 at 17:45, Finnegan said:

Nothing on foxestalk is constructive. We don't make decisions, we don't buy players, we don't pick the team, the club isn't a democracy with this as its chambers.

Its just a discussion forum and given how many of the fan base don't like the manager, he's obviously going to be talked about a lot, as is whether or not he should continue in employment. 

The fact you want to shut down the opinions of everyone that criticises the manager speaks more negatively about you than this poll does about them. 

I don't like Brexit or Trump, I don't spend my days visiting the Brexit and Trump threads telling the mods to delete all of Matt's posts because I don't think they're constructive, do I? 

You want Puel in? Vote as such and argue as such or even better, just ignore the thread because it literally means nothing, it's just a discussion on the Internet. 

Only just seen this but this is spot on. People moaning about discussions taking place are, without a shadow of a doubt, the single most tedious things on here.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If that is true, and if it was true under Ranieri (which I doubt in both instances) then the players can sod off as far as I'm concerned, because it will keep happening no matter who the manager is.

Spot on. One manager losing the squad, fine - it happens, move on and find a new manager. Several different managers losing the same squad in the space of a few years - the problem ain't the manager at that point

• Like 2

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

I doubt ranieri could do it again with the same squad

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Whats the difference between an idealist and a man who stubbornly sticks to his vision?

7 places in the premier league i guess lol 

In for now until the end of the season. Don't see the point in getting rid because who else is going to come? I think if we sack him now it would only put potential good managers off. Keep him until the end of the season and then all likelihood get rid unless he is doing something amazing. 

Thought this was an interesting picture.

gc3cztwtaaa21.png?width=432&auto=webp&s= 

On 12/01/2019 at 17:40, MattP said:

Silly to do these straight after a game as emotions run high and you shouldn't take decisions on emotion.

Do one on Monday.

So, did anyone vote to sack him and now on reflection think a bit of patience to either give him time or search for a competent replacement might actually be the right thing to do?

23 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's a worrying trend that a number of people on Foxes Talk struggle with anything over 10 words. Maybe it's indicative of why so many fans are so impatient? Anyway let me simplify it for you:

ME SUPPORT LEICESTER
MANY YOUNG PLAYERS
GIVE MANAGER TIME
GET BEHIND CLUB

But I'm guessing I've lost you after the first sentence.

The irony of course is the post was about long term benefits which aren't a quick fix :whistle:.

Much better. Yes I agree with you. 

Little is often more?

• Haha 1