Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That's what everyone said after the Palace game lol . Every time he seems to be really under pressure he pulls the result out.

I actually have way more optimism about the upcoming fixtures (bar Wolves) because those teams will attack us and allow the players to at least play some of their natural game.

Hopefully they play like they did against Man City and not how they did against Spurs.

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

I hate this logic of “you can’t blame Puel for x player doing this or that”. How far does that logic stretch? You can’t blame Puel for any of our losses as it’s not him on the pitch?

He is the manager and the buck stops with him.

Yesterday we we’re awful. It wasn’t just Mendy’s mistakes that were the problem.

I hate the logic of "its easier to sack the manager then sack the players that's not doing a job" but that's the world we live in! I think I made things perfectly clear that I'm not always happy and i don't agree with all his decisions I just state that there's no1 better out there at the minute! I'm not 1 of the blinkered "I think he is doing everything right puel in" people but you provide me with a better realistic option!

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thanks matt.

Imo puel needs to be realistic and to reassure the fans that he understabds what needs to be done and will do it.

I think he is so focussed on his own ways that he has no grasp of the issues required...

More and more i am coming to believe that je hasnt the metal to gather the players arround his flag and enthuse them to go out abd be posditive and win.

He's not getting sacked. Mid table is fine for the club the next couple of seasons, while we repay the loan for the training ground and the expansion. All the infrastructure work is tailor made for a manager that put an emphasis on long term investment and promoting academy players, ie Puel. 

That being said, we won't fill an expanded ground under CP, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

Out but i dont think it will happen for a month . Currently I think it is not so unlikely that we may slip into the relegation battle. I. E. Into the current mini league  of 5 with newcastle Southampton palace cardiff burnley etc to avoid. 17th. You can see how in a month fortunes can change. Our upcoming fixtures are pretty tough. There seems no spirit in the squad. Plus i think that in reality the squad isnt that good and probably no better than these teams . They all have 1 or 2 good young players 1 or 2 stars and a load of bang average interchangeable players. If you take away the 6 points we fluked over xmas wed be 3 points ahead of palace in 13th. The current position is false. 

Sorry but its the way i feel. I hope they make a change but have someone very good on their radar. To be honest who had ever heard of ralph h..a few weeks ago but he seems to have had an effect.1injury or suspension to the prone vardy and things even more finely balanced. 

9 hours ago, City1884 said:

Whoever we get in shouldn’t be under any pressure though, as everyone has said, season wise, we’ve nothing to lose now.

We aren’t getting relegated, whoever is in charge.

Maybe the younger players do love Puel, I doubt it though. Results breed confidence. Our players look nervous now. They seem scared to play their natural game, and confined to Puels “possession” football.

You think players like Gray and Chilwell want to be stopping at the edge of the box and passing back to Maguire and Morgan instead of taking people on? You think Maddison doesn’t want players making forward runs past him to play balls on to?

You think Vardy wants to be in his own box defending the front post at corners when he could be the outlet on the halfway line?

You’re right, there is no guarantee a new manager will be a success, but they’ll have 2-3 months with the pressure off, as they get their ideas across, and i’m Sure they will still give the young players game time, as we pretty much only have young players in the squad now? What old players can a new manager play? Simpson? Fuchs? Okazaki? Who are all out of contract?........... We only have young players now really.

I dont know if a new manager wouldnt have pressure. Depends on who it would be i suppose. Puel came in last season and dragged us up the table but that didnt stop pressure mounting on him

Can't be bothered to vote what's the point? We had a vote weeks ago. We're as divided on Puel as the country is on Brexit. They'll be swings to Puel In when we win a few, and swings to Puel Out when we lose and it will be like this until he's finally sacked. 

• Like 2

I’m afraid I’ve gone for ‘out’ now and genuinely feel bad about it because I hate this chopping and changing.

Bur crashing out to Newport was actually the main reason for me, not yesterdays result.

I don’t like Puel, is the bottom line. He seems arrogant and one-dimensional.

I wouldn’t mind seeing how somebody else could tutor this squad.

• Like 3

I think were majorly one dimensional, making us incredibly inconsistent. I don't think Puel is the man but can't help but feel like a tw*t getting rid of a manager getting us in the top half. Big challenge for any manager to come in and improve drastically on that. Literally have no clue what to do lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’m afraid I’ve gone for ‘out’ now and genuinely feel bad about it because I hate this chopping and changing.

Bur crashing out to Newport was actually the main reason for me, not yesterdays result.

I don’t like Puel, is the bottom line. He seems arrogant and one-dimensional.

I wouldn’t mind seeing how somebody else could tutor this squad.

The disdain for Cup competitions has increased the pressure had we reached the final of the League Cup, perhaps a Top 10 finish would be a considered a good season by all accounts, now if we don’t finish 7th I cannot see him surviving tbh.

6 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

2 Years he has been wasting squads which is capable of playing in europe. 

sack of sh ite

That’s just not the case. We’re not CL, and barely EL. 

Might be approaching EL.

We had a shining, literal once in a lifetime moment. Doesn’t mean we’re on that level as a club.

Even the Mercury (aka Tanner) who have been very much on the side of Puel seem to be shifting judging by the tone of the recent piece.

For a few weeks there’s been an air inevitability about Puel being sacked, briefly lifted by the results over Christmas but now seems to have reached fever pitch. I just hope those in charge don’t cock the next one up, that could be disastrous.

31 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Even the Mercury (aka Tanner) who have been very much on the side of Puel seem to be shifting judging by the tone of the recent piece.

For a few weeks there’s been an air inevitability about Puel being sacked, briefly lifted by the results over Christmas but now seems to have reached fever pitch. I just hope those in charge don’t cock the next one up, that could be disastrous.

Well, the track record is spotty at best. Fire Puel and we’ll be odds on candidates for relegation next season. 

• Like 2

Truth is that if he became available tomorrow and all 20 Premier League clubs had no manager, I'd wager not one of them would give him a second glance. 

Edited by l444ry

We've assembled a group of young players, to the delight of most supporters and the envy of many of the so called bigger clubs, some of which are probably already lining up approaches for those same players. How does Puel think Maguire, Chilwell and others will regard being at LCFC when they hear the man in charge say that we all need a reality check and to be in the top six is impossible? Why would they bother sticking around for any length of time? What was he thinking?

When Vichai and Top arrived at our club, their vision/dream was European football within five years. Most of us, if we're honest, probably had a little smile at that, or even felt a little embarrassed or worried that it was setting us up for a fall. But it was also exciting to think we had people looking after our club with a bit of enterprise and ambition. It gave us hope...and then look what happened.

Claude  Puel comes over as somewhat dull and uninspiring. As does his football. He's not going to transform into a Klopp or Guardiola personality but regretfully I don't see that he's going to change the style of the team either. It's not coincidence that he was slated and sacked at Southampton for producing the first edition of what he's doing at Leicester and I feel, after watching another two abysmal performances in the last week, I've really had enough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Well, the track record is spotty at best. Fire Puel and we’ll be odds on candidates for relegation next season. 

With him staying in charge and not changing his tactics our home form could easily make us candidates as well.

The away form is the only saving grace in terms of results if that slips we’ll be in trouble.

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

With him staying in charge and not changing his tactics our home form could easily make us candidates as well.

The away form is the only saving grace in terms of results if that slips we’ll be in trouble.

The games we win is his only saving grace. If we lose the games we win we will be in trouble

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Do people really think we’ll make top 7 come the end? Genuine question?

I think we have a great chance in all honesty. 7th-11th are all incredibly inconsistent, we'll win a big game then lose against teams we should be beating.