Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No, but I am OK with that. I actually think we will finish 12th, which is less OK but given this is a transition season and Vichai passed away isn't a disaster IMO. We won't get relegated and have been nowhere near the bottom 3 all season long.

There were two ways to go in the summer. Spend money on established players who will make an impact now, the route chosen by Everton and West Ham. Or choose the long term strategy to invest in young players and to develop them. Personally I far prefer our strategy. We are integrating players who have grown up at the club and either support the club or have been here for long enough that they card about the club like the fans do. I'd rather have Chilwell, Barnes, Choudhury and to some extent Maddison than Digne, Wilshere, Nasri and Andre Gomes. The latter are better players right now and more experienced, but are basically slightly above average players that did not make the cut at elite clubs. Our players are LCFC's own! They might also turn out to be highly mediocre (which is what appears to be happening to Gray) but they won't be on mega wages or ready to jump ship at the first opportunity.

A lot of people hate Puel which is fine, but what he is doing for our youngsters will likely have a huge impact on the club for the next 5 years. Chilwell, Benkovic, Soynucu, Ricardo, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Gray will likely be in the team for years, only leaving if a mega bucks offer comes in or they can't make the grade. Yesterday we had ALL of our promising young English players playing at the same time. How many other managers in the league would do that? Maybe Pochettino, but not many others. This is a pivotal shift in the club's history. Now instead of hoovering up players from other clubs that are unwanted, we are developing our own that have a route into the first team. West Ham and Everton are stuck in the mercenaries game, whereas we are trying to make our way out of it.

I don't see Puel ever being the long term man to win us our next trophy, but he's doing the grunt work to setup the club for someone more charismatic and attacking to come in and reap the rewards. To be honest he reminds me a lot of Theresa May (who by the way I despise) in that essentially no matter what he does, he can't win. He's made a ton of mistakes along the way, but overall what he has started is a very good thing.

The thing is that most people aren't good at thinking about the long term, both in football and in life. It's a bit like saving up for a Mortgage, you probably have to give up / cut down on a lot of hobbies and going out for a number of years in order to save up, but if you do it, you have your own place. But is sure as hell isn't much fun at all during that saving up period. Right now as a club, we are setting up for the future, it's the reason why when you are outside the club shop you see the "New Horizons" tag instead of "Fearless."

To be honest it makes me very sad as a lifelong fan that despite being in the top 10 of the Premier League, despite having a raft of young English players in and around the first team, despite having the highest number of international players at the World Cup and called up for the England team in years, despite having new facilities on the way and despite all coming together to show our appreciation for a legendary club owner that every single week without fail, all we can do is argue about if the manager should be sacked or not. The irony is that the greatest story in all of football has turned the fan base into entitled whiners. What ever happened to those days when we were 2-0 down at home to Arsenal but roared our team onto draw 3-3? Whatever happened to being 3-1 down to Man United and beating them 5-3? Turning over Sevilla to reach the Champions League top 8 just a few games after Ranieri was sacked? Being bottom of the league for 6 months and still escaping? Beating Swansea 4-0 despite Vardy being suspended? Now it's PUEL OUT! on a day when we start 7th after having beaten the last two Champions in the space of a month.

Foxes Never Quit? Never quit moaning more like... :cry:

Reading that post felt like watching the match yesterday... 

Bookies certainly think he is safe for a while.

Was 4/11 yesterday now out to 8/5. Wagner into odds-on favourite to go next.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

i would take Wagner over Puel any day of the week

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

There’s been some fake rumour going round on Twitter today that Wagner has walked so people are taking the odds, there’s no money in these markets so the odds will tank if you get a few quid put on, unless you see somebody down to 1/7 I wouldn’t take much notice of them

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

No, but I am OK with that. I actually think we will finish 12th, which is less OK but given this is a transition season and Vichai passed away isn't a disaster IMO. We won't get relegated and have been nowhere near the bottom 3 all season long.

There were two ways to go in the summer. Spend money on established players who will make an impact now, the route chosen by Everton and West Ham. Or choose the long term strategy to invest in young players and to develop them. Personally I far prefer our strategy. We are integrating players who have grown up at the club and either support the club or have been here for long enough that they card about the club like the fans do. I'd rather have Chilwell, Barnes, Choudhury and to some extent Maddison than Digne, Wilshere, Nasri and Andre Gomes. The latter are better players right now and more experienced, but are basically slightly above average players that did not make the cut at elite clubs. Our players are LCFC's own! They might also turn out to be highly mediocre (which is what appears to be happening to Gray) but they won't be on mega wages or ready to jump ship at the first opportunity.

A lot of people hate Puel which is fine, but what he is doing for our youngsters will likely have a huge impact on the club for the next 5 years. Chilwell, Benkovic, Soynucu, Ricardo, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Gray will likely be in the team for years, only leaving if a mega bucks offer comes in or they can't make the grade. Yesterday we had ALL of our promising young English players playing at the same time. How many other managers in the league would do that? Maybe Pochettino, but not many others. This is a pivotal shift in the club's history. Now instead of hoovering up players from other clubs that are unwanted, we are developing our own that have a route into the first team. West Ham and Everton are stuck in the mercenaries game, whereas we are trying to make our way out of it.

I don't see Puel ever being the long term man to win us our next trophy, but he's doing the grunt work to setup the club for someone more charismatic and attacking to come in and reap the rewards. To be honest he reminds me a lot of Theresa May (who by the way I despise) in that essentially no matter what he does, he can't win. He's made a ton of mistakes along the way, but overall what he has started is a very good thing.

The thing is that most people aren't good at thinking about the long term, both in football and in life. It's a bit like saving up for a Mortgage, you probably have to give up / cut down on a lot of hobbies and going out for a number of years in order to save up, but if you do it, you have your own place. But is sure as hell isn't much fun at all during that saving up period. Right now as a club, we are setting up for the future, it's the reason why when you are outside the club shop you see the "New Horizons" tag instead of "Fearless."

To be honest it makes me very sad as a lifelong fan that despite being in the top 10 of the Premier League, despite having a raft of young English players in and around the first team, despite having the highest number of international players at the World Cup and called up for the England team in years, despite having new facilities on the way and despite all coming together to show our appreciation for a legendary club owner that every single week without fail, all we can do is argue about if the manager should be sacked or not. The irony is that the greatest story in all of football has turned the fan base into entitled whiners. What ever happened to those days when we were 2-0 down at home to Arsenal but roared our team onto draw 3-3? Whatever happened to being 3-1 down to Man United and beating them 5-3? Turning over Sevilla to reach the Champions League top 8 just a few games after Ranieri was sacked? Being bottom of the league for 6 months and still escaping? Beating Swansea 4-0 despite Vardy being suspended? Now it's PUEL OUT! on a day when we start 7th after having beaten the last two Champions in the space of a month.

I think there is a reason for this as it doesn’t work as the famous saying goes “you can’t win anything with kids”. I don’t disagree with the philosophy but as the article that I posted above says he is adding them too quick you need a mix of experience and youth in the team too many older players and you might not get the hunger too many talented younger players you have the hunger and athletic ability but not necessarily the footballing brain and leadership needed to grind out a result. And I think puel’s stubbern philosophy of not wanting to buy anyone in the January transfer window when there are clearly gaps in the squad is going to hurt us. So reluctantly as I don’t like not being able to back a manager I have been Puel out for a while, but I hope he proves me wrong

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think there is a reason for this as it doesn’t work as the famous saying goes “you can’t win anything with kids”. 

Except that was Hansen being a luddite, and the class of 92 had proved him wrong within 9 months 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Do people really think we’ll make top 7 come the end? Genuine question?

& Do people really think we’ll make top 7 or above with a New Manager with this squad no additions?

Again genuine question. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Just seen his interview on 'match of the day'.

Christ - has this man taken a course on how to get peoples' backs up?

" fans booing  -  eeets not my concern" 

:blink:

I think the interviewer was a bit of a douche if I’m honest. His initial question was whether Puel felt the pressure and his response was “it’s not my concern”.

The interviewer then asked other questions but in my opinion Puel seemed to be answering the first. He did say he understands the fans were disappointed so it’s a non-story IMO. Just the reporter trying to manipulate his words. English isn’t his first language either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

i would take Wagner over Puel any day of the week

Ah yes, the team whose strikers have scored 1 goal this season. 

Vardy, Maddison and Iborra combined have scored the same amount of goals. Even without those 3, we've scored more goals than them this season. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Do you sell pensions or double glazing. I agree with what you are saying, but zzzzzzz before half-way

14 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Do you sell pensions or double glazing. I agree with what you are saying, but zzzzzzz before half-way

It's a worrying trend that a number of people on Foxes Talk struggle with anything over 10 words. Maybe it's indicative of why so many fans are so impatient? Anyway let me simplify it for you:

ME SUPPORT LEICESTER
MANY YOUNG PLAYERS
GIVE MANAGER TIME
GET BEHIND CLUB

But I'm guessing I've lost you after the first sentence.

The irony of course is the post was about long term benefits which aren't a quick fix :whistle:.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's a worrying trend that a number of people on Foxes Talk struggle with anything over 10 words. Maybe it's indicative of why so many fans are so impatient? Anyway let me simplify it for you:

ME SUPPORT LEICESTER
MANY YOUNG PLAYERS
GIVE MANAGER TIME
GET BEHIND CLUB

But I'm guessing I've lost you after the first sentence.

The irony of course is the post was about long term benefits which aren't a quick fix :whistle:.

It was a fine post and it sums up my perspective well enough as well.

The poll shows how shortsighted and impatient we have become since the title win. 

Such short memories and a weird underappreciation of how tough it is to be successful.

You'd think the club would get a bye with all that's happened this season, including our manager. We're in a healthy position and the club are doing a decent job of pulling through and developing in all areas.

Puel is right in that we need stability while our new chairman finds his feet and our young players get invaluable first team experience.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is truth. Commendable post. We’ve lost the plot as a fanbase, not as a club. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Yeah, genius. In a nutshell: West Ham signed Nasri, what has Puel done?

Buy Ricardo,maddison etc, bring in young players to start. Why is it that when pep and co stick to their guns and not change their tactics after a run of loses to lower sides their praised but when puel does it he's a bad manager.

We say are performance is inconsistent but that is what happens when you play young players their inconsistent till they find their feet. We say we don't attack but generally have more shots,so is it puel fault we can't score or the players in bad form. We complain when we don't get big names, but complain when we send £100 mill on 7 players as it's "too much".

For the first time we are in a stable place in the league for over a year, no being at bottom then making a run to finish in the mid table. And we complain that we "suddenly " can't break park the bus. We couldn't  do it when we played "our" counter attacking style either.

• Like 3

Wow two polls either side of the festive resurgence and new year teturn to normality.

Amazingly cosistant as 2 out o 3 want claude gone.

But there may still be "ft yoyoing"...  As outers realise there is no clear alternative. ...balanced by inners deciding enough is enough. 

the poll thst counts is in the board room and theur deciision should be to identify a replacement and the decide if the replacement offers a better ride into the future than puel.  Yet their recent decisions since pearson have all been without a replacement lined up.  I wonder if they are working on it this time? 

Edited by foxinsocks

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Ah yes, the team whose strikers have scored 1 goal this season. 

Vardy, Maddison and Iborra combined have scored the same amount of goals. Even without those 3, we've scored more goals than them this season. 

You are comparing us to Huddersfield.

Stop and think about that for second.

What he has done there is nothing short of amazing.

He has not got the players to compete in the premier league, we find it hard to compete with teams like West ham, wolves and the foreign clubs near the top of their leagues, imagine how difficult Huddersfield find it.

There was plenty on here wanting him when Puel got the job.

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

You are comparing us to Huddersfield.

Stop and think about that for second.

What he has done there is nothing short of amazing.

He has not got the players to compete in the premier league, we find it hard to compete with teams like West ham, wolves and the foreign clubs near the top of their leagues, imagine how difficult Huddersfield find it.

There was plenty on here wanting him when Puel got the job.

You want the manager of the team who don't play 'good football and can barely muster a shot on target. They played well last year, but 2nd season syndrome has smashed them this year.

What makes you think he can do a job for us, 2 almost polar opposite clubs? It's a big, big risk, and I'm not sure its worth it.

There are plenty on here who want us to lose to see Puel sacked, I wouldn't use what you see people post as a reason for an opinion.

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Do people really think we’ll make top 7 come the end? Genuine question?

Probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t think we’re ready for the European commitments that come with finishing 7th.

We all saw how poor our ‘fringe players’ are against Newport and if we’re in Europe i’d like us to take it seriously.

We’ll still be in a transition period next season. So having to play the likes of Ghezzal and Iheanacho regularly in the league because of tiredness, rotation and loss of form due to the Europa could be a disaster. 

If we finish 7th next season however, we’ll have 4 transfer windows (including this one) to strengthen the squad and prepare properly for another European tour.

Edited by foxes21

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You want the manager of the team who don't play 'good football and can barely muster a shot on target. They played well last year, but 2nd season syndrome has smashed them this year.

What makes you think he can do a job for us, 2 almost polar opposite clubs? It's a big, big risk, and I'm not sure its worth it.

There are plenty on here who want us to lose to see Puel sacked, I wouldn't use what you see people post as a reason for an opinion.

Huddersfield do actually play some decent football but they've got there hands tied

financially unfortunately. My father in law is a season ticket holder there and I've been a couple of times this season and they've been a bit unlucky to be honest. 

• Like 1