Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Who then......

28 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Why wait? Get them in now. Attention to detail and good with the lads. Can't be beaten and much better than French moutard I suspect. 66% on here will be well chuffed. 

Getting very tired of posts like this just lately, posters jumping on the "people only want him sacked because he's French and doesn't do good interviews" bandwagon.

People want him sacked because the football is horrendous.

I'm all for opposing views but when there's a good number of posts like this, fishing for likes, it's just uncalled for.

Was that reply really warranted?

Edited by Fosse93
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Getting very tired of posts like this just lately, posters jumping on the "people only want him sacked because he's French and doesn't do good interviews" bandwagon.

People want him sacked because the football is horrendous.

I'm all for opposing views but when there's a good number of posts like this, fishing for likes, it's just uncalled for.

Was that reply really warranted?

Yes. Because there's so much bollocks posted about an alternative all the time. 

35 minutes ago, ferry67 said:

Ones to watch for the future are the Cowley Bros at Lincoln, my lad plays there, they are mustard! their attention to detail is excellent, great with the lads as well

You're not wrong  I live in Lincoln now having moved from Leicester and the Cowley's have got the whole city buzzing.  I know quite a few lads I work with who were Man Utd , Liverpool and Forest fans etc who have all got season tickets  and they can't speak highly enough of them. They are definitely on the up those guys.

• Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Yes. Because there's so much bollocks posted about an alternative all the time. 

Oh right, okay.

Maybe if you don't like people suggesting alternatives, don't come into a thread created specifically for that reason?

The person you replied to didn't even suggest an alternative really, pretty clearly saying it was a suggestion for the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Oh right, okay.

Maybe if you don't like people suggesting alternatives, don't come into a thread created specifically for that reason?

The person you replied to didn't even suggest an alternative really, pretty clearly saying it was a suggestion for the future.

Whereas the thread is about who's next if Puel goes. It is interesting and useful that there are others for the future I agree (and you obviously didn't like my wan attempt at humour) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ferry67 said:

Ones to watch for the future are the Cowley Bros at Lincoln, my lad plays there, they are mustard! their attention to detail is excellent, great with the lads as well

I’ve been to a few Lincoln games and the Cowleys are doing an amazing job! Especially since they were PE teachers a few years ago. Would be happy with that

On 13/01/2019 at 00:56, Crispin LA said:

I think Adolf Hutter who's doing great at Eintracht Frankfort, they are playing high pressing attacking football, he did wonders at Young Boys where they won the Swiss super league which they hadn't won since 86.

His coaching style is very similar to Ralf Hassanhuttl, who I wanted to have in the summer because he was available, but it wasn't meant to be with him. 

Can I add the point that the style Young Boys won the Swiss super league was because Hutter adopted the same style as when Leicester won the title. Up and coming young manager's are now coaching their teams to play the Leicester way. But we have given it up to play sideways backwards posession football which isn't our teams DNA

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

Can I add the point that the style Young Boys won the Swiss super league was because Hutter adopted the same style as when Leicester won the title. Up and coming young manager's are now coaching their teams to play the Leicester way. But we have given it up to play sideways backwards posession football which isn't our teams DNA

We are not at that stage anymore.   We are an established premier league side and it has been forced upon us to change our style

If you think otherwise please see us 2 seasons ago and last season also

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We are not at that stage anymore.   We are an established premier league side and it has been forced upon us to change our style

If you think otherwise please see us 2 seasons ago and last season also

Southampton played like Leicester of old, high pressing scored on the counterattack and sat deep and defended superbly in the second half when we had 90% posession. It's a myth that counterattacking football is dead. Teams here and elsewhere in the world are giving up pocession football and playing the Leicester Way

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

Southampton played like Leicester of old, high pressing scored on the counterattack and sat deep and defended superbly in the second half when we had 90% posession. It's a myth that counterattacking football is dead. Teams here and elsewhere in the world are giving up pocession football and playing the Leicester Way

Pfft.  Southampton were dog shit, got two very lucky goals from absolute blunders and then camped up in their box for the whole game

What happends when 2 teams want to ''play counter attacking football'' genius?

They both just leave the ball to sit in the centre circle and run back to their own goal waiting for the other team to make the first move?

We still play counter-attacking football anyway and are good at it when we get the opportunities.  Except against Southampton for example, who did attempt to attack us in the first half, and we spurned every opportunity we had to break forward with passes out of play or to the opposition (forward passes btw, counter attacking attempts, not side to side stuff)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, maf13r said:

He was sacked as Monaco manager as they was selling all there best players & not giving him any money to spend on replacements. Imagine having players like them leave & nothing to replace them with. Any manager would struggle even Henry hasn't turned it around

Wow, just looked, they're second from bottom, the French equivalent of Southampton then! 

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Pfft.  Southampton were dog shit, got two very lucky goals from absolute blunders and then camped up in their box for the whole game

They both just leave the ball to sit in the centre circle and run back to their own goal waiting for the other team to make the first move?

We still play counter-attacking football anyway and are good at it when we get the opportunities.  Except against Southampton for example, who did attempt to attack us in the first half, and we spurned every opportunity we had to break forward with passes out of play or to the opposition (forward passes btw, counter attacking attempts, not side to side stuff)

Our issue is we are suffering exactly what other teams suffered against us when we were purely a counter attacking team. We are lulled in to this false sense of security that by having the ball and passing it about nicely that we are in control of games, but we are anything but. We would murder a team like we are now, let them have the ball and work it out wide whilst we get our banks of four set and then clear the crosses away and break.

We used to set traps on the opposition, Kante and Mahrez did this with aplomb. We also no longer press from the front, or if we do it is very short lived.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our issue is we are suffering exactly what other teams suffered against us when we were purely a counter attacking team. We are lulled in to this false sense of security that by having the ball and passing it about nicely that we are in control of games, but we are anything but. We would murder a team like we are now, let them have the ball and work it out wide whilst we get our banks of four set and then clear the crosses away and break.

We used to set traps on the opposition, Kante and Mahrez did this with aplomb. We also no longer press from the front, or if we do it is very short lived.

It would be interesting to see Leicester 2015/2016 play the Leicester of 2018/2019.

I honestly think the 2015/16 team would win and extremely comfortably too even having roughly 40% possession or less.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The system/style will never work consistently IMO. It is too slow, too negative and would probably only be effective if we had a much higher calibre of players who were unable to unlock defences with a single pass or moment of brilliance.

I think Puel models himself after Wenger and his style, which again was only truly effective with a team full of exceptional talent and as soon as he didn't have those types of players at his disposal, his results were inconsistent and eventually a real issue. 

Puel has to acknowledge this and become a much more flexible tactician in my opinion. We have a talented starting 11, but it feels like he is forcing them to play a way that simply doesn't get the best out of them. Yes, a few signings may help a little but I don't believe to the extent that is needed if he continues to push forward with this style. 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Let's be fair. They were away from home, rocked by injuries coming into the game, low on confidence and had 10 men for 45 minutes! 

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

It would be interesting to see Leicester 2015/2016 play the Leicester of 2018/2019.

I honestly think the 2015/16 team would win and extremely comfortably too even having roughly 40% possession or less.

Kante and Mahrez would help as well. 

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Kante and Mahrez would help as well. 

I don't disagree but you could argue that Maddison is better than Okazaki was, Ricardo better than Simpson and current Chilwell might even be better than Fuchs was that season. .

The difference would be that tactically and stylistically the 2015/16 team would tear this one apart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I don't disagree but you could argue that Maddison is better than Okazaki was, Ricardo better than Simpson and current Chilwell might even be better than Fuchs was that season. .

The difference would be that tactically and stylistically the 2015/16 team would tear this one apart.

Simpson and Fuchs were perfect fits for ranieri’s tactics 

Ricardo and Chilwell at full back - we don’t win the league ......not good enough defensively in that system .....