Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Emiliano Sala Missing.

31 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Just truly awful for the families involved, how on earth do you begin to even start grieving in that situation. 

The worst thing is that until they find some evidence of remains they can’t declare either of them legally dead, so they’re both going to just be considered missing for years. 

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The worst thing is that until they find some evidence of remains they can’t declare either of them legally dead, so they’re both going to just be considered missing for years. 

This might not be true, but wouldn't that also affect things like wills?

The bloke was a professional footballer at a very high level so chances are he's got a shed load of cash that his family would be better off having.

Obviously it's not important in the grand scheme of things but you know.

16 hours ago, John bluebird said:

Thank you so much for your support foxes fans. I loved your welcome when we played you at the King power recently. I couldn't believe that even after we had won there were people in the streets clapping are coaches as we went by. Never experienced that before. 

We are all devastated and cold at the moment as you can imagine. Emilia no Sala was touted at being our possible saviour, a prolific goal scorer who was third in the French league above Neymar and Caavani! Such a tragic loss of life. 

We never saw him play, but he will always be a bluebird in our eyes. There is possibly still a slight glimmer of hope. 

Our prayers are with you Sala and the pilot.

Thank you are brothers in Leicester.

(I'm assuming the post above is not a joke)

One thing I’ve learnt as a Leicester fan in the last few years - firstly during our title win - is that there can be so much good will between fans of the smaller clubs. It’s great to have rivalries, but it’s also great to have opposition teams cheering you on. 

Furthermore, in the wake of Vichai’s death, the number of shirts, scarves, flowers and banners left at the King Power from fans of clubs all over the world, and the reception at Cardiff with the fan funded banners - this bond is only strengthened through grief. 

Sorry for for your loss Bluebirds.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The bloke was a professional footballer at a very high level so chances are he's got a shed load of cash that his family would be better off having.

I was thinking more of repatriating the bodies to the families but legally it can depend on plenty of things to be honest. I remember they changed the law a few years ago after the sister of Richey Edwards from the Manic Street Preachers campaigned to have him declared dead 17 years after he disappeared.  

But that’s the UK. Who has jurisdiction here? Were they in French, British or international waters when they went off radar? Is it where the plane was registered or the country it last took off from? Also, Sala’s an Argentine, does that complicate things even more? 

So many complications. 

Absolutely heartbreaking this story. I was flying back to London from Hamburg at the same time Sala was in the air, our plane's wings had to be hosed down with hot water due to the freezing conditions, it seems this might have been a possible cause of the crash. Really sad. 

On 22/01/2019 at 14:01, Izzy said:

I’m amazed that with today’s modern technology you can just ‘lose’ a plane?

Surely they have some sort of tracker device on them?

I don’t really understand how it works tbh

You have heard of Amelia Earheart, Flight 19, and Malaysia F370 to mention a few of the more famous ones? 

2 hours ago, Durnerz said:

Absolutely heartbreaking this story. I was flying back to London from Hamburg at the same time Sala was in the air, our plane's wings had to be hosed down with hot water due to the freezing conditions, it seems this might have been a possible cause of the crash. Really sad. 

Friend of mine is a pilot and he said the type of plane is actually quiet "high end" as private light aircraft go. He suggested icing as a possible cause  given the prevailing weather conditions.it just kills the lift from the wings. That could be why they descended prior to going off radar. Another possible cause might be the pilot got disoriented. Its easy apparently to be in a flat spin in the dark and not know which is up/down /left/right it until its too late. If they hit the water whilst in a spin, do to icing or disorientation then it would corkscrew into the water and quiet literally vanish with no trace. Given present lack of wreckage that could be possible.  It's not very likely they made it to the UK coastline from Gurnsey. The pilot was much nearer other land if he could get down.  Not heard reports of any mayday call being made though? That suggests it broke up mid air with no warning?There's a lot of possibilities.  We may never know what happend. 

Edited by woddyuk

Hope some form of fund-raising campaign can be set up for fans to donate money towards the costs of employing private investigators/other people, companies willing to try and find any trace of the plane themselves.

Don't agree that the search of finding it is called off after just a few days, no matter how challenging it is.

The MH370 flight search lasted for years until recently, for example.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

21 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Once the person has been missing for a certain period (7 years I believe) only then can his estate be inherited. Someone may correct me on this but it's my understanding of how it works.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Once the person has been missing for a certain period (7 years I believe) only then can his estate be inherited. Someone may correct me on this but it's my understanding of how it works.

Not necessarily.

Remember this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Darwin_disappearance_case

John Darwin faked his own death in canoeing accident in 2002. Even though no body was found (because he wasn't dead, and was living in secret near to the family home), a death certificate was issued and insurance was paid out.

I think him and his wife absconded to Panama on the payout.

So not really parallel with this case, but demonstrates that you don't always need a body and seven years to declare someone "dead"

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

If there were ever extreme circumstances that justified it being extended for a team, surely this would be it?

I'm not sure really. Rules are rules. He is just one player in Cardiff's squad (albeit only for a short period). What about if a player busts his leg before having a chance to make his debut? It's the same handicap for the club, but I don't think anyone would be lobbying for an extension then.

Listen, I am desperately sorry for the kid that he has lost his life in this way - it is an absolute tragedy for a young man who seems like he was a really good guy. 

But I don't think it warrants "bending" the rules, and in fairness to Cardiff, I don't think they have asked for any help anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

I'm not sure really. Rules are rules. He is just one player in Cardiff's squad (albeit only for a short period). What about if a player busts his leg before having a chance to make his debut? It's the same handicap for the club, but I don't think anyone would be lobbying for an extension then.

Listen, I am desperately sorry for the kid that he has lost his life in this way - it is an absolute tragedy for a young man who seems like he was a really good guy. 

But I don't think it warrants "bending" the rules, and in fairness to Cardiff, I don't think they have asked for any help anyway.

I completely agree but there is a difference between an injury and death lol

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

What @Walkers said...

Career ending injuries are a regular occupational hazard. Disappearing into thin air in the busiest shipping lane in the world are somewhat extreme and unusual circumstances. I doubt it would set a precedent.

• Like 1

Just now, Walkers said:

I completely agree but there is a difference between an injury and death lol

of course there is, but actually in terms of squad size and availability of players, there isn't. In terms of the PL rules, the fact that Cardiff have experienced the loss of a player through death doesn't mean they can't fulfil their games and field a team and although the tragedy puts them at a disadvantage - it is no greater competition disadvantage then the "injured for the rest of the season" player

I'm treading carefully here because a young man has lost his life, but in terms of his team, aside from the emotional impact of it, I think their football business should carry on as normal, rather like it did for us. 

• Like 1

I know football's a business, but if we are considering loaning Shinji to Palace or Huddersfield for the rest of the season, I wouldn't object if we "gifted" him to Cardiff instead for a nominal loan fee, given their circumstances and the goodwill that they showed to us at the start of November.

4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

That's in this country his property in France money in a French bank most likely. Probably assets in Argentina as well. None of which will come under British law. 

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

That's in this country his property in France money in a French bank most likely. Probably assets in Argentina as well. None of which will come under British law. 

Yeah I only considered that after I said it, he was last in France so it almost certainly all fall under french law and I have no clue what that may be.