Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Emiliano Sala Missing.

This medical repatriation plane has been out four times today around the area.. I know all the news is "Nothing found" but you do wonder whether they're just managing the situation publicly given how far away his family is. 

image.thumb.png.eeb73c64c9059f7944d9bf2840525305.png

Awful news :( My thoughts go out to all the friends and family of those involved and to Cardiff City and Nantes. 

Without wanting to sound like an insensitive ****, I'm also a little concerned how this may affect some of our own players who must still be struggling to come to terms with the loss of Vichai. 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

Only just found out about this, horrific news - heart goes out to everyone closely involved and just hoping for some highly unlikely good news. Really crap :(

However, even from my basic flying knowledge, one does wonder why a single engine prop is flying across the Channel at that time on a cold winter night. Recipe for disaster.

Search called off for tonight. Coastguards say there is fading chances of finding survivors. In other words, there aren't any :(

Commiserations to Nantes fans and the club and those Cardiff fans whoe were looking forward to seeing him in their team. Another football tragedy.

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

Yeah, I get that but don't they also have some sort of tracker device on board that can locate them whether they're in the air or not? 

I guess not.

Planes have transponders that send out a signal with the aircraft's location (though I'm not 100% sure if a little single engine plane like this one would), though they rely on the aircraft's power. 

It wouldn't transmit from under the water anyway, sadly.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Planes have transponders that send out a signal with the aircraft's location (though I'm not 100% sure if a little single engine plane like this one would), though they rely on the aircraft's power. 

It wouldn't transmit from under the water anyway, sadly.

Thanks, I see what you mean.

I just figured they may have some sort of transmitter attached to the black box or something which the authorities could trace the plane's whereabouts. But if that wouldn't work under water then I guess your buggered. 

Still having trouble with what the rush was to get him back yesterday evening and in such a small plane?

Probably not questions to be asking right now but the more strange im finding that decision.

Thoughts most definitely with all family concerned, cannot imagine what they are feeling right now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6620851/amp/Emiliano-Sala-feared-safety-boarding-plane-missing-presumed-dead.html?__twitter_impression=true

This is horrifying, thinking of the fear they would have felt. 

Surely someone's got to take the responsibility for this. Especially if there were already concerns beforehand.

• Like 1

The whereabouts of them and the aircraft may well be located and confirmed today, with apparently many search boats and helicopters set to resume the search at first skylight (weather and other factors permitting)

Miracles have happened before, and hence can't rule out any hope out of this despite it being a day since the accident occurred.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, brucey said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6620851/amp/Emiliano-Sala-feared-safety-boarding-plane-missing-presumed-dead.html?__twitter_impression=true

This is horrifying, thinking of the fear they would have felt. 

Surely someone's got to take the responsibility for this. Especially if there were already concerns beforehand.

Messed up to know he was saying this while on the plane. Such a tragic loss if they dont  miraculously find him.