Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Emiliano Sala Missing.

11 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

In a way I think that's good news. At least one of the families will be able to get closure now. 

Certainly agree.

What still irks me that one of the investigating companies, initially, stopped searching for them and the plane just a day or so after the disappearance.

That company (if it's a different one to the ones currently in the wreckage area) could well be sued by the Sala family.

Don't like him very much for obvious reasons, but Neil Warnock deserves big credit for the way he has handled the situation in front of the press.

The team/him may be even worse affected by the latest breaking news on this, and unlikely to be well-prepared mentally for their next game at Southampton on Saturday.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

22 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Certainly agree.

What still irks me that one of the investigating companies, initially, stopped searching for them and the plane just a day or so after the disappearance.

That company (if it's a different one to the ones currently in the wreckage area) could well be sued by the Sala family.

Don't like him very much for obvious reasons, but Neil Warnock deserves big credit for the way he has handled the situation in front of the press.

The team/him may be even worse affected by the latest breaking news on this, and unlikely to be well-prepared mentally for their next game at Southampton on Saturday.

I think that's a tad harsh, as far as i'm aware the people investigating initially were the search and rescue authorities, they don't have access to the Sonar & Submarine equipment that the $300,000 donated has helped pay for.. Once it was clear there was going to be no survivors I think they made the right call in calling off the search, the plane had sunk to the seabed unfortunately and could've been anywhere in the Channel. 

It's now being reported that one of the bodies is with the plane, some closure for the family at least. Hope they can recover the second one asap. 

Edited by EnderbyFox

35 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Certainly agree.

The initial search was for survivors. Coast Guard, Lifeboats and aircraft spotting to try and search for anyone who may have survived the crash. Survival in the water in those conditions is probably at best a few minutes. After a day or two it is obvious that there are no survivors so the search is stood down. 

It is interesting that the aircraft is more or less intact. That rules out an in flight break up or high speed / high angle impact with the water, and presumably indicates a more "controlled" impact? But who knows. Hopefully the bodies can be recovered, along with the wreck and the AAIB can work out exactly what happenned

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

The initial search was for survivors. Coast Guard, Lifeboats and aircraft spotting to try and search for anyone who may have survived the crash. Survival in the water in those conditions is probably at best a few minutes. After a day or two it is obvious that there are no survivors so the search is stood down. 

It is interesting that the aircraft is more or less intact. That rules out an in flight break up or high speed / high angle impact with the water, and presumably indicates a more "controlled" impact? But who knows. Hopefully the bodies can be recovered, along with the wreck and the AAIB can work out exactly what happenned

They never stood a chance sadly. A night time crash in winter straight into the water - they wouldn’t have survived beyond a few minutes even if they weren’t injured on impact. Heartbreaking.

From The Telegraph.

'Taylor was unable to comment on where in the plane the body was located. When asked if it was possible to recover the body without raising the wreck, Taylor said: “ROVs are sometimes able to grab on to items but whether that would happen I don’t know. Divers can also get down to that depth but it’s a much bigger operation.

“In 25 metres to 30 metres of water it would be a lot easier but in 70 metres it would be a much bigger operation.”

Sala’s family are not believed to be in the Channel Islands. They are understood to want the aircraft raised to help establish exactly how it came to crash.'

23 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They are understood to want the aircraft raised to help establish exactly how it came to crash.'

The AAIB NTSB and other official bodies around the world will want to know. It tends to stop aircraft falling out of the air on mass. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-47129137

Attempts are being made to recover the body from the plane wreck that was carrying Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson.

The body was seen in the Piper Malibu N264DB on Monday, two weeks after the plane vanished near Guernsey.

Relatives of Sala and Mr Ibbotson were consulted before recovery work began.

The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) will first try and move the body to the surface, before attempting to bring the plane up.

Investigators have been studying the wreckage, which is at a depth of 63m (205ft) about 24 nautical miles north west of Guernsey, using a remotely-controlled underwater vehicle.

If the operation is successful, the wreckage will be moved by boat to a UK port then to the AAIB's base at Farnborough in Hampshire.

Investigators would then study the remains of the plane in further detail to try and establish why it crashed. An interim report is due to be published in just over two weeks.

The plane was carrying Cardiff City's new striker Sala, 28, and Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, Lincolnshire, to Cardiff on 21 January after the footballer returned to FC Nantes to say goodbye to his former teammates.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Was interesting in the pictures that the door to the plane was actually open, considering the plane is fairly intact according to them and they've only seen one body, it would might perhaps suggest one person at least got out after the crash.

The tail is crumpled and practically torn off in the photo, it's reasonable to suggest the same forces could have ripped the door off.

The thought of him leaving escaping the plane after ditching only to perish in the waters is unthinkable.

Just glad the sea levels aren't really that deep (just under 300ft) compared to where the missing flight MH370 had apparently crashed into.

With Cardiff due to play in Southampton on Saturday, which isn't too far away at all from the crash site, their team/staff travelling down there could be further reminded of it.

Nantes have demanded payment from Cardiff City over the 15 million transfer of Emiliano Sala. even if they are owed it there is a time and place for asking about the money and it certainly isn't when the bodies haven't even been recovered yet. Nantes are threatening legal action if they haven't  received a payment in ten days. making these demands while there still trying to recover the bodies is just sickening.

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Nantes have demanded payment from Cardiff City over the 15 million transfer of Emiliano Sala. even if they are owed it there is a time and place for asking about the money and it certainly isn't when the bodies haven't even been recovered yet. Nantes are threatening legal action if they haven't  received a payment in ten days. making these demands while there still trying to recover the bodies is just sickening.

Was about to post the same.

As if they want the whole fee, despite what the player's family and Cardiff City are going through.

For the latter, this tradegy makes them feeling like the victims in terms of having to pay millions for someone that sadly is seen as deceased in extraordinary circumstances.

Imagine if LCFC demanded the whole transfer money despite what happened with Sala, this place would be into meltdown probably and be disappointed in the day the club has reacted.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

With Sala at the back of the plane and with superior fitness and health you'd imagine if anyone managed to escape it would have been him.

If he had escaped, you'd imagine his body would have washed up somewhere  by now (like the cushions) but I suppose if it's not on a beach then it might not be found for a while or perhaps never at all...

Horrible stuff. 

Edited by Collymore

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't get the complaints about Nantes:  It's a unique, unenviable situation but a fee was agreed, documents were signed and Nantes relinquished their player, so of course they're entitled to their money as per the agreement. Cardiff have withheld a scheduled payment so the French club have every right to demand it be made. Cardiff using the tragedy as an excuse to pore over the details and delay fulfilling their side of the bargain is the shitty move here...surely they were happy that the paperwork was above board before they made travel arrangements to rush the player over?

Surely as soon as a fee was agreed and paperwork signed, the relevant insurance would be taken out on the player. Or am I missing something here.

Just now, joachim1965 said:

Surely as soon as a fee was agreed and paperwork signed, the relevant insurance would be taken out on the player. Or am I missing something here.

You would think so, I'm guessing the issue here is either they thought they'd leave it a day or two or the insurers are being prickly over the impromptu travel arrangements.  Purely speculation on my part.

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

The payment between Cardiff & Nantes is also contractual, the player was signed and the deal went through. If there's a document saying Cardiff have to pay x amount to Nantes by xx-Feb-2019 they still have to.

Like you said though the insurance should eventually take care of it. Nantes need the money so they're more likely to demand it for tax reasons/accounting ect.

49 minutes ago, Collymore said:

With Sala at the back of the plane and with superior fitness and health you'd imagine if anyone managed to escape it would have been him.

If he had escaped, you'd imagine his body would have washed up somewhere  by now (like the cushions) but I suppose if it's not on a beach then it might not be found for a while or perhaps never at all...

Horrible stuff. 

I know sometimes police helicopters use thermal imaging techniques to spot any suspects they're trying to track in dark environments.

Perhaps this could work in locating the other body around the search area? :dunno:

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't get the complaints about Nantes:  It's a unique, unenviable situation but a fee was agreed, documents were signed and Nantes relinquished their player, so of course they're entitled to their money as per the agreement. Cardiff have withheld a scheduled payment so the French club have every right to demand it be made. Cardiff using the tragedy as an excuse to pore over the details and delay fulfilling their side of the bargain is the shitty move here...surely they were happy that the paperwork was above board before they made travel arrangements to rush the player over?

From a legal standpoint they have every right to demand the money they’re owed. 

But to demand money just 10 days after the disappearance of a player who had been at your club for 4 years makes Nantes look extremely cold. There’s a time and a place and perhaps it would have been better if they’d waited a while.

41 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Corpses tend not to have very high heat signatures.

I felt bad for laughing at that.