Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Emiliano Sala Missing.

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Is this like a silva situ. Transfer went through but not registered with PL?

If  not this looks ugly for cardiff no doubt. I mean they look petty (given the tragic ending) but that shouldnt be an issue if they have a legitimate reason. Problem is public opinion will make them feel bad etc.

For me, he was a Cardiff player. 

It had had been confirmed. 

Therefore Cardiff need to pay.

It’s hard on both sides, however, legally they’re pissing into the wind. Like we were with the Silva saga.

It was inevitable really that this circus was going to happen. Sad but when millions are at stake it’s business before emotion. I will say that had this happened to us, our owners would have dealt with this differently. First they would have made a big thing about ensuring his family was financially secure and paid all related funeral costs before releasing a savvy informative but heavy hearted statement regarding the financial battle between clubs due to contractual and insurance complications over the transfer.

Just sayin. You can’t buy class but our owners have it in spades.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I wonder what their fans make of all this.

I had a quick glance on one of their forums. A few are pointing out the bad morals of the stance, but most seem to be swinging behind the club in a mass scramble to escape through the tiniest of loopholes.

12 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Awful from Cardiff. Also surely insurance covers at least an element of this? 

Report today says the pilot wasn't allowed to fly at night, potentially voiding any insurance. 

You can see why Cardiff are doing what they are doing, £15mill is a lot of cash. I'm hoping they just come to an agreement and pay half or something. Crappy situation for all involved. 

How on earth do you end up in a situation where a footballer who has just been bought is travelling in a plane that you aren’t meant to fly over water at night by a pilot who isn’t allowed to fly at night?

Sickening stuff from Cardiff and the agents.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

How on earth do you end up in a situation where a footballer who has just been bought is travelling in a plane that you aren’t meant to fly over water at night by a pilot who isn’t allowed to fly at night?

Sickening stuff from Cardiff and the agents.

Exactly, the circumstances stink. Add into the equation it was a 35 year old jet and appalling weather conditions.

Unfortunately the missing pilot seems to be the convenient scapegoat wheras the people who arranged and put him on that flight bare ultimate responsibility.

Poor lad got his dream move and put his faith in the agents to arrange everything for him.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Exactly, the circumstances stink. Add into the equation it was a 35 year old jet and appalling weather conditions.

Unfortunately the missing pilot seems to be the convenient scapegoat wheras the people who arranged and put him on that flight bare ultimate responsibility.

Poor lad got his dream move and put his faith in the agents to arrange everything for him.

I don't think it was a jet, was it? I think it was a single engine prop.

The latest update on this/the pilot does appear as if the flight had been 'rushed'.

If Cardiff didn't do their due diligence checks on him and the plane involved, they have no flight at all to try blame other businesses with the tradegy.

45 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The latest update on this/the pilot does appear as if the flight had been 'rushed'.

If Cardiff didn't do their due diligence checks on him and the plane involved, they have no flight at all to try blame other businesses with the tradegy.

Cardiff didn’t organise the flight, the agents brokering the deal contacted their usual pilot and he pointed them to Ibbott. It stinks of them trying to save money.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/04/2019 at 16:32, urban.spaceman said:

Some vile bastard has leaked photos of his body. 

On 28/04/2019 at 17:33, BlueSi13 said:

Was leaked pretty much a few days after he was found.  Not sure why the mainstream media have only just realised this :blink:

Two people have been arrested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48099141

The public is being urged by investigators to stop circulating the apparent image of him on social media.