Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cadno'r Cymoedd

At least nine richer English clubs than us...

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Eh? There isn't a single pro-Puel post in the entire thread mate. 

Well I’ll chirp up here - the amount of stick he got for saying West Ham, Wolves, Everton have bigger budgets than us was over the top. He’s been proven right here and give it a year, Wolves will be firmly on that list as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

With the stadium expansion and the improvement in training facilities, it will eventually boost our revenue streams.

Man Utd took Giggs,Scholes, Beckham, Butt, and the Neville brothers out of their academy within a few years  Throw in and endless supply of players making good careers away from Utd Like DD and their investment must have repaid itself time and time again. Not saying we will come close to matching them but a well run academy and scouting system should reap rewards for us down the line, we can all add up around £100 million wasted on players and wages that have delivered v little to the club

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46970252

Below Everton, Newcastle United and West Ham. 

Based on revenues, no account of debt. 

Yeah...but that's OK. Some of our revenue has gone back to the fans.  I bet Everton, Newcastle United and West Ham fans don't get free breakfasts, T-shirts, scarfs, beer and doughnuts at any time during their season.

If there was a table for the best owners in the world, we would be top!

A lot of our lack of revenue comes down to low sponsorship rates I believe. I read an article a few weeks ago where it claimed king power were only paying the 19th highest fee in the premier league for shirt sponsorship. I also believe the stadium rights were the lowest of any to of been sold in the premier league. 

Despite this though I'm not criticising king power as they get cheap sponsorship but their owners pump tens of millions into the club of their own funds that more than make up the gap with the likes of Newcastle and Everton. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

They are not pumping in anything now. The club has taken out a loan to pay for the training ground. Also KP can't throw money in for player purchases as FFP forbids it. 

People need to realise the club is on its own now. It has to self finance. KP are not our sugar daddy and no longer our cash cow. 

I believe they can put a certain amount in every season plus can invest in infrastructure without it counting towards FFP

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I believe they can put a certain amount in every season plus can invest in infrastructure without it counting towards FFP

Correct they can. So can you now explain the huge loan we have just taken out. The sky money for the next two seasons and Mahrez money is paying it off. Been explained it was taken out to pay for the training ground. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

I suppose people thought the extra money the title year and and CL money would last forever lol lol lol

You only have to look how far down the list for shirt sponsor money to see our place was never going to last. 

Maybe people will realise now we ain't that fvcking rich. It also brings our league position into perspective. 

We are still 22nd I’d say that still makes us quite rich

4 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We are still 22nd I’d say that still makes us quite rich

9th in the prem. But unlike most we have a £100+m training ground to pay for. Which we have traded our prem money in for the next two years. So by the time wages are paid we have feck all. 

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

This, but unironically.

Saying it unironically would make you a bit of a muppet mind... Earning less doesn't mean you've no right to be ahead of them, we of all fans should know the apple cart can be upset, it just makes it a hell of a lot harder to do so.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Saying it unironically would make you a bit of a muppet mind... Earning less doesn't mean you've no right to be ahead of them, we of all fans should know the apple cart can be upset, it just makes it a hell of a lot harder to do so.

Nothing to do with how much we're earning.

We just simply should be ahead of Wolves and Watford owing to the fact our squad is simply better than either of theirs. 

As you say, the apple cart is there to be upset but that doesn't mean we should just accept being behind teams we ought to be ahead of.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, sylofox said:

9th in the prem. But unlike most we have a £100+m training ground to pay for. Which we have traded our prem money in for the next two years. So by the time wages are paid we have feck all. 

Let me know if I’m being stupid but would the train ground not already of come out of the result? 

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We just simply should be ahead of Wolves and Watford owing to the fact our squad is simply better than either of theirs. 

As you say, the apple cart is there to be upset but that doesn't mean we should just accept being behind teams we ought to be ahead of.

Wolves have a better midfield than we do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

Three clear things that would boost our revenue.

1) Get a new shirt sponsor 

2) Expand the stadium as soon as possible 

3) Qualify for European football finish as high as possible in the league

Just to add a little perspective, you do realise that if we increased our capacity by 20k and we sold EVERY ticket for EVERY game @£30 avg per ticket, it would only add an additional £13-15m per annum which is effectively the annual wage bill for another 2 high earning stars in todays PL.

Increasing the stadium capacity is NOT necessarily the answer it once used to be in terms of increased profitability.  In todays PL era, annual expenditure on players salaries account for >70% of the Total revenue from ALL income streams for most PL clubs so the additional £15m we MIGHT see from increased stadium capacity(assuming we sell EVERY ticket) would soon be swallowed up.....before we even start to consider the capital interest cost of any funding loans

.....And if we want to qualify for European football to boost our income as we did 3 years ago, we might need to invest very heavily in transfer fees and player salaries to recruit higher calibre players to boost our chances of breaking into the Top6. 

Which investment would you suggest should be prioritised......player recruitment or the increased stadium capacity?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Is it? I'd say Neves and Moutinho would walk straight into our side to start with. I'd say it's much of a muchness between us, Everton, West Ham and Wolves. Don't confuse your opinion with fact

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Not really where we should be, we’re basically a top European force that is underachieving because of poor management, we’re a sleeping giant and we’ll be challenging for the title soon enough once Puel is dismissed. 

I'll have a pint of whatever you're on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Is it? I'd say Neves and Moutinho would walk straight into our side to start with. I'd say it's much of a muchness between us, Everton, West Ham and Wolves. Don't confuse your opinion with fact

and Vardy, Maddison, Maguire, Chilwell, Ricardo and Kasper would walk into their side. What's your point? It'll always be opinion and my opinion is that we shouldn't be behind the likes of Wolves and Watford now and especially not after we've played 38 games.