Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban fox

The ones that got away

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

"Yes I spoke with Claudio Ranieri. I told him that I am not going to Leicester. I made the decision a long time ago, so going to Leicester was out of the question."

Not sure he was that close. :D

As long as he googled 'Leicester' to see where it is, I'll take it. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

Rod Fanni. Dont know why he didnt sign. Always wanted to see Fanni play for us.

Second thoughts, think we have had a few over the years

I spent ages making a gif for that thread but I could never get it to upload. Thinking about it now I wasted my teenage years by being on here

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Hardly got away. Had him on loan, treated him like shit and played him out wide. Sound. 

He played like shit had an attitude like shit. Guess what, we treated him shit!!!!

around the jimmy floyd hasselbank time we were also in for Robbie Fowler too. He chose Cardiff city as did jimmy?

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

I seem to remember we signed some Slovenian bloke on a pre-contract for the 2005-2006 season and he left before he'd even arrived to start that contract. That happened right?

It fell through for some reason, think his surname was Sturm?

Another Loanee that we never got to keep. remember Kevin Campbell from Arsenal (1990 I think)

To be fair I think there was never an option on the table to buy despite efforts made.  I remember the standing ovation he got at the end of his last game for us before returning at to Arsenal at the end of his spell here

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I sort of remember that one. Wasn’t it between Gudjohnsen & Akinbiyi and we chose the latter. 

Also weren’t we linked with Chris Sutton before he chose Celtic from Chelsea?

Gudjohnsen chose Chelsea but think we would have got him if we still had O'Neill. Yeah, we wanted Sutton but then MON went Celtic and so did he.

Kerrea Gilbert was quite impressive in league one. I think his career would have gone very differently if he signed with us permanently. Weren’t we playing Morrison at RB the following year, even though he was a CB? Maybe we just couldn’t afford Gilbert

On 06/02/2019 at 17:44, Wymeswold fox said:

^

Claiming something will happen, even before he puts his first step onto the pitch.

Can't beat that..

What Tielemans does on the pitch has little bearing on the matter other than being a shop window.  If you think I am making a judgement about the player before he has kicked a ball for us you are quite wrong and you have missed my point entirely.

There is no option to buy because I think he has his sights set higher than us and I think that Monaco will want a massive fee.  He is one of the most highly regarded young midfielders in Europe.  It is quite a coup to get him here at all, which is really only because he had a fall out with Jardim.  I think he is a bit out of our league.

Do you think he will sign if he does well then?  If so, I admire your optimism but I think you're a bit naive.

• Like 1