Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban fox

The ones that got away

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Ousmane Dembele was very close, he admitted to having a call with Claudio who really wanted him,  he chose to go to Dortmund instead. Went to Barca the following year for £120m.

"Yes I spoke with Claudio Ranieri. I told him that I am not going to Leicester. I made the decision a long time ago, so going to Leicester was out of the question."

Not sure he was that close. :D

53 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Although I can’t find using the search didn’t we have about 100 or so pages on trying to sign Craig MacKail-Smith around the same time as Maynard was it? 

Think he went Bournemouth then slipped away to nothing.

Fee of 3 million had been agreed.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Although I can’t find using the search didn’t we have about 100 or so pages on trying to sign Craig MacKail-Smith around the same time as Maynard was it? 

Think he went Bournemouth then slipped away to nothing.

Think he went from Peterborough to Brighton after we didn't make him feel as wanted when he came to see the club, or something along those lines I think?

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Jordan Veretout turned us down for Aston Villa in summer 2015. He must absolutely hate life.

I'm sure that deep down, there's still a bit of regret.

But he's doing rather fine for himself right now, being a regular in midfield.

Fiorentina have lost only five times this season so far, and are near a Europa League (qualification) spot.

11 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Remember that day well.

We played Accrington at theirs in the Cup. 

-

Was in the Crown Pub (next door to the ground) and looked at the TV and Sky Sports ring Martin Allen up to say :"We hearing that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is on the verge of joining Leicester, what's the latest on this Martin?".

There was some silence and Allen responded saying: "I think you're wrong there, wasn't informed about it anyway that this is going to happen".

Sky Sports then said: "There's speculation at the club that the chairman Milan Mandaric has offered a contract to Jimmy, but you don't know about this Martin?".

Allen replied back: "Sorry, but there must be some confusion here. I told him I didn't want him as have been talking to other targets. I'll contact Milan about this as he should inform me first being the manager to get any approval on this. Bye".

The pub, after the conversation, burst out laughing..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I'm sure that deep down, there's still a bit of regret.

But he's doing rather fine for himself right now, being a regular in midfield.

Fiorentina have lost only five times this season so far, and are near a Europa League (qualification) spot.

In fairness, if we'd signed him, would we have signed Kante too? If not then I think the title talk is void. Not a prayer we win it without Kante.

Although it would've still been significantly better than joining that wreck of a Villa side.