Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

17 minutes ago, MattP said:

I agree.

It will be as successful as the closet media campaign to make Rory Stewart win it, people are a bit more wise to this sort of stuff now. 

Bloody hell lol

Hope that tinfoil hat's not on too tight

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

I agree.

It will be as successful as the closet media campaign to make Rory Stewart win it, people are a bit more wise to this sort of stuff now. 

How can there have been a closet media campaign to make Rory Stewart win it which people are "more wise to" when it's voted on by MP's and members? And why would the media want Rory Stewart to win? 

Edited by bovril

17 minutes ago, bovril said:

How can there have been a closet media campaign to make Rory Stewart win it which people are "more wise to" when it's voted on by MP's and members? And why would the media want Rory Stewart to win? 

Its called paranoia. Part of it is starting to get you excuses in a muddle, and calling everything that puts your team in a bad light as fake news. Trump has it, seems Matt's got a bout of it too now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MattP said:

The next few weeks are going to be interesting, everything will be tried to stop Boris becoming PM.

Do you not think it should be reported that the police were called to a domestic involving someone who will probably be PM? Is it not relevant?

3 hours ago, MattP said:

The next few weeks are going to be interesting, everything will be tried to stop Boris becoming PM.

I suspect some will be desperate for him not to be PM - not just because they think he'll be a terrible leader for the country but because they think he'll actually deliver Brexit, possibly even via No Deal.

And more importantly, the left will be worried because of Bojo's wider public appeal which could scupper King Jezza's march into No10.

3 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

I really don’t think it will make any difference. Whatever he does, the Tory faithful will vote him in regardless. 

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is pretty special, we need this in our country!

Both Trump and Johnson appear to have achieved some sort of cult status that now makes them impervious to the consequences of their behaviour amongst a significant portion of their electorates. Very worrying and highly dangerous. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I suspect some will be desperate for him not to be PM - not just because they think he'll be a terrible leader for the country but because they think he'll actually deliver Brexit, possibly even via No Deal.

And more importantly, the left will be worried because of Bojo's wider public appeal which could scupper King Jezza's march into No10.

To be fair I think being a terrible leader for the country on its own is a good enough reason for a person to not want someone to be PM. Probably cos of King Jezza though as you say.

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

In the cold light of day, after watching again, Field's action was not that bad at all. I actually would take back any apologetic noises i made about it

Feel even more staggered all you Owen Jonesers are so up in arms about it.

Agree. Using terms like brutality and violence simply devalues the very words. He did overreact in my opinion and did look angry, but nothing likely to inflict harm.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

What's annoyed me personally is people trying to excuse it as instinctive reaction to protect himself. Its not, he's angry, and that's his answer to being angry. You can see it in his face, the anger has been building up and as she walks past he snaps. He apologised for his actions, but trying to excuse it as instinctively protecting himself is bullshit. Just admit it was an over reaction and I think it'd be taken better.

I see what you're saying, but that doesnt annoy me a tiny fraction as much as Owen Jones' take on it in the guardian where he uses it as an example of sexist elite classist shutting down of the righteous masses bollocks

Hopefully people will get more and more sick of this mental stuff the left is peddling atm and it will die, but it looks more likely to double and triple down and get worse. Its a real shame because they're just not doing their job and I want the left to be decent

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 2

I said before I don't think Boris can do anything wrong in the eyes of the tory members, I'll guess we'll see now. 

That said Boris is up against a remainer who's trying to persuade a tory membership who voted for the Brexit party at the EU elections....good luck with that.

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I see what you're saying, but that doesnt annoy me a tiny fraction as much as Owen Jones' take on it in the guardian where he uses it as an example of sexist elite classist shutting down of the righteous masses bollocks

Hopefully people will get more and more sick of this mental stuff the left is peddling atm and it will die, but it looks more likely to double and triple down and get worse. Its a real shame because they're just not doing their job and I want the left to be decent

I'd have thought you'd be used to the likes of Jones spouting bollocks by now. He's just thr other end of the spectrum to Katie Hopkins. I used to get wound up by her, now I just role my eyes at her. The left will always use something like this to score points, and the right would do the same.

Field and his team had time to think of how to appolgies for that, and rather than just admit that he did wrong, he tried to use this excuse about instinctive reaction, which Tory voters have lapped up and he almost become the victim here. I'd have a lot more respect for him, and his supporters had he just admitted he made a mistake and theres no defending it. The woman might not meant to have been there, but he's not a victim, she is. She was the only one physically attacked, the only one man handled and grabbed round the neck.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
36 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

I feel like the Tories knew what Boris was like hence he was prevented from becoming leader last time around. Having seen the success of Trump they've now realised being a scumbag is perfectly acceptable in the eyes of the public.

Not just Trump, I imagine they've learnt a lot from Labour as well over the last couple of years.

Cult like figures do deliver votes whatever they do or say.

37 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'd have thought you'd be used to the likes of Jones spouting bollocks by now. He's just thr other end of the spectrum to Katie Hopkins. I used to get wound up by her, now I just role my eyes at her. The left will always use something like this to score points, and the right would do the same.

Field and his team had time to think of how to appolgies for that, and rather than just admit that he did wrong, he tried to use this excuse about instinctive reaction, which Tory voters have lapped up and he almost become the victim here. I'd have a lot more respect for him, and his supporters had he just admitted he made a mistake and theres no defending it. The woman might not meant to have been there, but he's not a victim, she is. She was the only one physically attacked, the only one man handled and grabbed round the neck.

But i actually dont think what he did was wrong.  I dont think we need to be meek animals in the face of these people.  

I realise that it wasnt the most graceful thing in the world, but i absolutely disagree that she is a victim. I think we should save that term for proper use

As many have said, she was literally smirking as he dragged her away. Thats what i meant when i jokingly said she loved it. I was kidding but in a way it was ideal for her and she did love he outcome. Loved the scene. I do not see that she is more of a victim than he. She got frog marched, he got suspended. Believe me the whole affair will have been worse for him and she will look back loving every second of the whole thing

She's no victim. Its not real rebellion and its not real oppression. As ive said before, compared to actual situations like Hong Kong this one is a total farce. 

• Like 2

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

To be fair Owen Jones is just playing to his audience, the Guardian wants to see the bad in white/straight/Tories and see victimhood in pretty much anyone else.

It's what his readership wants. No different to someone like Littlejohn in the Mail.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

To be fair Owen Jones is just playing to his audience, the Guardian wants to see the bad in white/straight/Tories and see victimhood in pretty much anyone else.

It's what his readership wants. No different to someone like Littlejohn in the Mail.

I dont know if its me thats changed or the guardian, but i swear they didnt used to be so completely shit all the time

There's something in the idea that extremis envelope is being pushed in all directions, and there's a lot more polarisation now than there once was.

Though that might be simply because access to information and viewpoints is easier now and so people get to know that polarisation exists more often in short, easy 240-character bursts.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Just saw that Rachel Riley's fella had his phone nicked and there are personal photos of her that could be shared... 

:fc:

Some good news for once lol