Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Bailey apparently had a pretty poor season by his standards. Cheeky bid to get him to join the Rodgers revolution! :wub:

He was utter guff in the Gold cup. 

3 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

2 things stand out now. If maguire is going to move on then let's not leave it late in window and limited time/options. Winger - need to address this with real quality, ideally with time for a reasonable preseason. 

I would disagree not the Maguire issue. If we did replace him last year in Soyuncu and Big Ben, and dont need to buy a CB this year then the closer to the window closing that he leaves, the more money we can demand. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I would disagree not the Maguire issue. If we did replace him last year in Soyuncu and Big Ben, and dont need to buy a CB this year then the closer to the window closing that he leaves, the more money we can demand. 

That's why I think it would be a good time to bid. We only got Youri for £40million because he was noted as being one of the biggest flops in French Football last season. Bailey is another audacious talent, but not quite attracting the big boys attention, or quite enough to make them swoop yet! I think it's the perfect window to get him to be honest, whether he is or ever has been a target, is another question. Would be a ridiculous signing in the Youri mould though and not sure Lesta fans could cope! :jawdrop:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Cut him some slack it's like Giggs Wales thing. He was the only midfielder in the squad playing outside of North America (even of those only one played in MLS) 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Cut him some slack it's like Giggs Wales thing. He was the only midfielder in the squad playing outside of North America (even of those only one played in MLS) 

I'm not knocking the lad. Just stating a fact. 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Wouldn't mind us going for someone like Sebastian Haller from Frankfurt

How would you suggest keeping him, Vardy and Perez all happy with enough game time?  He'd also cost a fair amount, surely any significant outlay now has to go on a top class wide player?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

How would you suggest keeping him, Vardy and Perez all happy with enough game time?  He'd also cost a fair amount, surely any significant outlay now has to go on a top class wide player?

I don't see Perez being used primarily as a striker. It would also depend on us selling Slimani

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I don't see Perez being used primarily as a striker. It would also depend on us selling Slimani

He said in his unveiling pretty much that he was a striker.  Furthermore you've also got Nacho still on the books.  Waxing huge sums on another striker would be daft given the need for much better than you already have out wide.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

He said in his unveiling pretty much that he was a striker.  Furthermore you've also got Nacho still on the books.  Waxing huge sums on another striker would be daft given the need for much better than you already have out wide.

We need to look at somebody to take the reigns from Vardy sooner or later. Nobody currently on the books looks capable of doing that 

15 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We need to look at somebody to take the reigns from Vardy sooner or later. Nobody currently on the books looks capable of doing that 

Agreed but your not going to sign someone like Haller to do that this summer, you just couldn't guarantee him the games and it would be a foolish way to spend money this summer.  Rodgers has stated frequently he still considers Vardy to be his number 1 and a top class EPL striker.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Agreed but your not going to sign someone like Haller to do that this summer, you just couldn't guarantee him the games and it would be a foolish way to spend money this summer.  Rodgers has stated frequently he still considers Vardy to be his number 1 and a top class EPL striker.

He is. In all honesty I thought Haller was a bit older than he actually is 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Giggsy was surrounded by Vinny Jones, Mark Pembridge, Barry Horne and Nathan Blake. No wonder he couldn't achieve anything with Wales at the time. (Like Bailey with Jamaica)

Ermmm....WES??

Edited by Dahnsouff

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Giggsy was surrounded by Vinny Jones, Mark Pembridge, Barry Horne and Nathan Blake.

Exactly. A bunch of legends. 

And you conveniently overlook that Giggs also played with a few guys like Koumas, Earnshaw, Simon Davies and Big John Harston who were only tragically robbed of rightful Balon Dors because FIFA and UEFA hate Wales. 

Edited by Finnegan

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ermmm....WES??

The original comment was that Bailey struggled during the Gold Cup - it's difficult to shine when the quality of player around you isn't the same level. Wes on his two year spell with Jamaica was one of multiple British based Jamaicans who turned out. 

Bailey's a fine prospect and shouldn't be discounted on the basis of a four game spell for Jamaica. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The original comment was that Bailey struggled during the Gold Cup - it's difficult to shine when the quality of player around you isn't the same level. Wes on his two year spell with Jamaica was one of multiple British based Jamaicans who turned out. 

Bailey's a fine prospect and shouldn't be discounted on the basis of a four game spell for Jamaica. 

Thanks. Note to Self - don`t jump on threads at the last post :thumbup:

And I agree with your post about Bailey should not be discounted (Like Pavon. cough)

No no no no no :thumbdown:

Seems like Seb Haller may be joining West Ham :mad:

So Eintracht will be playing with NO strikers next year?

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Huge statement from them if they land Pepe, although I'm not sure that one of the big boys would allow that to happen.

The BBC gossip column also has them in for Malcolm (£31.5m bid) and Juventus' Moise Kean (€30m bid rejected). Both of those players are in positions we want to strengthen, and if Everton have a chance of signing them then I'd like to think we do too.

Of course a lot might now depend on money we bring in (e.g. selling Maguire). If we did, going in for one of the above would be another statement of intent from us.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1