Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Fulham (H).. Next up

Fulham have seemed bright and lively going forwards playing some "nice" stuff but look wide open, naively so and goals must be there for the taking. Still expect them to frustrate us by keeping the ball for decent spells but once we win it we need to rip into them, no oberplaying or too many needless touches just go at them. 

Rodgers appeared to be saying one of the reasons for 3 CB's was Watford playing 2 CF's, I'm not sure about Fulham, I think it's more Mitrovic central and Babel and maybe Sessignon out wide, so we may revert to four at the back.

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

Fulham have seemed bright and lively going forwards playing some "nice" stuff but look wide open, naively so and goals must be there for the taking. Still expect them to frustrate us by keeping the ball for decent spells but once we win it we need to rip into them, no oberplaying or too many needless touches just go at them. 

Rodgers appeared to be saying one of the reasons for 3 CB's was Watford playing 2 CF's, I'm not sure about Fulham, I think it's more Mitrovic central and Babel and maybe Sessignon out wide, so we may revert to four at the back.

Really hope so because 3CB's looked awful! 

We need an attacking line up against this rabble.. Go for the jugular from kickoff. 

If we concede first again I'll, I'll... Crush a grape! 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

Want to try and forget about today's result!!!. 

Let's see what the next game will bring. 

I really hope Rodgers learnt quite a bit from the Watford defeat? 

Morgan is done. 

Kasper needs benching. 

Hamza will bring us more energy.

Fulham are very poor and are goners.. This is clearly a game we must win convincingly. 

So.. 0-0 it is then. 

Morgan didn’t play that badly, Kasper made a save that kept us in the game. The problem was we were dithering too long on the ball and not getting it forward quick enough and It showed when gray came on that it changed the game

7 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Leave him in to keep making mistakes then, don’t bother having a number 2.

The whole point in having options in all positions is to cover injuries and push for places.

We cannot upset kasper, even though he keeps making mistakes, the only signal that sends is he hasn’t got to perform to his very best, as he’s in next week no matter what.

As much as I like Kasper and what he's done for all the time since he's been here in the main (in spite of the recent negative talk on here and in the media concerning his supposed running the dressing room), there comes a time when keepers need dropping at times if they're out of form and making frequent and avoidable mistakes. You can make mistakes in an outfield position and get away with it more often than not of course but not when you're the no.1! Ward deserves a run and he can be no mug if his League Cup performances hav been anything to judge by. Granted, Kasper was the reason why we scraped three points against Brighton last week but is the reason why we're also dropping many as well, look no further than the 92nd minute of today! 

• Like 1

Guest Danny Clender
14 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Ward

Pereira  Evans  Maguire  Chilwell 

Choudhury

Gray  Tielemans  Barnes

Vardy

This is exactly the type of forward thinking I like to see. Nothing short of a football revolution. 

15 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

I think that if Kasper remains undroppable even in the face of making high-profile errors, then Ward will probably decide to move on.

Yup, and you need to mix stuff up sometimes just to avoid complacency.

I'd like to think we can beat Fulham, at home, without a keeper. Lord, those words will haunt me :(

9 hours ago, weller54 said:

If we concede first again I'll, I'll... Crush a grape! 

Steady on there! ;)

I'm pretty laid back now about us conceding first. We've done it often enough and it seems to lead to some kind of 'kick up the arse' response. In fact, I almost expect it and like to get it out of the way asap just so we have more time to get back into it... only to then gift the result... and on that subject...

It's the conceding in extra time that's causing 'crushed grapes' around my house! 

• Haha 1

Not going to be easy, no game ever is although I felt a draw yesterday and confidence would’ve been better, instead I feel there’s going to be a nervousness again (not just players but fans) so for a change, we need to makes fast start! 

Mate of mine is coming up for this die hard Fulham fan, he said that since the sacking of CR that the shackles have been taken off their players, said when playing Chelsea it seemed alot of free flowing football, I think this could be another banana skin, they are fighting for their lives. Scott Parker made all the players walk around the ground clapping the fans at the full time whistle at Craven Cottage. Their fans will be their 12 man on Saturday. Need to silence them.

Fulham not winning away all season means nothing when it comes to us ATM. What did they say about Palace not winning without Zaha in their team. That was proved wrong when they played us. Morgan needs to stay on the bench, maybe its time for Ward to have a go between the sticks. Kasper is still a world class keeper but sometimes when making a mistake he may need to reflect on it from the bench

Edited by Daveb5569