Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Fulham (H).. Next up

55 minutes ago, Daveb5569 said:

Mate of mine is coming up for this die hard Fulham fan, he said that since the sacking of CR that the shackles have been taken off their players, said when playing Chelsea it seemed alot of free flowing football, I think this could be another banana skin, they are fighting for their lives. Scott Parker made all the players walk around the ground clapping the fans at the full time whistle at Craven Cottage. Their fans will be their 12 man on Saturday. Need to silence them.

They've not even taken the full allocation. Won't be much of a 12th man.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Kasper

Evans

Wes

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Ndidi

Youri

Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Iheanacho

Subs: Ward, Maguire, Barnes, Gray, Mendy, Hamza, Okazaki

2-0 win (Pereira and Iheanacho)

Playing 3 at the back against a team that only play 1 upfront? & bar Soyuncu, neither of the other two can break lines with their passing or transition the ball up the pitch. Bin Wes and get another attacker on, Fulham are garbage. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

If anyone is going to lose at home to Fulham it will be us. 

I don't think the 3 at the back experiment worked at all but if Brendan thinks it's the best formation moving forward he has to stick to it and not just use it once and then give it up. Absolutely no point picking Morgan, play Soyuncu on the right with Evans in the middle. 

Barnes/Maddison seemed to struggle with knowing where to play, need clearer instructions. I'd go for Gray ahead of Maddison for this one. 

Kasper

Soyuncu

Evans

Maguire

Ricardo

Tielemans

Ndidi

Chilwell

Gray

Vardy

Barnes

• Like 1

The 3 at the back didn't work in the slightest but we need some stability so it will be interesting to see how we go forward. We could talk formations until the cows come home but until the players stop playing like utter morons I see little changing

Have to say I am glad Rodgers is here for these final few games so he can try stuff out now instead of going into next season not knowing who he fancies and what formations work etc. Hopefully we will finish this season strong because we all know what going into a new season with momentum can do

Guest Danny Clender

The player power really is our sticking point at the moment, it's had so much exposure recently, albeit through no direct 100% confirmation of who and why, although I'm sure others have. 

Brendan Rodgers isn't going to allow that to continue is he? right? Think I read in the Merc that he liked having leaders with big voices and strong opinions in his squads, but doubt he'll stand for any individuals controlling the atmosphere behind the scenes. 

After the Watford game, Rodgers knows what he's up against and in all honesty, it's not as bad as Saturday's match demonstrated. 

I thought Morgan in a back three would work, it should have done, but no.

Perhaps the next time we see Big Wes on the pitch he'll be waving goodbye, who knows.

I've got every faith Rodgers will sort us out. In the meantime, I'm not sure what other better options he has other than to play Puel's team and formations, but just to get it right and then upgrade/tinker with a few summer signings. 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison 

Gray Vardy Barnes 

played 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or in the first 15 minutes, any old how. 

i dont think we will play 3 at the back as they only have 1 striker not 2 like watford(as he stated why 3 at the back)

so he will do it again i would assume.

will be interesting the set up this week.

kasper

chillwell

macguire

evans/wes

ricardo

tielemans

ndidi

madidison

barnes

vardy/ihneacho if vardy injured

gray

Edited by womp

9 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

The player power really is our sticking point at the moment, it's had so much exposure recently, albeit through no direct 100% confirmation of who and why, although I'm sure others have. 

Brendan Rodgers isn't going to allow that to continue is he? right? Think I read in the Merc that he liked having leaders with big voices and strong opinions in his squads, but doubt he'll stand for any individuals controlling the atmosphere behind the scenes. 

After the Watford game, Rodgers knows what he's up against and in all honesty, it's not as bad as Saturday's match demonstrated. 

I thought Morgan in a back three would work, it should have done, but no.

Perhaps the next time we see Big Wes on the pitch he'll be waving goodbye, who knows.

I've got every faith Rodgers will sort us out. In the meantime, I'm not sure what other better options he has other than to play Puel's team and formations, but just to get it right and then upgrade/tinker with a few summer signings. 

Schmeichel 

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison 

Gray Vardy Barnes 

played 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or in the first 15 minutes, any old how. 

dam!shouldn't of had that beer while posting.would of beat you?.

17 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Schmeichel 

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison 

Gray Vardy Barnes 

With some tweaking I didn't think we were far away with this formation and these players, if we could get players covering when needed and actually keep some form of shape in defence.

We looked a mile off on Saturday so I'd rather we worked with this team.

• Like 1

The level-headed part of me knows how much we struggle against bottom-half teams.

The p*ssed-off fan in me wants me to smash these and send them and their owner's terrible investments down to the Championship.

Short rant about Fulham here - I don't buy the excuse that a lot of their promotion-winning players were loanees that they couldn't tie up last season. They spaffed £100m on Mitrovic, Seri, Anguissa and Ryan fuching Babel, for Christ's sake. That money would have been far better spent keeping the promoted squad together, and would have done even in this market, but no... they went for marquee journeymen and have predictably suffered in the same way QPR and the last dregs of EPL Portsmouth did. What makes it even more callous has been their willingness to spend from the off, destroying any cohesion the promotion-winning team had. They can crash, burn and enjoy FFP breathing down their necks as they struggle to clear their squad for all I care.

It's about time we had a big win. Rodgers' first home game in charge, against a p*ss-poor team who will have to play expansively, attack and leave space in every game from now if they are to have any hope of survival? It's time. Bring it on.

4-1 (because we always concede, we're Leicester). Vardy, Barnes, 2 for Maddison. Mitrovic with theirs, because we're terrible at dealing with target men.

I actually thought that there were glimpses of the three at the back system working but it just hasn't been drilled properly yet. It was worrying at times how much space there was in the first-half in particular for Watford to exploit but I felt that the system allowed us to win the ball back much higher up the pitch and we were able to exert pressure on the opposition (although not as effectively as we'd like). Winning the ball back faster and higher up meant that there were opportunities to transition into attack more quickly and this didn't allow the opposition to get as settled into a defensive block, leaving space for us to attack with our pace. Admittedly, there were only a few glimpses of this happening but I think that with time and with a faster CB than Morgan, then it could work. 

I would like us to persist with the formation and bring Soyuncu in for Morgan, Choudhury in for Ndidi and Gray for Maddison. I also wouldn't mind to see Ward get given a run out. There are some who are saying he is far worse than Kasper but have we really seen enough of him to say that? He's performed well in the cups despite limited game time and he deserves a shot. 

Not particularly confident of getting a result after the deja vu like performance against Watford though. Maybe our home and away form will reverse? 

The problem with playing three at the back is putting the full burden of wide attacking play on the wingbacks. We couldn't break Watford down because we were not overloading their defense out wide with attackers. It is no surprise that Chilwell and Ricardo struggled. They look much better when they are overlapping with another winger like Barnes or Gray, than they do on their own.

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 2