Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Fulham (H).. Next up

1 minute ago, Foxboy said:

Schmeichel

Ric      Evans        Harry     Chillers

Tielememans  Ndidi    Maddison

Barnes

Gray        Vardy

Interesting!

I often wonder about Madders Barnes and Gray in relation to their best position as they all seem to want to play at 10 though are utilised anywhere between being wingers and attacking forwards. I do think it’s one of our problems in terms of how we currently are attempting to utilise our squad and wonder if it’s a round peg square hole issue.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

What is my opinion of 14 months? Your post makes no sense. It’s actually funny that you think I’m in love with Rodgers for some bizarre reason. You do this all the time. You don’t argue with individuals or their reasoning, you just consider every poster that disagrees with you all hold the values you dislike and attribute your frustrated demons toward them in your blanket resentment accordingly, with limited critical reflection.

Im like you supporting Rodgers who has arrived, will try new things with a bunch of players who have shown zero signs under Puel of gelling in any fashion on and off the field and you are blind to holding Puel responsible for that. You watched the players in one formation under Puel fail to deliver for 14 months and you’ve given a new formation under a new manager 90 minutes and don’t want to see it again. That’s just hypocrisy mate, put whatever words around it to fluff it up but you’ve given a new manager with a blank canvass 90 minutes.

Hes inherited the same bunch of players with the football coached out of them for the past year and he’s had two training sessions to try and get his messages across. Maybe give some alternative formations a chance because you can’t say with any sincerity whatsoever that 4231 was working.

I explained myself and answered your points and I cant be bothered to do it again in detail, mods need to také a moment before being so knee jerk draconian to everything, I agree with what they do sometimes but in this case its ridiculous as its cut a discussion mid point, ive addressed everything youve just said here and its been deleted

You wont find me saying ive given him 90 minutes and im done at all. I just dont want 3 at the back and never have. Just because its BR am I not allowed to say that now?  I've always said that.  Why should one of our worst performances of the season under that formation change my mind?

In a nutshell I said i thought our season was characterised by individual mistakes costing us points.  Not the systém. And thats still the case.  I stand by that, regardless of the manager, so I dont see how im being hypocritical or inconistent

I dont think we have the players for 352 or 343

I do think that had PUel served up what we did at the weekend you'd be livid, but I understand Rodgers went balls out and tried something very new and fair enough to him for that. 

I support Rodgers and if he wants to try a back 3 then fair enough. I just think its not the answer.  It puts Wes Jonny and Harry on the pitch at the same time, not what we need.  Either way he gets my backing for at least a year or more, even if he kicks all the mascots in the bollocks before kick off every week

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Interesting!

I often wonder about Madders Barnes and Gray in relation to their best position as they all seem to want to play at 10 though are utilised anywhere between being wingers and attacking forwards. I do think it’s one of our problems in terms of how we currently are attempting to utilise our squad and wonder if it’s a round peg square hole issue.

Barnes said in his match-day minus two that he was originally playing as a 10 but has recently learnt to play on the wing. He looks amazing powering past players down the wing so I would be hesitant to put him in the middle but would like to see how he does in there. His attacking positioning seems to be pretty spot on. I feel like we have the potential to have a very fluid front 3 like Liverpool and United currently have.

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I explained myself and answered your points and I cant be bothered to do it again in detail, mods need to také a moment before being so knee jerk draconian to everything, I agree with what they do sometimes but in this case its ridiculous as its cut a discussion mid point, ive addressed everything youve just said here and its been deleted

You wont find me saying ive given him 90 minutes and im done at all. I just dont want 3 at the back and never have. Just because its BR am I not allowed to say that now?  I've always said that.  Why should one of our worst performances of the season under that formation change my mind?

In a nutshell I said i thought our season was characterised by individual mistakes costing us points.  Not the systém. And thats still the case.  I stand by that, regardless of the manager, so I dont see how im being hypocritical or inconistent

I dont think we have the players for 352 or 343

I do think that had PUel served up what we did at the weekend you'd be livid, but I understand Rodgers went balls out and tried something very new and fair enough to him for that. 

I support Rodgers and if he wants to try a back 3 then fair enough. I just think its not the answer.  It puts Wes Jonny and Harry on the pitch at the same time, not what we need.  Either way he gets my backing for at least a year or more, even if he kicks all the mascots in the bollocks before kick off every week

I like the idea of bollock kicking mascots. That’s a whole new level forward from ear flicking games.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Didn't exactly deal with him, did he?  

To be fair he's always done a decent job on Deeney in the past but I think Wes really is coming to the end of the road as a top flight footballer.

Im really glad Claudio wont be managing these lot at ours as there fans weren't very complimentary to the bloke and were on him about "not knowing what he`s doing" LOL. He cut a sorry figure on the touchline and I really felt for him. The club gets promoted, spends over £100m and then expects miracles when they allegedly didnt even back him to pay the loan fees and wages for Chelseas ex-England pair Cahill and our boy Danny.

For the match, well they are so low in confidence and have so many mediocre footballers that they shouldn't do us much harm, especially as this is BRs first official home game as manager and every day he spends in training will naturally give our players a huge boost. Whether Vardy is fit or not, we should have more than enough attacking power and energy to win this one, hopefully comfortably.

I wonder if we will play 3 or 4 at the back? Fulham only play one up front in Mitrovic, so that makes me thing we will play 4 at the back again. 

No idea what the score will be but I hope we start aggressively in this one. Once again at Watford we started the first 5 minutes too passively and the goal had been coming, Morgan and Kasper pulled off stunning saves and blocks moments prior to keep the score at 0-0.

I'd start the same team as against Brighton at home for this reason personally.

Whilst they need to win, Claudio will know that the way to beat us is not by attacking us. If they come at us we will win comfortably. If they do what palace did and have 11 men behind the ball and score every time they cross the half way line, they will win. 

Edited by jayfox26

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

It’s not what Wilf does that makes him an awful lynchpin at the spine of the team. It’s what he doesn’t do.

You sound like Sarri! Ndidi’s job is to break up play and he is very good at it. The stats clearly illustrate this. He needs to be accompanied by someone tasked with transitioning to attack, which is why we got Tielemans in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I find it incredible that after 14 months of playing in a dire 4231 formation that anybody could suggest wanting to see it ever again.

I didn’t think the formation was the problem under Claude P. I think it was the pace of play being so slow and deliberate. I think a 4-2-3-1 could be much more attacking if the players are encouraged to move the ball much more quickly and play with greater intensity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AylestoneRaider said:

I didn’t think the formation was the problem under Claude P. I think it was the pace of play being so slow and deliberate. I think a 4-2-3-1 could be much more attacking if the players are encouraged to move the ball much more quickly and play with greater intensity.

I don’t think we have a DM up to playing that way in Ndidi or Mendy at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

You sound like Sarri! Ndidi’s job is to break up play and he is very good at it. The stats clearly illustrate this. He needs to be accompanied by someone tasked with transitioning to attack, which is why we got Tielemans in.

To succeed at this level you need to be able to pass the ball, call for the ball to be played at your feet even when marked and have the skill to pass the ball forward without losing it... even if you can win it back!

54 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

I think he was trying to push them to do that at the end but they weren't capable OR they weren't willing. Whether that is reflective of their abilities or his motivation skills is debatable.

53 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think Fulham will win this. Their team is full of seasoned pro's who will out battle us. They need it more and will want it more. Unfortunately.

2 straight defeats for Rodgers then!.... 

Let the FT meltdown begin.. And dancing in the streets of Glasgow!!