Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Fulham (H).. Next up

3 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Ward

Pereira  Evans  Maguire  Chilwell 

Choudhury

Gray  Tielemans  Barnes

Vardy

Fulham may not be good,  but I think that’s really taking the piss ?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Yes, of course his mistakes have to have consequences. Clear guidance from the coaching staff as to what is expected. But dropping him to highlight that he made a mistake is like a modern-day ducking stool. He knows already. He really doesn’t even need it pointing out. Dropping him won’t make it go away. Like when he threw one in the net at Donny in our promotion year. A private word is all that’s required. What’s to be gained by playing an inferior keeper? We overpaid for Ward ridiculously. If he moves on, such is life. The French have a saying that it is the fate of glass to break. So it is the fate of back-up keepers to keep moving on. I’d rather that than destroy the confidence in our undisputed number 1.  And if you don’t think he is, you’re living in some parallel universe - can I join you ...... it might be better than this one.  

Leave him in to keep making mistakes then, don’t bother having a number 2.

The whole point in having options in all positions is to cover injuries and push for places.

We cannot upset kasper, even though he keeps making mistakes, the only signal that sends is he hasn’t got to perform to his very best, as he’s in next week no matter what.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Leave him in to keep making mistakes then, don’t bother having a number 2.

The whole point in having options in all positions is to cover injuries and push for places.

We cannot upset kasper, even though he keeps making mistakes, the only signal that sends is he hasn’t got to perform to his very best, as he’s in next week no matter what.

It’s a perfectly reasoanble

point you’re making...... if the back up is close to the level of the first-choice. IMHO, he’s nowhere near. Therefore you seek to improve the number one, not punish him. You’re taking about a culture where perfectionism and fear of failure hold sway. That rarely improves performance in a sustainable way. Just my opinion. I understand that you disagree ?

• Thanks 1

Would be happy with a 1 0. We look nervous and vulnerable at the beginning of every game and often play better against top teams.Vital that we don’t concede and start playing a bit quicker. Think the manager will sort it but we can see it is not going to be instant success 

1 hour ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Ward

Choudhury

Gray  Tielemans  Barnes

Vardy

Seems a bit silly starting with 10 but I guess it will make headlines if nothing else!! ?

• Haha 1

BR now has this week to instil in the team some of his values and deal with some of the negatives he witnessed today.

It will be interesting to see what changes he makes to the starting line up and the style of play.

We probably deserved a draw against Watford but If we cannot get a win against Fulham then the task of sorting things out maybe bigger than we realised.

1 hour ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Ward

Choudhury

Gray  Tielemans  Barnes

Vardy

Going with 10 men? That should confuse them :D

It will be the same system as the aim of it was to get more bodies around Vardy and create more chances for him. However this time we will have a full week to work on it, not only two full sesssions.

I think the logic is sound and there are round pegs in round holes. Stick with it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Just don’t see what is to be gained by dropping Kasper. He’s our best keeper. End of. His distribution hasn’t got better or worse. It is what it is. 

Spot on. A lot of fans act on impulse. 

5 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Ward

Choudhury

Gray  Tielemans  Barnes

Vardy

Expecting a red card are you ?