Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Fulham (H).. Next up

11 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

Ndidi was our best player v Watford - absolutely zero chance he’ll be dropped.

And Wes was one of the worst - also absolutely zero chance he'll be dropped.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 04/03/2019 at 13:51, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Dont think Chilwell is good enough as an attacking player to be a wingback

Worked ok on the right when Ricardo and Gray could operate together. 

343 or whatever it was seemed to nullify us at the top.  I think the 4231 is our best formation atm for our players

Chilwell plays wingback for England with Maguire as part of a three. He can do it. 

On Sunday he was missing someone to overlap with on the wing. When he did bomb down the line, there was neither cover nor anyone to pass to, so he had to cut in. Ricardo much the same. 

4231 is our best formation at the moment. Puels problem was not so much the formation as the ponderous attack, when we got the ball forward quickly it was deadly. 

Kasper 

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi

Gray Maddison Barnes

Vardy

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

And Wes was one of the worst - also absolutely zero chance he'll be dropped.:ph34r:

With Benkovic coming into the team next season perhaps Rodgers is just giving Wes the chance to play in the last few games.. After all they're pretty meaningless. 

Morgan won't be playing next season that's for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

With Benkovic coming into the team next season perhaps Rodgers is just giving Wes the chance to play in the last few games.. After all they're pretty meaningless. 

Wes was apparently selected to deal with Deeney 

mitrovic ............rondon..........many teams have a big striker so maybe we will see more of Wes ...........

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I really hope Wes finishes for us this season with his head held high and moves down to the Championship. He’d be a great signing for someone (possibly florist).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

He had a great game. Anyway he won’t be dropped because I am sure Brendan will see the enormous contribution he makes. His distribution is improving now as well.

It’s not what Wilf does that makes him an awful lynchpin at the spine of the team. It’s what he doesn’t do.

25 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Chilwell plays wingback for England with Maguire as part of a three. He can do it. 

On Sunday he was missing someone to overlap with on the wing. When he did bomb down the line, there was neither cover nor anyone to pass to, so he had to cut in. Ricardo much the same. 

4231 is our best formation at the moment. Puels problem was not so much the formation as the ponderous attack, when we got the ball forward quickly it was deadly. 

Kasper 

Tielemans Ndidi

Gray Maddison Barnes

Vardy

If he had the option to cut in himself sometimes it would work better.  He's too one dimensional until he learns to use that right foot at least a little bit

Agree about the 4231, until I see evidence otherwise I think its the way to go for the rest of the season at least

7 hours ago, Guest said:

3 centre backs isn't necessarily negative or defensive. It's our mentality and approach that determine that, not the formation. Burnley play 4-4-2 most weeks and they're one of the most negative, defensive teams about.

Yep I understand that but just feels more of an “away” thing to do generally

20 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

90 minutes at the weekend was enough for me for 3 at the back

Good to see you are practicing what you’ve been preaching for the last 12 months regarding youth and change and building something then.

There wasn’t a lot wrong with three at the back. 

What it did do which was plain to see was allow an extra body up top which made Vardy less isolated and the football actually begin to show signs of promise.

If Ndidi had wanted the ball at all from the back three except watching them pass it sideways to each other with limited outlet apart from cross balls to Ric or Chills then we might be a team that plays more down the middle and actually creates stuff. It’s lovely having a ball winner but that player needs to be able want and create on the ball too at this level and sadly Ndidi isn’t yet that player with that ability.

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Good to see you are practicing what you’ve been preaching for the last 12 months regarding youth and change and building something then.

Swan, I will be supporting this manager when you've lost your rag in 3 or 4 games time

The amusing thing about this is the situation has changed not a jot for me .  Everything is the same as under Puel, except people are happy about Rodgers for more or less no reason

Patience is still the key and this squad will more or less go in the direction it was going in, that has been demonstrated laughably well over the last 2 games

Having said that, 3 at the back looked like a step back and has every time we've used it with this squad. 

• Like 2

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

There wasn’t a lot wrong with three at the back. 

What it did do which was plain to see was allow an extra body up top which made Vardy less isolated and the football actually begin to show signs of promise.

If Ndidi had wanted the ball at all from the back three except watching them pass it sideways to each other with limited outlet apart from cross balls to Ric or Chills then we might be a team that plays more down the middle and actually creates stuff. It’s lovely having a ball winner but that player needs to be able want and create on the ball too at this level and sadly Ndidi isn’t yet that player with that ability.

Vardy had less touches than anyone on the pitch in the first half

I didnt see him more involved at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Vardy had less touches than anyone on the pitch in the first half

I didnt see him more involved at all.

Vardy has barely touched the ball all season. But we certainly looked more dangerous than under Puel once we got our act together.

• Like 1

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Vardy has barely touched the ball all season. But we certainly looked more dangerous than under Puel once we got our act together.

I just didnt see that at all (us looking more dangerous at the weekend I mean) I thought it was one of our worst games all season and we created about 2 good chances including the goal

I honestly think people are seeing what they want to see because of Rodgers v Puel

It is early days for Rodgers and he looks to be changing things up, so the initial falter may turn out we get things going pretty quickly and even improve over the next few games

But to argue that Watford was a step forward in any way, I just didnt see it, sorry

• Like 4

What is my opinion of 14 months? Your post makes no sense. It’s actually funny that you think I’m in love with Rodgers for some bizarre reason. You do this all the time. You don’t argue with individuals or their reasoning, you just consider every poster that disagrees with you all hold the values you dislike and attribute your frustrated demons toward them in your blanket resentment accordingly, with limited critical reflection.

Im like you supporting Rodgers who has arrived, will try new things with a bunch of players who have shown zero signs under Puel of gelling in any fashion on and off the field and you are blind to holding Puel responsible for that. You watched the players in one formation under Puel fail to deliver for 14 months and you’ve given a new formation under a new manager 90 minutes and don’t want to see it again. That’s just hypocrisy mate, put whatever words around it to fluff it up but you’ve given a new manager with a blank canvass 90 minutes.

Hes inherited the same bunch of players with the football coached out of them for the past year and he’s had two training sessions to try and get his messages across. Maybe give some alternative formations a chance because you can’t say with any sincerity whatsoever that 4231 was working.

21 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I have to agree with @AlloverthefloorYesNdidiin the fact i thought we looked all over the place v Watford. Now if this was due to switching formation or not remains to be seen and based on the extremely small size of 1 game, i think its hard to say with any sort of conviction either way. 

I'm all up for change if it benefits us, but i would have preferred to not have had that much change in BR's 1st game.  3 atb may work given time and its something the fans have been calling out for... Time will tell :D 

Yeah I think BR made a bad call in using Wes in a three but I think he had to come in, raise morale and give the Club Captain a chance but it didn’t work out. He may or may not get another one - who knows.

Whatever BR tries the football and the dressing room can’t be any worse than under Claude Puel.

I hope BR can get us playing some quicker passing football and hope that he can train and improve what we have or acquire some able DM’s who can play with and without the football.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Ward

Ndidi

Gray Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Vardy

I would love to see this. Ndidi in an Iborra type role just sat in front of the back four with no real remit to get forward, just to release the ball to one of the four in front.

Round pegs in round holes putting Ndidi where he can excel. 

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Is it possible to get Gray Barnes Tielemans Vardy and Maddison on the pitch in a formation of reasonable sorts?

Schmeichel

Ric      Evans        Harry     Chillers

Tielememans  Ndidi    Maddison

Barnes

Gray        Vardy