Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Burnley (A).. Next up.

15 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Chilwell isn’t great though,he’s average,

im sure heat be the future but he certainly isn’t great,

worries me what the England call up will do for his ego,

hes been a liability yet gets selected for the national team,hope it doesn’t go to his head and him think to himself that he’s been called up on recent performances

Bit harsh. He's probably up there for player of the season alongside Ricardo. Had a poor couple of games maybe but he's hardly been a liability

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

And I’m sure chillwell would have done aswell 

Well no. He’s been one of the best left backs in the country this season along with Robertson and Shaw and he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

if Rodgers picks Fuchs to deal with Burnley’s physical threat I could understand that but no way does Chilwell deserve dropping outright.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

hes been a liability yet gets selected for the national team,hope it doesn’t go to his head and him think to himself that he’s been called up on recent performances

Depends how you define great he certainly is above average. His form is not great based on last few games i admit but i doubt the call up had anything to do with it. 

I think you are being quite harsh towards him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russell sprout said:

Personally I'd say he was better than average and also, we have to remember his age and stage of development. Are you blind as to why the likes of Klopp and Guadiola are interested in him? If you want a ready made 'great' left back can you name one please that's both affordable and willing to come here to take his place? When you've calculated the millions of pounds required to buy him  (and let's hope he's not on his last legs without any resale value), do you not think that a club like ours, with the budget it is willing to spend, has more pressing priorities in other positions that we are weaker in? It's very easy to knock and criticise our younger players but not so easy to come up with viable alternatives commensurate with the betterment of the team as a whole.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Guest said:

Bit harsh. He's probably up there for player of the season alongside Ricardo. Had a poor couple of games maybe but he's hardly been a liability

I want any player to do well in a city shirt,

my opinion of him is exactly that,my opinion,

i just think some on here think he’s the best thing since sliced bread,

he plays great then is poor more often than not,

and I completely disagree with him being player of the year,

most overated maybe but in my opinion certainly not player of the year 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Personally I'd say he was better than average and also, we have to remember his age and stage of development. Are you blind as to why the likes of Klopp and Guadiola are interested in him? If you want a ready made 'great' left back can you name one please that's both affordable and willing to come here to take his place? When you've calculated the millions of pounds required to buy him  (and let's hope he's not on his last legs without any resale value), do you not think that a club like ours, with the budget it is willing to spend, has more pressing priorities in other positions that we are weaker in? It's very easy to knock and criticise our younger players but not so easy to come up with viable alternatives commensurate with the betterment of the team as a whole.

I hope your right and I hope I’m wrong but 

I’m not filled with optimism,

im in no doubt klopp or pep would make him a better player like stones,walker etc but I don’t see him at that level anytime soon based on what I see and if people think he’s worth in excess of 50-60 million then that’s wishful thinking 

1 minute ago, Russell sprout said:

I want any player to do well in a city shirt,

my opinion of him is exactly that,my opinion,

i just think some on here think he’s the best thing since sliced bread,

he plays great then is poor more often than not,

and I completely disagree with him being player of the year,

most overated maybe but in my opinion certainly not player of the year 

Fair enough mate. "Poor more often than not" and "a liability" is certainly not an accurate reflection of the player I've been watching all season but if that's what you think, fine. I don't believe he's particularly overrated either, I think most people freely admit his crossing needs a lot of work and he's prone to switching off. Who would you have ahead of him with regards to player of the year? 

2 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I hope your right and I hope I’m wrong but 

I’m not filled with optimism,

im in no doubt klopp or pep would make him a better player like stones,walker etc but I don’t see him at that level anytime soon based on what I see and if people think he’s worth in excess of 50-60 million then that’s wishful thinking 

You still haven't said who you'd replace him with though, what's your plan?

11 minutes ago, Guest said:

Fair enough mate. "Poor more often than not" and "a liability" is certainly not an accurate reflection of the player I've been watching all season but if that's what you think, fine. I don't believe he's particularly overrated either, I think most people freely admit his crossing needs a lot of work and he's prone to switching off. Who would you have ahead of him with regards to player of the year? 

I agree Ricardo has done well,

i don’t think any player has been superb consistently,but vardy has had a better season than him though a frustrating one curtesy of puel’s tactics,which have maybe played a part in my opinion of chillwells performances,

i genuinly hope the best is yet to come and and maybe it will do,

im sure in seasons to come you will all say you told me so

Edited by Russell sprout

9 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I don’t have a plan,I’m merely stating that I don’t think he’s ‘that’ good,

its down to the club to have a plan,

im simply a fan that has a different opinion to yourself 

But whilst criticising you also have to be realistic and recognise who we are and where we are. It would be nice to swap Iheanacho for Ronaldo who scored yet another hatrick last night but it ain't going to happen. In our position in this point in time we're very lucky to have a player like Chilwell. There's always someone bigger and better, it doesn't take much of a mind to point it out. Sometimes if you recognise our position and point in time it would tend to show how lucky we are, the world is full of fans that are never happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

But whilst criticising you also have to be realistic and recognise who we are and where we are. It would be nice to swap Iheanacho for Ronaldo who scored yet another hatrick last night but it ain't going to happen. In our position in this point in time we're very lucky to have a player like Chilwell. There's always someone bigger and better, it doesn't take much of a mind to point it out. Sometimes if you recognise our position and point in time it would tend to show how lucky we are, the world is full of fans that are never happy.

I’m not a fan that’s never happy I’m very grateful to be from Leicester and for them to be my team,

just because I think we’re not as strong at left back as others like yourself thinks it doesn’t have anything to do with being realistic,

was it realistic to expect us to win the league,is it realistic to expect us to never win the league again????its an opinion,

I'm simply giving an opinion on a forum regarding Ben chilwell and I’m not being rude or offensive I’m just saying what I see at this moment in time and I think it’s irrelevant to jugde your opinion based on who we are and where we are in the league

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If you want a ready made 'great' left back can you name one please that's both affordable and willing to come here to take his place

Alex Telles

Kieren Tierney

Alex Grimaldo

I would definitely rather keep Chilwell but there's certainly players out there who are both attainable and may consider us a step up. All 3 above are better technically, and could probably be picked up for half the fee we'd want for Chilwell. 

Nothing really interesting or new in his press conference

Players not on international duty next week going out to Thailand for Vichais cremation

Rodgers will be involved in the process of getting a new head of recruitment

Praise for Vardy about how important he is for the team

Burnley will be a tough game, Dyche has done well at Burnley

Expectation of his time here is to bring back European football. Currently focused on stabilising the squad and developing an identity to allow us to be better

No new injuries, Amartey and Albrighton still injured, Matty James back training but won’t be playing any first team football this season

Praise for Hamza being called up to England u21s

Praise for Maddison

4 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Alex Telles

Kieren Tierney

Alex Grimaldo

I would definitely rather keep Chilwell but there's certainly players out there who are both attainable and may consider us a step up. All 3 above are better technically, and could probably be picked up for half the fee we'd want for Chilwell. 

It would be wrong for me to comment on Telles and Grimaldo as I don't know enough about them other than they play in a poor league and Portugal has hardly been a good hunting ground for us. That having been said, Ricardo played there but is on the cusp of their national team (don't know about the other two). Puel had also got first hand experience of working with Ricardo in the French league and was perhaps better positioned to  predict whether he could adapt to the pace and physicality of the Premiership and play against some of the best strikers in the world unlike Portugal. As for Tierney, he is indeed lauded as very promising but is playing week in and week out in a very poor league against opposition little better than that our division one. But, again, we have the benefit of a manager who has worked with him for quite a period and we should trust his judgement. 

But, do we need the money for a player who is already about there and has been learning,  albeit with some unsurprising mistakes at times, but against far superior opposition. I think we need to keep our best players together and build for now or risk becoming the next Southampton. The one perhaps exception being Maguire if it was for a really big fee, as we appear to have good cover for that position and could spend the money towards Tilemans and a striker. We'll see eh, exciting times ahead.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:57, Ric Flair said:

I think he has been poor for a while now, might need a break as he's pretty much played every game for us. 

Agree. Whilst I would not say poor exactly, he does seem to be a bit off his game. Maybe a good opportunity to rest him, particularly as he is in the England squad so will not get the break that the rest will (those not on international duty that is). Also Fuchs deserves to get a few games before he departs. Also I sincerely hope that he, along with some of the other departing legends (most likely Shinji, Simpson) gets a run out and a chance for the fans to show their appreciation at the last home game.

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, urban fox said:

Agree. Whilst I would not say poor exactly, he does seem to be a bit off his game. Maybe a good opportunity to rest him, particularly as he is in the England squad so will not get the break that the rest will (those not on international duty that is). Also Fuchs deserves to get a few games before he departs. Also I sincerely hope that he, along with some of the other departing legends (most likely Shinji, Simpson) gets a run out and a chance for the fans to show their appreciation at the last home game.

Whilst I'd love to see some of these legends off...I'd rather us push for a 7th place finish with everything we've got. Sometimes sentiment has to be put aside. They will always be legends here regardless. 

• Like 1

Folks like Chilwell because he is easy on the eye running forward  but last time I checked a nice 30 yard pass is better than running with the ball.Im sure he will be fine but its just a matter of making the right choices and doing some serious defending with both feet please.And pick out a cross on a regular basis 

• Haha 1