Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Burnley (A).. Next up.

I’m holding on to my optimism.  Burnley base so much on that back line, which most times I’ve watched them this season, has played with a shocking lack of coordination.  57 given up in 30 matches.

It’s easy enough to foresee a Chris Wood goal, but outside of him and Barnes, nobody on that team scores.

Neutralize that pair, hit quickly enough to keep them on the back foot, and you’re in.  I know that doesn’t sound like us, but that's what makes this a good early test for BR's tactics.  How about a 2-1 to the Foxes.

Tough test. Although nice to see a good win last week it was only what we should have expected from a really poor Fulham outfit. This lot are a different proposition. They are potentially fighting for their lives, ( I think they will be ok but another couple of reverses and they will be right in it) Physical side too, some decent players and at home. If we get it right though we should come away with the points. Watford was too soon and Fulham were totally sh*te so this is the first real test of what we might start to expect to see under the new regime. Will be interesting to see if he tries 3 at the back again. personally I hope not for this one (although could be legitimate tactics against some sides, no harm in mixing it up occasionally)

Same team please (although would not be surprised if he rests Chilwell and/or Maguire with the internationals coming up), same basic approach but without the wobbly 15 mins in the second half and a similar result will do fine for me.

Love to see Barnes finally get on the score sheet and Vardy to continue his good run.  1-2 to us.

Three more points and never need to look over our shoulders again this season and can push on to see where it takes us.

I think that Brendan will try and make us as solid as possible to match the physical presence they offer. I fully expect us to be workman like initially and hopefully we can get a foothold in the game and then our bit of extra quality can come through. Can see the 3 at the back coming back for this:

Kasper

Evans     Morgan    Maguire

Ricardo   Ndidi      Tielemans    Chilwell 

Maddison     Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Soyuncu, Fuchs, Gray, Mendy, Okazaki, Iheanacho 

A few stats. 

Leicester have kept a clean sheet in 57% of their Premier League games against Burnley (4/7), their joint-best ratio in the competition against sides they've played more than twice (also 57% vs Sunderland).

Burnley have won their last two Premier League home games against Leicester - they've never won three in a row against an opponent at Turf Moor in the competition.

Burnley have lost 13 Premier League games by a margin of two or more goals this season, only Fulham (17) have lost more. Indeed, the Clarets only lost 12 games in total in the whole of the 2017-18 campaign.

After an eight game unbeaten run in the Premier League (W5 D3), Burnley have lost each of their last three in the competition. Sean Dyche's side had the sixth best defensive record in the Premier League last season (39 conceded), but have shipped the joint second highest number of goals in the competition this term (57).

Leicester have won two of their last three Premier League games (L1), more than they had in their final eight under Claude Puel (W1 D1 L6).

Burnley's games have seen more 90th minute goals than any other side in the Premier League this season (12), with the Clarets shipping a league-high nine times in the 90th minute or later (scored three).

Burnley's Ashley Barnes has scored in each of his last three home Premier League games - no player has ever scored in four in a row at Turf Moor for the club in the competition.

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has won four of his five league meetings with Burnley (L1), winning against them with three different teams (Watford, Swansea and Liverpool); the Clarets could become the first team Rodgers has beaten with four different teams.

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bridge Bier Haus in town and the cricket club next to the ground 

Does the cricket club open up all year round for drinks? I’ve only been at an end of season match when they were playing cricket 

11 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Burnley have won their last two Premier League home games against Leicester - they've never won three in a row against an opponent at Turf Moor in the competition.

Why can I see this changing today?

We love helping other teams improve their stats.

Realistically though I have a strangely good feeling about today's game. 

I know Rodgers will be experimenting a lot so we may not have a consistent team always but I'm hoping we can get a bit of a run going to end this season and form a platform for what's to come next season.

25 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Does the cricket club open up all year round for drinks? I’ve only been at an end of season match when they were playing cricket 

Was open last year, however the weather was a bit better!

Prepare to get wet, very wet.