Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

What should Rodgers do for the remaining seven games?

12 hours ago, Foxxed said:

A professional foul means he misses one game. After Morgan got the winner I expect to see him back.

I'm not sure our squad is big enough for Europa tbh.

But as others have said, a higher league position means more money. And Top will need that with all the shit happening in Thailand.

If Bren puts Hamza on the bench and gives him some minutes and gives another u21 a cameo I'll be happy.

They are the two things I'd like to see too and they're not too radical to affect the current momentum. I'm not a big fan of Mendy but have found him useful coming off the bench to see things out in the last couple of games. However I'd rather see Choudhury get those minutes between now and the end of the season. After that, it may seem a little greedy but I'd like to see one more untried youngster, preferably  a CF just to gage how close they are to being ready for consideration. Rodgers sees them all in training and in their matches but he could make it an extra incentive by showing a place is available if they impress.

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

They are the two things I'd like too see too and they're not too radical to affect the current momentum. I'm not a big fan of Mendy but have found him useful coming off the bench to see things out in the last couple of games. However I'd rather see Choudhury get those minutes between now and the end of the season. After that, it may seem a little greedy but I'd like to see one more untried youngster, preferably  a CF just to gage how close they are to being ready for consideration. Rodgers sees them all in training and in their matches but he could make it an extra incentive by showing a place is available if they impress.

Regarding Hamza, our final three games are against the top six. I'm wondering if we can again use Mendy, Ndidi and Hamza as the defensive midfielders. And somehow fit Tielemans, Maddidon and Vardy in front of them. And the only CF we have is Muskwe that I can think of now.

Edited by Foxxed

Good question this. Priority 1 has got to be persuading Tielemans this is the place for him. How do we do that? Winning some games and qualifying for Europa League? Or creating a close knit team environment where he's a key player? Depends on what Youri is like but I think we stand a much better chance with Rodgers selling his vision to him than Puel.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Regarding Hamza, our final three games are against the top six. I'm wondering if we can again use Mendy, Ndidi and Hamza as the defensive midfielders. And somehow fit Tielemans, Maddidon and Vardy in front of them. And the only CF we have is Muskwe that I can think of now.

I think our best midfield three against the Top 6 would be Hamza, Ndidi and Youri.

On 16/03/2019 at 21:03, Foxxed said:

We could possibly make seventh and the Europa Leauge with some luck. But I'm not sure if we'd want the Europa League: look what it did to Burnley this season.

What would you prefer?

Play full strength and try to make seventh and get into the Europa League?

Or play a weaken side with some youngsters and see if we can develop a fourth youngster from the academy (or at least play our third)?

Why play a weakened side that's just nonsense, we play the best team every time, we played a weakened side against Newport in the Cup and we got knocked out, BR will play a strong team in every competition and this is the way forward IMO, 

16 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Why play a weakened side that's just nonsense, we play the best team every time, we played a weakened side against Newport in the Cup and we got knocked out, BR will play a strong team in every competition and this is the way forward IMO, 

Need to give the youngsters a chance though innit. Chilwell would have never broken through if we had always played our strongest left back.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Exactly. If someone wants to break into the first team they do it in training first. You earn it. Want more game time? Get loaned out or move to a weaker club. I'm pretty sure its dog eat dog.

The only way the squad gets changed is for rest, injury or change of tactics. This all may apply when your playing 50-70 games a year. Depending on the strength and depth of the squad.

Appearances are sometimes necessity.

Edited by SO1

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Exactly. If someone wants to break into the first team they do it in training first. You earn it. Want more game time? Get loaned out or move to a weaker club. I'm pretty sure its dog eat dog.

The only way the squad gets changed is for rest, injury or change of tactics. This all may apply when your playing 50-70 games a year. Depending on the strength and depth of the squad. Appearances are sometimes necessity.

I agree for the most part, but would prefer to play a couple of youth players in cup games, see where they are at, like we did with Jeff, Dodoo and Chilwell. But I agree we shouldn't be wasting minutes on players that have no future at the club like Matty James, as much as I've liked him in the past.

If:

• Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa League AND finish outside the top 4
  • Man City win the FA Cup

Would that mean 8th gets Europa? Since both "cup places" have gone to a top 4 side while another team in a Europa spot (5th / 6th) gets UCL football instead?

Looking at the field in the EL, and given they already won it once before, I can see that scenario panning out with Chelsea winning the EL and Man City bulldozering their way to at least a treble, though admittedly I'm probably missing some other dumb extra rule that over-rides that assessment.

9 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

If:

Would that mean 8th gets Europa? Since both "cup places" have gone to a top 4 side while another team in a Europa spot (5th / 6th) gets UCL football instead?

Looking at the field in the EL, and given they already won it once before, I can see that scenario panning out with Chelsea winning the EL and Man City bulldozering their way to at least a treble, though admittedly I'm probably missing some other dumb extra rule that over-rides that assessment.

I think only 7th can get Europa, unless I’m wrong 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

If:

Only 7 teams from one country can take part in a European competition. Either 4 CL and 3 EL, or 5 CL and 2 EL.

• Thanks 1

For me stop Man City winning the league.

Remember I started supporting Leicester the day we lost to them 1-0 in the FA Cup final.

Never liked them since or the Red lot who relegated us the week after.

As for europe.........i'd take it  :beer:

• Like 1