Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

What should Rodgers do for the remaining seven games?

We could possibly make seventh and the Europa Leauge with some luck. But I'm not sure if we'd want the Europa League: look what it did to Burnley this season.

What would you prefer?

Play full strength and try to make seventh and get into the Europa League?

Or play a weaken side with some youngsters and see if we can develop a fourth youngster from the academy (or at least play our third)?

Edited by Foxxed

Just now, Foxxed said:

We could possibly make seventh. Our run is difficult but about as difficult as Wolves'. But I'm not sure if we'd want the Europa League: look what it did to Burnley this season.

What would you prefer?

Play full strength and try to make seventh and get into the Europa League?

Or play a weaken side with some youngsters and see if we can develop a fourth youngster from the academy (or at least play our third)?

We would have a much stronger squad than Burnley to deal with Europa League though.

I would gladly take a place in the competition. Would be a good way of convincing players to join us.

• Like 4

Go for Europe! It is true that if we qualified that it might have a negative impact on our next season but the goal of the club is to be one that plays in Europe every year, so that's got to be our goal.

If we lost a few games and it's no longer possible to qualify, well then I would like to see Rodgers give a few more players chances such as Soyuncu and Choudhury. But as of right now, I think we have already found a good system with the players we have so we should keep that system and players and develop our play. In recent games out attacking play has seemed much better in terms of cohesion and elements of the high press will be exciting to watch.  If we sign Tielemans then I think we already have a very good team for next season already. I am sure Rodgers will bring in one or two more, but honestly I think our first team is very solid at the moment, so building the relationships up between the team is worth the effort involved..

Obviously he'll want to finish 7th, but just get as many points as possible and get the team playing his way would be enough for me. We all wrote this season off after the helicopter crash, so being in this position itself is incredible.

7 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

7th doesn't mean Europe. However, we should always aim for as high a finish as possible and 7th is achievable. Either way, Rodgers will want to build for next season and get some momentum. Let's see what happens but next season is key

Not guaranteed but if Man City win the FA Cup then it means Europe I think?

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Europe goes to the runner up, and if they are already in Europe aswell it goes to 7th. Thanks to wolves we can say bye bye to that 

Don’t believe this is correct, it goes to the FA Cup winner if the winner is already in Europe it goes to the highest placed team in the PL without European football (7th). FA cup runners up don’t get a look in

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Don’t believe this is correct, it goes to the FA Cup winner if the winner is already in Europe it goes to the highest placed team in the PL without European football (7th). FA cup runners up don’t get a look in

That's my understanding too.

Just checked Premier League site. Last season it was:

a) If the FA Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League, their UEL group stage place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Instead of who, though? 

Our last three games are again Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea. I'd like to see Hamza fitted in somehow. Although I'm not sure how we can with Tielemans.