Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxxed

What should Rodgers do for the remaining seven games?

It's going to be tough to get seventh but I'm sure that's going to guarantee Europa league. Man City will win the FA cup.

However as others have said momentum and that feel good factor is important to carry over into next season. Plenty of teams have ended seasons badly and struggled the following season. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lcfcdom said:

I think with their not being any international tournaments in the summer, this won’t interfere with the squad size for it this year.

There's the Nations League thingy this summer. 

Unless Man City win the FA Cup 7th won't get European football, let's just go for the highest finish possible anyway. As stated, momentum for next year and aim for Europe then,  and a good cup run. 

It boggles the mind that anyone thinks this should even be a question - if you can qualify for Europe it's a no-brainer.  But given where we are and the way the schedule finishes, it's an extreme longshot.

Edited by Deeg67

Play and aim to win as many games as possible. We have the best example of how moment from one season can be carried into the start of the next. The feel good factor of a new manager is something every team benefits from and we should try to maintain it for as long as possible.

I don't think we can get seventh after the awful 2019 we've had until recently, but let's go for it. 

I don't understand the thinking of playing weakened sides to miss out on seventh so that Europa League doesn't impact next season when we will be pushing for... well... seventh.

Edited by murphy

Guest Markyblue

Go for as many points as possible Europa league would be Fantastic,  what else is our ambition title wins come every 100 + years or so.

12 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We could possibly make seventh and the Europa Leauge with some luck. But I'm not sure if we'd want the Europa League: look what it did to Burnley this season.

What would you prefer?

Play full strength and try to make seventh and get into the Europa League?

Or play a weaken side with some youngsters and see if we can develop a fourth youngster from the academy (or at least play our third)?

So you think we're more like Burnley than the top 6 clubs who have all qualified for Europe's final stages?

We should always aim for Europe and then give it our best shot if we get there. No reason we couldn't win the Europa cup next season. 

As for what Rodgers should do, with Maguire red carded - is that 2 or 3 games he misses? - he should be playing Soyunco and definitely not Morgan. He has to look to the future. He should also play Ward (but he won't) and give Iheanacho and Hamza some time. Morgan, Fuchs, Simpson, Okazaki shouldn't even be on the bench. Let's see what we've got and let's move forward.

12 minutes ago, FIF said:

So you think we're more like Burnley than the top 6 clubs who have all qualified for Europe's final stages?

We should always aim for Europe and then give it our best shot if we get there. No reason we couldn't win the Europa cup next season. 

As for what Rodgers should do, with Maguire red carded - is that 2 or 3 games he misses? - he should be playing Soyunco and definitely not Morgan. He has to look to the future. He should also play Ward (but he won't) and give Iheanacho and Hamza some time. Morgan, Fuchs, Simpson, Okazaki shouldn't even be on the bench. Let's see what we've got and let's move forward.

A professional foul means he misses one game. After Morgan got the winner I expect to see him back.

I'm not sure our squad is big enough for Europa tbh.

But as others have said, a higher league position means more money. And Top will need that with all the shit happening in Thailand.

If Bren puts Hamza on the bench and gives him some minutes and gives another u21 a cameo I'll be happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1