Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

4th April 2019 - Vichai

So 4th April is approaching this year and it would have been the late Vichai's 61st birthday.

No doubt the club will have plans in place to honour this date - will it be at the Bournemouth game a few days before the 4th, or just over a week later on 12th April when we face Newcastle on Sky?

I trust the club will have some special tributes in place - when it comes to honouring special figures or special people associated with the club (Vichai was obviously even above just 'special' but you get my drift) we do always seem to deliver. 

Does anyone know what the club might be planning? I'm sure those who attend FCC may know?

Are @Union FS planning anything? Again, they're usually on the ball with displays or messages before/during a game.

Edited by StanSP

His cremation is happening soon.

Merc

Rodgers and squad to head to Thailand for Vichai's cremation
Late City chairman Khun Vichai will be cremated during the international break, with Rodgers and some of the players set to attend.

“I was made aware of that (Khun Vichai’s cremation). The international players will go away with their countries, and the remainder of the team will go away and travel for the funeral. So we’ll do that next week.”

Independent

Leicester City‘s players and staff will travel to Thailand next week for the cremation of the club’s late owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

Vichai died in the helicopter crash outside the King Power Stadium on 27 October, aged 60, in the tragedy that claimed five lives.

The squad and staff attended the funeral of the chairman in November, but those not on international duty, plus manager Brendan Rodgers manager and his staff, will travel to the Far East next week to pay their final respects.

Rodgers said: “I was made aware of that (Khun Vichai’s cremation) when I came in.

“Next week, the international players will go away with their teams and the remainder of the staff and players will go and show their respects and travel to Thailand for the funeral.”

Watch more

Rodgers’ task is to turn Leicester into believers too
Meanwhile, Eduardo Macià, Leicester’s head of recruitment, will leave the club tomorrow.

The 44-year-old former Valencia and Liverpool scout spent two-and-a-half-years at the King Power. Rodgers will play a part in the recruitment of a successor.

He said: “I’m sure they’ll be a number of candidates could help us make the next. I will be involved.

“It will be a club appointment but it is important the manager is involved.

“When I first came in, this was something I was made aware, something that was pre-Christmas and Eduardo was going to move on. 

“He wants a fresh challenge but is a really good guy, the club will go through process of finding a replacement.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/leicester-helicopter-crash-vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-thailand-cremation-ceremony-a8823181.html

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

So 4th April is approaching this year and it would have been the late Vichai's 61st birthday.

No doubt the club will have plans in place to honour this date - will it be at the Bournemouth game a few days before the 4th, or just over a week later on 12th Jan when we face Newcastle on Sky?

I trust the club will have some special tributes in place - when it comes to honouring special figures or special people associated with the club (Vichai was obviously even above just 'special' but you get my drift) we do always seem to deliver. 

Does anyone know what the club might be planning? I'm sure those who attend FCC may know?

Are @Union FS planning anything? Again, they're usually on the ball with displays or messages before/during a game.

I’m sure it will be beforehand, also Is your calendar faulty? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

His cremation is happening soon.

Merc

Rodgers and squad to head to Thailand for Vichai's cremation
Late City chairman Khun Vichai will be cremated during the international break, with Rodgers and some of the players set to attend.

“I was made aware of that (Khun Vichai’s cremation). The international players will go away with their countries, and the remainder of the team will go away and travel for the funeral. So we’ll do that next week.”

Independent

Leicester City‘s players and staff will travel to Thailand next week for the cremation of the club’s late owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

Vichai died in the helicopter crash outside the King Power Stadium on 27 October, aged 60, in the tragedy that claimed five lives.

The squad and staff attended the funeral of the chairman in November, but those not on international duty, plus manager Brendan Rodgers manager and his staff, will travel to the Far East next week to pay their final respects.

Rodgers said: “I was made aware of that (Khun Vichai’s cremation) when I came in.

“Next week, the international players will go away with their teams and the remainder of the staff and players will go and show their respects and travel to Thailand for the funeral.”

Watch more

Rodgers’ task is to turn Leicester into believers too
Meanwhile, Eduardo Macià, Leicester’s head of recruitment, will leave the club tomorrow.

The 44-year-old former Valencia and Liverpool scout spent two-and-a-half-years at the King Power. Rodgers will play a part in the recruitment of a successor.

He said: “I’m sure they’ll be a number of candidates could help us make the next. I will be involved.

“It will be a club appointment but it is important the manager is involved.

“When I first came in, this was something I was made aware, something that was pre-Christmas and Eduardo was going to move on. 

“He wants a fresh challenge but is a really good guy, the club will go through process of finding a replacement.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/leicester-helicopter-crash-vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-thailand-cremation-ceremony-a8823181.html

Does this mean we can’t celebrate his birthday? 

It would be unlike the club not to honour his Birthday, although with it being so close to the cremation Top may not want to. 

Agree it would be nice for something from the fans. 

Edited by FoyleFox

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I hope @Union FS spend the summer creating something beautiful for the first home game of the season that incorporates Vichai. Something as brilliant as Sevilla. 

No pressure lads. 

That would be great,  if ever a man deserves it vichai does.

32 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

When reflecting, we've had an awful lot of gifts over the years for the owners birthday - free scarves, beers, doughnuts, and then again at new year/christmas with mince pies etc.

Maybe it's up to the supporters to give back. When you think of the value of the free gifts over the years, it would be incredible if the supporters were able to give back the cost of even one free beer to the Vichai foundation - that would probably be one of the best gifts the owners could get - a donation in his name from the fans. I think it would make him smile. Would be great if we could co-ordinate a just giving to really get an amount together as supporters.

This is a really great idea. 

Hopefully it will have the same momentum as the 5000-1 walk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I hope @Union FS spend the summer creating something beautiful for the first home game of the season that incorporates Vichai. Something as brilliant as Sevilla. 

No pressure lads. 

I'm lead to believe UFS are struggling with the club at the moment in terms of displays etc. So instead we have an agency led one for it - Wolves currently let an agency do all their pre match stuff. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Thanks 1

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/vichaihadadream

If you would like to donate even the cost of one of the many free beers Vichai has kindly given us over the years, then this could be an amazing present for Vichai and Top. All money raised goes straight to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha foundation.

All donations/shares are welcome and between us supporters I know we can show how much they meant to us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/vichaihadadream

If you would like to donate even the cost of one of the many free beers Vichai has kindly given us over the years, then this could be an amazing present for Vichai and Top. All money raised goes straight to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha foundation.

All donations/shares are welcome and between us supporters I know we can show how much they meant to us.

Surely it’s better to wait until birch does his ‘run’ so all the money goes to the foundation and just giving dont get their whack ??.

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Surely it’s better to wait until birch does his ‘run’ so all the money goes to the foundation and just giving dont get their whack ??.

Birch run isn’t until the end of the season and I’m sure people will still donate. It would be really special to do something for Vichais birthday from the supporters. And in fairness at the fun run you would be able to give gift aid, so the 5% that JustGiving take is mitigated by the boosted 25% extra raised through Gift Aid. Hopefully being able to share a link for and wide on this forum and on social will expose to a large section of our supporters and raise some extra funds for the foundation. If you’d rather wait until the Birch’s run then no drama but extra donations can’t hurt ?

6 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Birch run isn’t until the end of the season and I’m sure people will still donate. It would be really special to do something for Vichais birthday from the supporters. And in fairness at the fun run you would be able to give gift aid, so the 5% that JustGiving take is mitigated by the boosted 25% extra raised through Gift Aid. Hopefully being able to share a link for and wide on this forum and on social will expose to a large section of our supporters and raise some extra funds for the foundation. If you’d rather wait until the Birch’s run then no drama but extra donations can’t hurt ?

Fair enough - it’s just my pet hate that all the funds don’t get to their destination ........point taken on gift aid 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'm lead to believe UFS are struggling with the club at the moment in terms of displays etc. So instead we have an agency led one for it - Wolves currently let an agency do all their pre match stuff. 

Basically yeah. They've got stuff lined up for Bournemouth and Chelsea. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Danizen said:

The club has an official Just Giving page. https://www.justgiving.com/VSfoundation 

If we donated to that on his birthday, I'm sure it would be appreciated. And people will still naturally put their hands in their pockets during Birch's run.

Bentley's Roof raised a lot of money for this but were struggling to speak with the club about how to give it to the foundation, so good that this has been sorted.