Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Although we are losing a good player, we can take great satisfaction in the way the club have handled this.

I would argue the stance we have taken in showing other (bigger) clubs that we won't roll over and sell our best players on the cheap is more valuable to the club in the long run than the insane transfer fee we have gained.

• Like 2

Sad to see him go. Really thought he would be a future Leicester captain. However, I understand his reason to join Man United.

For us, the money is fantastic. If we do hold some profit from this after our business this summer, we could really make further statements in the transfer market. 

In Caglar we have good player with the potential to step in, I really hope we give him the time to develop.

• Like 1

Sky back at it their bullshit;

"I think some credit goes to United for sticking to their guns. They weren't going to go to £85m, £90m. They had a clear fee in their mind they were going to go to. But he was the only signing in the centre-back position that they were looking to." 

If this is true, they're absolute idiots to have waited till a week before the season starts to actually meet our valuation. 

" But there was an understanding - a gentleman's agreement - that he'd be allowed to leave this summer if a suitable offer came in." 

I hate how they keep using this. It's incredibly disrespectful to the owners. 

"Premier League champions Manchester City were also interested in signing Maguire but the defender's preference was always with United.

"Harry Maguire has finally got the move he wanted," said Solhekol.

"We've been close to Harry Maguire all the way through this summer and our understanding was he really, really wanted to move to Manchester United.

"It was his dream move. We told you he wanted to follow in the footsteps of players like Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand and his dream is about to come true." "

Then this is utter dross. We heard from the start he wanted to work under Pep at Man City, United were always second choice. They twist so much to get their stories, it's ridiculous. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15115/11775913/harry-maguire-to-manchester-united-key-questions-answered

Mainly; I hope we start to be awkward with Sky, denying them access to players etc. They've been tossers this entire summer regarding Maguire and its time someone showed them they can't do this shit.  

Would love to see Dorsett stood outside the training ground gates on deadline day, not in the complex, and allowed to be bullied by nobs who hang around outside training grounds.

• Like 3

I'm surprised that some are saying he isn't a great loss, he absolutely is, he's one of our best and most important players.

Also, a few people have said that he was poor last season, I'd strongly disagree with that, his stats are up there with anybody's.

I'm glad the club stuck to their guns but gutted that he's going. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"I think some credit goes to United for sticking to their guns. They weren't going to go to £85m, £90m. They had a clear fee in their mind they were going to go to. But he was the only signing in the centre-back position that they were looking to." 

If this is true, they're absolute idiots to have waited till a week before the season starts to actually meet our valuation. 

" But there was an understanding - a gentleman's agreement - that he'd be allowed to leave this summer if a suitable offer came in." 

"Premier League champions Manchester City were also interested in signing Maguire but the defender's preference was always with United.

"We've been close to Harry Maguire all the way through this summer and our understanding was he really, really wanted to move to Manchester United.

"It was his dream move. We told you he wanted to follow in the footsteps of players like Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand and his dream is about to come true." "

Then this is utter dross. We heard from the start he wanted to work under Pep at Man City, United were always second choice. They twist so much to get their stories, it's ridiculous. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15115/11775913/harry-maguire-to-manchester-united-key-questions-answered

Mainly; I hope we start to be awkward with Sky, denying them access to players etc. They've been tossers this entire summer regarding Maguire and its time someone showed them they can't do this shit.  

Would love to see Dorsett stood outside the training ground gates on deadline day, not in the complex, and allowed to be bullied by nobs who hang around outside training grounds.

Completely agree with this sky are a joke.

Guest Markyblue
8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Dorsett is a proper dickhead.

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'm surprised that some are saying he isn't a great loss, he absolutely is, he's one of our best and most important players.

Also, a few people have said that he was poor last season, I'd strongly disagree with that, his stats are up there with anybody's.

I'm glad the club stuck to their guns but gutted that he's going. 

You're right, he was a great player for us and we will miss him. His presence and ability to bring the ball out were brilliant for us. I think Soyuncu has the ability to be as good on the ball, and hopefully with Evans he can develop just as Maguire has.

But, £80/85mill for a good CB was ridiculous money. We would've been ludicrous to reject that. We'd began preparing last year, Soyuncu has settled into the squad and Benkovic is a promising player waiting to step up.

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Dorsett is a proper dickhead.

I've said it before but the club should ban him from the ground. His role in all of this, unsettling Harry and generally bringing negative press to the club shouldn't be forgotten about. He's been completely disrespectful to the club.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MPH said:

We signed  Maguire from a relegated Hull.  Looked so much better with good players around him..

Maguire was only 17m though not 45m. For 45m I would expect a very good established player I'm not sure on Ake or Dunk at those values.

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I've said it before but the club should ban him from the ground. His role in all of this, unsettling Harry and generally bringing negative press to the club shouldn't be forgotten about. He's been completely disrespectful to the club.

All Leicester fans should cancel Sky sports and protest at the Sky games. 

Sky Sports what wankers, what wankers Sky Sports what wankers

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Who reported this bollocks?

’He preferred a move to Utd’ lol If Pep offered us the money now, Maggy would jump straight over to MC and sign straight up.

Lost a lot of respect for Sky Sports over the last few weeks. They’ve always talked bollocks, never know what’s really going on. It’s a shame it’s took me until now to realise this.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You're right, he was a great player for us and we will miss him. His presence and ability to bring the ball out were brilliant for us. I think Soyuncu has the ability to be as good on the ball, and hopefully with Evans he can develop just as Maguire has.

But, £80/85mill for a good CB was ridiculous money. We would've been ludicrous to reject that. We'd began preparing last year, Soyuncu has settled into the squad and Benkovic is a promising player waiting to step up.

I rate Soyuncu really highly too. Just bothers me that people seem to think that he'll slip seamlessly into Harry's boots and perform at a similar level. I think that's a very tall order and in reality, probably isn't going to happen. I think a lot of people are underestimating how good Harry is if they think he can be replaced so easily.* Also, IMHO, the CBs we've been linked to: Dunk, Tarkowski, Ake - none of these guys are anywhere near Harry's level.

*ps I'm not saying you think this! This is the gist I get from reading the last few pages.

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

Who reported this bollocks?

’He preferred a move to Utd’ lol If Pep offered us the money now, Maggy would jump straight over to MC and sign straight up.

Lost a lot of respect for Sky Sports over the last few weeks. They’ve always talked bollocks, never know what’s really going on. It’s a shame it’s took me until now to realise this.

Genuinely a poor article; so much shit to suit their argument and views. But it should now die down and they'll leave us alone now.

Exactly! If Man City came in with the same offer he'd be over to them in a flash. 

Same for me, I can't be doing with a lot of the crap they dig out. Days of them having the latest news are gone, the likes of John Percy get accurate info before sky and don't drip feed you bs.

We will definitely miss him in our defence. I think its very premature to believe otherwise given the lack of game time the two youngsters in waiting have coupled with Evans being prone to injury. Can we afford to not have a replacement? I would say no.

On the plus side it’s clear we need to add goals to the team to push for higher places and the fee from the sale of Maguire at least gives us some money to do that.

Attracting top talent to Leicester in the first place is an argument for another day.

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I rate Soyuncu really highly too. Just bothers me that people seem to think that he'll slip seamlessly into Harry's boots and perform at a similar level. I think that's a very tall order and in reality, probably isn't going to happen. I think a lot of people are underestimating how good Harry is if they think he can be replaced so easily.* Also, IMHO, the CBs we've been linked to: Dunk, Tarkowski, Ake - none of these guys are anywhere near Harry's level.

*ps I'm not saying you think this! This is the gist I get from reading the last few pages.

I feel that, as much as I think Soyuncu will come in and do a great job, it's going to take time for the 2 to settle and a partnership to form. 

Harry is a class act, im just hoping our recruitment is good enough to fill that gap.

The 3 mentioned are all good players in their own right, but the prices quoted, they aren t worth it.