Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, NeilLCFC said:

I hope you get free soon cos you seem to be trapped inside the year 2008.

Makes us look even more like mugs then doesn't it when we bought him for just under 20m 2 years ago.

People need to look at it as a neutral and not because they are leicester fans.

Question would you sign maguire for 80m.

Anyone who says yes are deluded. Utd have bought him because they are desperate.

I'm not saying hes a shit defender because he isn't and he is great on the ball but my god he isn't even in the top 10 best CB's in the world. 

I would even dare to say that Evan's is above maguire in all aspects by a million miles.

Soyunchu shows so much promise he will be better than maguire given playing time.

Benković the jury is still out but what I seen at Celtic hes extremely good. Strong and physical.

We do not need to sign another CB we are just as strong without maguire.

So people.need to take the sand out the fannys and  realise we got 60m more than we should of for a OK CB and be excited for the club to recruit better players for our starting 11

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Genuinely a poor article; so much shit to suit their argument and views. But it should now die down and they'll leave us alone now.

Exactly! If Man City came in with the same offer he'd be over to them in a flash. 

Same for me, I can't be doing with a lot of the crap they dig out. Days of them having the latest news are gone, the likes of John Percy get accurate info before sky and don't drip feed you bs.

I remember the days when Sky would bring you the breaking news before anyone else, and they were a good watch. But now it’s all a guessing game, making up bollocks to get a story going, to add fuel to something that probably isn’t true. Also the reporters are all twats. Anything underneath the top 6, there not bothered about it.

I think from now I will take anything from Sky Sports with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

This is exactly why breaking into the top 4 or 6 is so difficult. The top 3 or 4 clubs do not blood their own youngsters or talent so much they just prey on others. Its like a food chain in the jungle! It won't ever change and the likes of sky and the media in general just fuel this behaviour. 

That said 80 mill is insane and we just need to use this wisely. We planned for harry leaving last season by bringing benks and soyuncu in. Now we need to plan for vards slowing down because no matter how super human that guy is age isn't on his side. 

Buy a vardy replacement. Are any of the avengers free? Because filling this guy's boots next season or season after is going to be far more difficult than slabheads.

Edited by Walshie is God
Spelling
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

He loves a slide

Not as good as Harry but better than Dunk and a lot better than Kabasele.

My concern is that Harry was the height in our back four and won more than his fair share of aerial duels. Tarkowski is relatively short for a CB. My worry is that, with a lack of height in our back 4, we would potentially be very vulnerable to set plays.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 3

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's funny how media were treating us at the bad guys for holding out for this record fee, yet now it's been accepted, we're being almost 'cheered on' for getting United to pay it 

Sky in particular had a problem with us because in a fairly quiet transfer market the Maguire deal was seen by them as a domino effect chance for some deals, that and they are tossers.

25 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I remember the days when Sky would bring you the breaking news before anyone else, and they were a good watch. But now it’s all a guessing game, making up bollocks to get a story going, to add fuel to something that probably isn’t true. Also the reporters are all twats. Anything underneath the top 6, there not bothered about it.

I think from now I will take anything from Sky Sports with a pinch of salt.

Spot on. With all the journos around the world on Twitter now, SSN is virtually obsolete. Other than deadline day where they can quickly sum it all up, they are a waste of time. 

As for who you spend the money on. Nathan Ake would be my choice. Tarkowski and Dunk are cloggers IMO. No matter who you go for the fee will be through the roof though. 

• Like 3

All this reporting from sky about man utd holding firm etc is exactly what I predicted earlier in the thread. Deal was done at 80m and utd would spin it to make it look like we wanted more (85-90m) so they could make us look greedy and that it was them in the driving seat. Pure bollox.  We have had them bent over royally and shown the world we are no easy touch.

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Sky in particular had a problem with us because in a fairly quiet transfer market the Maguire deal was seen by them as a domino effect chance for some deals, that and they are tossers.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here mate.

They were looking like right twats devoting three shows a day to transfers and then having no actual transfers to talk about. Harry's move is the first domino as you say and they badly needed it to happen so they did everything they could externally.

To be fair, @LinekersApples has said all along that this would trigger a chain reaction. Interested to see who we bring in over the next week. A good defender and a top winger and that's a terrific window imho.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

He loves a slide

Interesting... if we do buy a CB in this window, I’d rather it be Tarkowski.  

I get the feeling that means we keep Benkovic and Soyuncu as backup, and Morgan stays as emergency cover/figurehead? And does it also mean Amartey will be allowed to leave either on loan or permanently?

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

All this reporting from sky about man utd holding firm etc is exactly what I predicted earlier in the thread. Deal was done at 80m and utd would spin it to make it look like we wanted more (85-90m) so they could make us look greedy and that it was them in the driving seat. Pure bollox.  We have had them bent over royally and shown the world we are no easy touch.

They can spin it how they like but everybody knows they've paid a record fee for our second best centre half.

At this price agreed, he should be considered as one of the greatest defenders around.

But, despite how reliable he has been in general, he has made some errors last season which question if he's one of the 'elite' defenders of today.

Quite stunned at this agreed fee, he should be closer to the £50m mark.

If I was a Man United fan, I'd be pretty nervous about this signing - any mistakes from him, and he'll be quite severely questioned and his reputation/decision to come to a club with very high expectations will be shot at almost immediately.

He may well regret going to a club like that; they may seem a prestigious club based on their well-regarded historical past, but since Sir Alex Ferguson left they've become quite a joke and helpless one really.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 2

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head here mate.

They were looking like right twats devoting three shows a day to transfers and then having no actual transfers to talk about. Harry's move is the first domino as you say and they badly needed it to happen so they did everything they could externally.

To be fair, @LinekersApples has said all along that this would trigger a chain reaction. Interested to see who we bring in over the next week. A good defender and a top winger and that's a terrific window imho.

I think at times the sky coverage was almost as if they were agents for man United,  ethicaly as a media organisation very worrying. 

11 minutes ago, car1os said:

Interesting... if we do buy a CB in this window, I’d rather it be Tarkowski.  

I get the feeling that means we keep Benkovic and Soyuncu as backup, and Morgan stays as emergency cover/figurehead? And does it also mean Amartey will be allowed to leave either on loan or permanently?

Good player, but I always thought at 6' and a bit he was a bit of a shortarse ...   not the be all and end all I know but it helps to be 'big' ...  and he's only 81 kgs.   As a comparison Dunk is nearly 6' 4" and 7kgs heavier ...     just saying.

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Good player, but I always thought at 6' and a bit he was a bit of a shortarse ...   not the be all and end all I know but it helps to be 'big' ...  and he's only 81 kgs.   As a comparison Dunk is nearly 6' 4" and 7kgs heavier ...     just saying.

6 Foot 1.  that extra inch makes all the difference (apparently).

Look who "people" also search the height of :dunno:

image.png.f1b0c606edd93e4d4d520088d0ccb422.png

• Haha 1

We did OK without him last night, he'll be missed of course, but not enough for it to cost us places in the league (or gain Man. Utd. places)

It was interesting to hear Rodgers choice of words during his interview "things happen to manufacture a deal..." so bloody true we're still some way from getting one of those places at the top table - although we had their pants down on price they still walked away with one of our key players.

4 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

9cm from him and Maguire though? I would say that’s a big difference 

35 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Not as good as Harry but better than Dunk and a lot better than Kabasele.

My concern is that Harry was the height in our back four and won more than his fair share of aerial duels. Tarkowski is relatively short for a CB. My worry is that, with a lack of height in our back 4, we would potentially be very vulnerable to set plays.

I’d disagree.  I think he is as good as Harry, both have different attributes. I’d say JT is a better defender that Harry on the ground he’s quicker, positionally better and doesn’t go on long meandering runs... I agree with losing Maguire as a presence, but he wasn’t a stranger to set play errors himself. 

Having said that I don’t think we will look to replace him. Soyuncu and Benkovic will eventually be our CB paring, and from what I’ve read about Benko he’s got bags of potential. No need to panic, Harry is not the best defender in the league, and I personally don’t think we’re any worse off without him. 

Plus with Evans the younger lads have a good mentor. We will be fine, top 6 is still the target for me, just with an extra £85m to splash on a top class attacking player.

6 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Just under 6'1" Apples ...   but a couple of flaps of those lugs might add a few inches to his jump I suppose ...   :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

9cm from him and Maguire though? I would say that’s a big difference 

Agreed. However, I think we will miss him bringing the ball out rather than his height.

It all makes no difference really as we are becoming a “you score 3 and we’ll score 4” team IMO :scarf:

• Like 1