Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Remember walking out after the arsenal game and saying to my pal, I reckon Maguire would go this summer..  We thought about 60m after the season he had would be a good deal for us.

United inflated their own price by signing Wan Bissaka for 55m. Think this is a great bit of business from our club. 

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

Absolute rubbish everyone has a price. Liverpool couldn't keep hold of Suarez,  man utd ronaldo ,spurs bale , Barcelona even loss their star striker,  it's modern football. 

Can’t agree, We’ve managed to keep hold of Morgan.

2 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

Sorry but as much as I didn't want him to go, he is far from a brilliant footballer, he is a very good defender but he is not world class,  and for 80 mill +  you expect to buy world class .

What World Class footballer can you buy for 80m?

It isn’t 2009 anymore.

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

Well, gentlemen - it seems to have happened.

Do we even have time to get a proper replacement in? I’m skeptical.

If we want one 6 days is plenty time but we’ll have to pay a premium for them 

52 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

We're aiming for the top 6 (it will take more time than you think). But if you think that MU are going to stay in limbo for long or that we have the means to regularly challenge them, then I'm sorry but you're deluded.

I meant this window/season. 

27 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I meant this window/season. 

Rival for one season doesn't mean lot to me. When you say rival I rather think of Everton, West Ham, Wolves.

Imo our push for the top 6 also heavily depends on how bad the actual big fish will do. The biggest unknowns being Chelsea and MU, both having unproven managers with little PL experience. Chelsea, despite losing Hazard, have a much better team/bench than us, so it really depends on Lampard. For MU, 6th is as bad as it can get. Their actual floor is actually what we're aiming for. They were shit last season, yet still managed to let Wolves (7th) 11 points behind. I don't know if people realize how big of a gap it is. 

So if the stars are aligned and everything goes well for us, Brendan getting the most of a young, very promising team, Chelsea misfiring and MU continuing their slump then we have a real chance of breaking through. But realistically I see us ending anywhere between 7th and 9th. We'll see.

Edited by That_Dude

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You are missing the point if you think the fans are cared about the money. 

Leicester have called the shots on Man U in transfer negotiations. The power game is skewed on transfers. 

I have seen one or two posts which gave justification as maguire having no motivation, the rest clearly by money.

I never said we didnt call the shots.  If we didnt call the shots I wouldnt be blaming the club.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

With respect Brendan has a better idea than me or you if they’re good enough, we have to trust him.

Nope.

This will be a panic buy for a player that will cost a unrealistic 40m which will offer no upgrade and zero return for a ageing CB.

We must avoid dunk and Tark.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

lol do you not see the irony in this post?

You sound like a Man United fan.

Ah right so because UTD are stupid enough to pay over the odds does not mean we should follow suit.

Maguire is a 20m defender nothing more as I have stated numerous times.