Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 minute ago, LinekersApples said:

Agreed. However, I think we will miss him bringing the ball out rather than his height.

It all makes no difference really as we are becoming a “you score 3 and we’ll score 4” team IMO :scarf:

I think that’s what we will miss most too plus his presence with attacking free kicks and corners

I still think we will have a good season but if we get a quality winger and a CB it could be a great one! 

Just now, chapero82 said:

I think that’s what we will miss most too plus his presence with attacking free kicks and corners

I still think we will have a good season but if we get a quality winger and a CB it could be a great one! 

Did HMs presence free up space for JE or is JE just a better timer of runs?

Evans always seemed to get more opportunities than Maguire. A few last night too, even in his absence.

• Like 2

I am gonna miss Harry. I love his attitude and his menacing runs with the ball. Also I am a bit dissappointed, that he wants to skip the potential of this Leicester team to go to a Man Utd team in turmoil, but I guess an institution in world football even in turmoil is too big of a draw and chance not to take. 

All the best to Harry, but I honestly hope this Man Utd rebuild is not going to work out and their frustrations keep mounting. The Man Utd fans in the 00s were unbearable and I like them humble these days. 

• Like 2

I don't think we're ever going to see any better than Morgan and Huth's partnership for defensive strengths - intimidating opponents, outmuscling opponents, clearing crosses, making blocks, and just the general physical side of the game. But then again our style is changing and we need players who are also comfortable on ball and able to start attacks. I would like to see how Benkovic does because I feel like we need another tall player in the team so we're not vulnerable at getting beat in the air.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Agreed. However, I think we will miss him bringing the ball out rather than his height.

It all makes no difference really as we are becoming a “you score 3 and we’ll score 4” team IMO :scarf:

Cags can do that ..  just need to stretch his neck a few inches, so he looks like Evans, and we're sorted ! ...

3 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

He’s (Tarkowski) a very good player. Underrated dare I say 

After just reading his stats I think you are right on that (being underrated)

5 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Evans always seemed to get more opportunities than Maguire. A few last night too, even in his absence.

I hope it’s that ?

Edited by chapero82

11 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

I think we need to get another CB in or I am a little afraid, that we gonna see a bit too much Captain Morgan with Evans and Benkovic seemingly both a bit injury prone.

Agree. Morgan wouldn’t last a full season playing but is still a good option to fill in. Benkovic has played very little, if none, football at this level, Soyuncu is only just finding his feet, leaving Evans as our only guaranteed starter at centre back.

20 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Cags can do that ..  just need to stretch his neck a few inches, so he looks like Evans, and we're sorted ! ...

Not sure if it’s a confidence thing, but he didn’t at all last night, it was very much a Morgan/Huth-esque turn around and hit it back to Kasper every time, even a few times when it looks like we could have broken forwards. 

26 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

I think Evans is a terrific player, and a great mentor for Benko and Soyuncu.

• Like 1

We definately need another one or two centre backs brought in with Wes getting to the twilight of his career and with both Benkovic and Soyuncu not playing that much for us. maybe another experienced defender and then a young talented one who can learn the ropes like Chilwell has done.

9 minutes ago, danny. said:

Not sure if it’s a confidence thing, but he didn’t at all last night, it was very much a Morgan/Huth-esque turn around and hit it back to Kasper every time, even a few times when it looks like we could have broken forwards. 

As it stands I'd have thought he's Evan's partner against Wolves. Probably just wanted to cement his chance and get through the game with minimal scares.

• Like 1