Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Where is it written in stone that Leicester can't build their own dynasty around players like Maguire and Maddison? Why are all the "Not Big" clubs seemingly obligated to feed the likes of Manchester City and United their best young players? 

Southampton has been selling off their best players for the past several years (mostly to Liverpool), and all that the money has gotten them is to turn them into a club perennially fighting relegation -- which will happen soon enough.

Edited by Pentatonic
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Minus 15% we owe Hull is about 56 million

Presumably 15% of the profit. Althought that only makes a couple of mill difference. 

Thinks out loud - what happens with these sell-on deals if we sell for a lower fee but plus a player? 

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Presumably 15% of the profit. Althought that only makes a couple of mill difference. 

Thinks out loud - what happens with these sell-on deals if we sell for a lower fee but plus a player? 

There must be a mechanism for valuation of the player 

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Minus 15% we owe Hull is about 56 million

£58m for a 26 year old who's got limitations. I get why this will be unpopular to some but I think the money could be used elsewhere to kick us on. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

£58m for a 26 year old who's got limitations. I get why this will be unpopular to some but I think the money could be used elsewhere to kick us on. 

We don’t have a pot to piss in?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Not convinced we have the ability to spend £35m + Silva for Tielemans and then go and spend £30m on a winger and another £20m on a striker.

I thought we were backing Rodgers this summer? I doubt he would come on board just for promising young players obviously the the vision of the club is the main reason, but I expect Top to back him.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I thought we were backing Rodgers this summer? I doubt he would come on board just for promising young players obviously the the vision of the club is the main reason, but I expect Top to back him.

Why did you think that? Because some fraud hack reported us spending big and people jumped on it.

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

We paid 17 million for him, if we sell him for 65 million minus 15% , that’s 65 - 9.75 which is 55.25 million, minus the 17 equals 38.25 million profit, which just about covers YT, as long as we can keep Wes going for a few more years, we’re rockin.

50 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

That goes with out saying though, if Youri signs the record will be beaten by 10m if it’s 40m possibly more.

If it ends up offset by Maguire fee, I don’t think we will end up (net) spending much more than other seasons 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

49 days left  :)