Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well there is considering Mahrez went for less and he’s not even close as a player or as important to us. Said all along that was a far more realistic figure than the absolute nonsense of £80/£90m.

I agree that it's the correct figure if we wanted to sell and he was running down his contract but Maguire hasn't kicked off or downed tools and we don't look like we want to sell. I could see it being 65 if we got a player in return that was worth about 10-15 added. 

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well there is considering Mahrez went for less and he’s not even close as a player or as important to us. Said all along that was a far more realistic figure than the absolute nonsense of £80/£90m.

Completely different circumstances.

You won't find Harry hanging around airports or going on strike. 

1 hour ago, Daveb5569 said:

£65 million, this could be the deal that then gives us the green light to sign Tielemans, what would people rather let Maguire go, bring in Tielemans, or have Maguire stay and lose out on Tielemans, I think we have centre backs covered 

But those are not our only options.  We don't have to sell one of our best players.  I'd rather we sold Gray, Silva and Slimani to fund Tielemans.

12 minutes ago, murphy said:

Completely different circumstances.

You won't find Harry hanging around airports or going on strike. 

Nobody has any idea how much he wants to move, especially if Man City have an option on the table. 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Nobody has any idea how much he wants to move, especially if Man City have an option on the table. 

When Mahrez was having his hissy fits, we got hear about it, just as we did with the airport fiasco, the depression insult and the strike.  I was so thoroughly sick of him I was desperate for him to go and that is why we accepted a bid below thw club's valuation imo.

Harry may want to go, he may accept not going, but there is a difference between wanting to go and throwing your toys out of the pram.  We haven't heard anything about Harry agitating and that is why we can hold out for more and not get stitched up by Man City for a third time.  

It's not enough.  If the choice is £65m (minus 15%) or keeping him, I would keep him. 

Edited by murphy

50 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Not sure what is more fatal for his career prospects - signing for Fulham or being managed by Claudio lol

Claudio is a joke isn’t he…?  A total disaster for the careers of anyone he’s ever managed….  I mean what has he ever achieved???  Ha!

5 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Claudio is a joke isn’t he…?  A total disaster for the careers of anyone he’s ever managed….  I mean what has he ever achieved???  Ha!

Yep his career has been on an incredible trajectory since 2016 :ph34r:

So what happened to Leicester’s stance on won’t listen to offers of Less than the £80m they value Maguire, is this deal a £65m cash and a fringe player coming to us I’d take Foden Pep ? and not a bad pay rise too nearly £500k a month ?

Looks like hull will get a nice wedge coming their way when the sale goes through and I’m wondering if we have a sell on clause for if/when Man City sell him on, just hope we don’t let him go on the cheap just because Man City don’t want to pay the £80m asking price £65m isn’t a bad price but that extra £15m could go towards a decent winger ?

They will prob offer £60m and Delph. And United will offer us £60m and Jones. Honestly can't see anyone paying our asking price so unless he does a Mahrez or Drinkwater, I don't think he'll go.