Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Job

On 23/03/2019 at 11:02, Wakeyfox said:

Own a recruitment agency

What kind of markets mate?

On 24/03/2019 at 17:10, ajthefox said:

I'm an architect.

Nice, was what I wanted to do when I was younger but messed up a couple of my A levels and didn't get anywhere near what I needed for an Architecture course at uni. 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Mainly temp cover in the distribution sector. 

We're based in Wakefield so cover most of West and south Yorkshire, which has a huge number of distribution companies. 

39 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

Mainly temp cover in the distribution sector. 

We're based in Wakefield so cover most of West and south Yorkshire, which has a huge number of distribution companies. 

Nice, seems like fast turnaround stuff. I get bored here as the stuff is very technical and quite high level, but people just take an age to do anything and things just tail off all the time. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nice, seems like fast turnaround stuff. I get bored here as the stuff is very technical and quite high level, but people just take an age to do anything and things just tail off all the time. 

Yeah, we used to do more perm stuff but just got sick of people taking an age to get back to you on anything...

The temp stuff is really fast paced - usually have people out working the day after they've been in to see us - been doing it for 20 years and still love it, not really like a job.

Which industry do you recruit for?

On 24/03/2019 at 17:30, Unabomber said:

Cool job

It has it's ups and downs like anything but on the whole it's pretty interesting.

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nice, was what I wanted to do when I was younger but messed up a couple of my A levels and didn't get anywhere near what I needed for an Architecture course at uni. 

Yeah it's pretty competitive, more so these days with A*s available. There is an apprenticeship scheme (validated by the professional body in the UK) started last year which is aiming to make it a more accessible profession but interestingly some of the best people I studied with got into uni by doing foundation degrees or something artistic at college. 

24 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

It has it's ups and downs like anything but on the whole it's pretty interesting.

Yeah it's pretty competitive, more so these days with A*s available. There is an apprenticeship scheme (validated by the professional body in the UK) started last year which is aiming to make it a more accessible profession but interestingly some of the best people I studied with got into uni by doing foundation degrees or something artistic at college. 

Do you work on residential homes? What kind of stuff are you doing?

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Do you work on residential homes? What kind of stuff are you doing?

Yeah, private residential stuff is the majority of our workload and we're working on a few housing schemes at the minute as well. Few commercial projects too.

20 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What does Lamby do? 

'Asking for a friend.' :)

Don’t get me started on him.

loads were trying to help him when he wanted help and he ended up calling me a cvnt a few weeks later and hoped I would die because I shot a rat.

if he knew me I could understand it! 

Really pissed me off,which is hard to do.Wasted valuable time trying to help and he was so ungrateful.

im sure @Finnegan shared the same views.

• Like 1