Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Questions for Brendan Rodgers

6 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I think your woefully misinformed my friend, for example he actually played for Celtic long before he was manager.

Throughout Celtic's history our most prominent figures have been protestant, Jock Stein, Kenny Dalglish, Danny McGrain, Scott Brown, etc, etc.  I could go on all day.

It was Rangers who had the Sectarian policy up until the early 1990's so much so that a legendary quote of Jock Stein's was that if he was given the choice of signing a catholic or a protestant he would always sign the latter as he knew Rangers would never sign the former.

All the above aside it's dark ages stuff all this religon nonsense, it's football I'm and we all should be interested in.  As long as folk like yourself continue to pontificate about religon within football the problems associated with it will never go away.  

In short, give it a rest.

I’m more informed now , and your right load of old rubbish so it’s best left in the past 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I think your woefully misinformed my friend, for example he actually played for Celtic long before he was manager.

Throughout Celtic's history our most prominent figures have been protestant, Jock Stein, Kenny Dalglish, Danny McGrain, Scott Brown, etc, etc.  I could go on all day.

It was Rangers who had the Sectarian policy up until the early 1990's so much so that a legendary quote of Jock Stein's was that if he was given the choice of signing a catholic or a protestant he would always sign the latter as he knew Rangers would never sign the former.

All the above aside it's dark ages stuff all this religon nonsense, it's football I'm and we all should be interested in.  As long as folk like yourself continue to pontificate about religon within football the problems associated with it will never go away.  

In short, give it a rest.

Absolutely well said!! I agree entirely. Before spouting 'facts' it's fitting for people to check if their facts are right first before posting as well. False information fuels bigotry. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Can we go back to the “spit or swallow” style questions please?

I come on here for ‘fun’

This is one of those threads you laugh at the first handful of posts, leave it for a day or so and come back to it turning into this ?

• Like 1

I have only so much quality time with the Brodge ... but I managed to get y’all some answers.

On 23/03/2019 at 13:33, kingfox said:

Are you having an affair with Kolo Toure?

masseur2.JPG.8d98a3d88376871a19d4d2f27a39385d.JPG

get real mate.  he’s my masseur.

On 23/03/2019 at 10:56, Izzy said:

How do you get your teeth to look so shiny white?

whiten.JPG.2241bc2f790418ce2103c6c06476884b.JPG

I like to soak an orange in Clorox for 48 hours, then suck that thing for all I’m worth.

On 23/03/2019 at 10:41, IsItMuzzy said:

What happened to Cheese's Dinosaur?

dino.JPG.e5028e904d1ff7042977994dd91a41d7.JPG

took the Kermogant money and staged his own disappearance.

On 23/03/2019 at 17:03, WestLothianFox said:

Which is the best position?  Missionary or 69?

unicorn.JPG.3e1746a799971f9924e585744aa0fe1c.JPG

unicorn.

On 23/03/2019 at 16:01, Wymeswold fox said:

Do you feel guilty in leaving Celtic, whilst they're on course of a treble?

BRlaugh.JPG.6fd1ee1adff7fa32c01d314981c5133d.JPG

stop, just stop!  you’re killing me.

On 23/03/2019 at 15:59, Aus Fox said:

On what you’ve seen so far, who is the thickest player at the club?

1007850846_HMslab.JPG.102914d259f81f1deba67b1918048813.JPG    KI.JPG.25783d6c8b05ba36ccb62cc14900c6a6.JPG

thickest in what sense?

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Have you " smelt the mince", yet?

mince.JPG.937a4e05c0870f34ac0c1bb34e2c9b3e.JPG

crap!  I thought it was “minced the smelt”.

On 23/03/2019 at 14:45, Ric Flair said:

Can you explain away Lee Congerton's appalling failures at Hamburg and Sunderland. Also, why is he vilified by Celtic fans as well

2many.JPG.37d585771dbc046b693715a0e9c8a4b0.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Never thought i'd be back here commenting. Only joined post the horrible tragedy earlier this year to express my commiserations.
Anyway, As a liverpool fan. I'll be wary of Rodgers, He can make his teams play attractive football and has proven to have the ability to work with youngsters. But he's a bit too set in his ways to really change his gameplan and that might be his undoing.

That said, He's a good manager to have for a club having some youngsters but just make sure that you guys make him work with a transfer committee. He didn't get along too well with Edwards(Contrast that to the excellent relationship that Klopp and Edwards have) and pretty much wants to get his transfers. Don't see him getting a top level job with his weaknesses and Leicester should look to replacing him with someone better after 2-3 years. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sithbaare said:

Never thought i'd be back here commenting. Only joined post the horrible tragedy earlier this year to express my commiserations.
Anyway, As a liverpool fan. I'll be wary of Rodgers, He can make his teams play attractive football and has proven to have the ability to work with youngsters. But he's a bit too set in his ways to really change his gameplan and that might be his undoing.

That said, He's a good manager to have for a club having some youngsters but just make sure that you guys make him work with a transfer committee. He didn't get along too well with Edwards(Contrast that to the excellent relationship that Klopp and Edwards have) and pretty much wants to get his transfers. Don't see him getting a top level job with his weaknesses and Leicester should look to replacing him with someone better after 2-3 years. 

I think he is ideal for us right now, his track record improving players is second to none and that was what was essential with the crop of talent we have at the minute. He is also a motivator which is something Puel clearly wasn't and getting the fans to hang off his every word has been very easy for him so far, it's what we were missing for the fans to buy in to this new direction we are going in as a club and sometimes that's the difference in the feelgood factor about the place. For whatever reason, it felt like something was absent under Puel and even with the promising group of players it felt negative and soulless. Rodgers has brought us an identity quite quickly and we have some charisma and passion to get behind.

The transfers issue is a slight worry as our head of recruitment has just left after angling for a move for months now and all the reports are pointing towards Rodgers getting his own man in, in this Lee Congerton who's track record is abysmal to say the least. It seems we might have been woohed by Rodgers as a club and will give him free reign, previously our managers have gone up against our DOF, who is immovable but Rodgers and Rudkin go back years so there's a mutual friendship that might afford him more leeway than previous managers. We have been fairly good at recruiting since the title winning summer disaster but this is a worry that it's all changing again. I do feel we have the foundations to kick on and a coach who will improve the current players, so if we could get a replacement for Macia who is equally as good, if not better then we might see some more success.

7 hours ago, Sithbaare said:

Can't wait for Rodgers to prove you wrong and make Leicester a top 4-6 club, provided he has support from the owners. Unlike what he had at Liverpool.

FSG, Edwards and moneyball........ good riddance.

@SO1 don't you think that you're being a bit too harsh? He just stated his opinion about Rodgers and fair bits of it are quite true.

As for top 4-6 team, it ain't gonna happen before a very long time. Unless Rodgers pulls up trees in the next 5-6 seasons.

Edited by That_Dude

37 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

@SO1 don't you think that you're being a bit too harsh? He just stated his opinion about Rodgers and fair bits of it are quite true.

As for top 4-6 team, it ain't gonna happen before a very long time. Unless Rodgers pulls up trees in the next 5-6 seasons.

It's just made up from anecdotal evidence. Same old same old. Unless he can prove it of course. Which he/she can't. Happy to sit back and watch Rodgers prove all the naysayers wrong. Especially the misguided Liverpool ones.

That's my opinion.

Will you take the cup competitions seriously to win a trophy!

what will you do to tighten up the defence, so we concede less goals!

what are your priorities regarding transfers!! Areas to strengthen!

Do you have a long term plan/vision for Leicester to become a regular top six team and how confident are you to achieving your goals at Leicester City!