Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Questions for Brendan Rodgers

50 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Is Brendan Catholic then?

How many non catholic Brendan’s do you know ? Also how many non catholics have managed Celtic , yes he is and was steeped in the Irish GAA sports , associates himself as a Fenian , couldn’t have managed Celtic without Such a background , very Similar to MON he also came from a GAA catholic Ulster background in fact Martins older brother I read was a GAA rising star at one stage. Me I couldn’t care less what religion he is or where he comes from as long as he is successful , I do have issues with Rice now playing for us he obviously saw himself as Irish and his IRA supporting outbursts shouldn’t be overlooked , would we be so quick to forgive if he was Muslim and supporting ISIS ??? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

How many non catholic Brendan’s do you know ? Also how many non catholics have managed Celtic , yes he is and was steeped in the Irish GAA sports , associates himself as a Fenian , couldn’t have managed Celtic without Such a background , very Similar to MON he also came from a GAA catholic Ulster background in fact Martins older brother I read was a GAA rising star at one stage. Me I couldn’t care less what religion he is or where he comes from as long as he is successful , I do have issues with Rice now playing for us he obviously saw himself as Irish and his IRA supporting outbursts shouldn’t be overlooked , would we be so quick to forgive if he was Muslim and supporting ISIS ??? 

Brendan Bateson? lol 

So he's a Fenian is he? That's interesting, telling even. Perhaps Brendan hid his sympathies from his Protestant mother.  :dunno:

I'm sorry you are angry.

3 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Brendan Bateson? lol 

So he's a Fenian is he? That's interesting, telling even. Perhaps Brendan hid his sympathies from his Protestant mother.  :dunno:

I'm sorry you are angry.

Fenian? 

You're only a few hundred years out of touch mate.

10 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Ever heard of Jock Stein? Pretty successful Celtic manager - and a Protestant.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Brendan Bateson? lol 

I'm sorry you are angry.

5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Brendan Bateson? lol 

I'm sorry you are angry.

brendon batson was that mans spelling mate :whistle:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Ever heard of Jock Stein? Pretty successful Celtic manager - and a Protestant.

And he got knocked back initially , but one thing for sure he wasn’t an Ulster man , Celtic will freeze in hell before an Orange ulster man would be given the job , same true for rangers , very ugly side of Scottish football the sectarian stuff , but it raises its head here occasionally “no surrender to the IRA” etc....   

Declan Rice must be the first player ever to have openly supported the IRA and play for England , maybe it’s a good thing that the past is in the past 

I’m delighted to have Rodgers but I do wonder how much grace he will get if the ship starts to take on water. 

2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

And he got knocked back initially , but one thing for sure he wasn’t an Ulster man , Celtic will freeze in hell before an Orange ulster man would be given the job , same true for rangers , very ugly side of Scottish football the sectarian stuff , but it raises its head here occasionally “no surrender to the IRA” etc....   

Declan Rice must be the first player ever to have openly supported the IRA and play for England , maybe it’s a good thing that the past is in the past 

I’m delighted to have Rodgers but I do wonder how much grace he will get if the ship starts to take on water. 

To be fair, it's always been Rangers who have more driven by sectarianism than Celtic.

Very hard to imagine a Catholic in any position of power at Ibrox, whereas Celtic have always been more pragmatic (as the Stein appointment illustrates).

As for Declan Rice, think it's hard to characterise him as an IRA supporter. More a silly kid trying to impress his mates. A convinced republican would never opt to play for England. Would you like to be judged on daft stuff you came out with when you were fifteen?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

I think the Declan Rice thing is an over the top non issue,  he must have been about fifteen for goodness sake. He was with an Irish team with Irish lads probably singing Irish songs with not a clue of the bigger issues or ramifications. How many of us, if there had been social media 40 yrs ago or when we were in our terns may well be regretting some things we said back then? To young people the Irish problems were all a part of history and their knowledge is mainly based on what's currently happening today and what they're taught at school, and that isn't in the curriculam. My son's friend, who is in our youth set up on a professional contract was given a chance to train and play for Wales  (Welsh parent) and as England hadn't shown any interest why shouldn't he? He got coached by Thierry Henri and Sol Campbell on a couple of occasions and experienced different training methods, playing abroad, fantastic opportunity!  Yet if you had asked him or my son at that age much about politics, paticularly historical outside of a bit of WW2 etc they'd look gone out at you, their brains revolved around football and getting on with their friends and teammates. I for one wish Declan Rice all the best of luck,  he's an exciting young talent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think the Declan Rice thing is an over the top non issue,  he must have been about fifteen for goodness sake. He was with an Irish team with Irish lads probably singing Irish songs with not a clue of the bigger issues or ramifications. How many of us, if there had been social media 40 yrs ago or when we were in our terns may well be regretting some things we said back then? To young people the Irish problems were all a part of history and their knowledge is mainly based on what's currently happening today and what they're taught at school, and that isn't in the curriculam. My son's friend, who is in our youth set up on a professional contract was given a chance to train and play for Wales  (Welsh parent) and as England hadn't shown any interest why shouldn't he? He got coached by Thierry Henri and Sol Campbell on a couple of occasions and experienced different training methods, playing abroad, fantastic opportunity!  Yet if you had asked him or my son at that age much about politics, paticularly historical outside of a bit of WW2 etc they'd look gone out at you, their brains revolved around football and getting on with their friends and teammates. I for one wish Declan Rice all the best of luck,  he's an exciting young talent.

Here is an alternative way to look at it , why are the UK leaving an Islamic school girl languishing in a hellhole because she supported a terrorist organisation when a kid , yet now we cap a man who also supported a terrorist organisation and sang their anthem when also a teenager , Im sorry but we all seem to look at the same issue and twist it to suit our needs