Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I can't see it being completely ready for July which is understandable given the weather/ 

Trust me it'll be ready, they are already well into second fixing and finishing. Structurally it looks solid and I note the external retaining walls finished nicely near the indoor pitch. The external works aren't far off in terms of levelling off and seeding. The sports hall is nearly there. The covered development pitch needs doing plus electrical ducting for the lighting/security/cameras etc. 

Unless there is a month long monsoon anytime soon then this training centre is sorted and then bring on our new selling tool for new players!! 

• Thanks 2

It all looks incredible! A real statement of intent, no expense spared! This looks better than st George's park and it makes liverpool's new one look like a pound shop training ground!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

slow-motion cranes and tractors.

Oh man, I can't cope.

Haha whoever our video editors are know nothing but slowmo and generic music.

Might be nice once in a while to make a documentary style video with interviews. 

45 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The sheer scale of that indoor pitch is amazing! 

Can imagine walking into that when it's finished being the difference when we're trying to sign the top players. 

Im not sure too many players visit clubs before deciding on a move these days - they just do what their agent tells them!  But word will quickly  get around the trade and I imagine some overseas club/international  teams will use it for training when they are over for games so will see for themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Haha whoever our video editors are know nothing but slowmo and generic music.

Might be nice once in a while to make a documentary style video with interviews. 

Yeah it got boring when they do the training videos where players just slowly jog around lol 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Im not sure too many players visit clubs before deciding on a move these days - they just do what their agent tells them!  But word will quickly  get around the trade and I imagine some overseas club/international  teams will use it for training when they are over for games so will see for themselves. 

We've had a few players that have either watched our games or googled all about our club. T'internet is the no.1 selling tool as far as I'm concerned so the fact that we are selling our club and its facilities online to bait players is fantastic. Praet said he streamed our game on the team bus at sampdoria and then decided he liked what he saw before committing.

Edited by UHDrive
  • Like 1

Don’t think it makes much difference in regards to potential signings. Spurs have a state of the art training ground and it’s not made much, if any difference at all for them. Obviously, there’s other factors in play but it’s probably more inconsequential than we like to think

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Don’t think it makes much difference in regards to potential signings. Spurs have a state of the art training ground and it’s not made much, if any difference at all for them. Obviously, there’s other factors in play but it’s probably more inconsequential than we like to think

I think spurs is a bad choice for comparison because they've had issues for a few years now, particularly the Eric Dier situation and players salaries. Spurs training ground is world class like ours will be, and the huge plus for prospective top 4/6 clubs like ours is the in-house player facilities for 1st team overnight stays etc. During transfer windows, having these facilities especially for European/international players to come over and have a "resort" to do medicals and finalise contracts in-house is a massive plus for the club.

23 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I think spurs is a bad choice for comparison because they've had issues for a few years now, particularly the Eric Dier situation and players salaries. Spurs training ground is world class like ours will be, and the huge plus for prospective top 4/6 clubs like ours is the in-house player facilities for 1st team overnight stays etc. During transfer windows, having these facilities especially for European/international players to come over and have a "resort" to do medicals and finalise contracts in-house is a massive plus for the club.

So have a disagreement with the wife and go over to the club for a sleepover. Some have all the luck.:P

On 03/03/2020 at 17:59, UHDrive said:

Trust me it'll be ready, they are already well into second fixing and finishing. Structurally it looks solid and I note the external retaining walls finished nicely near the indoor pitch. The external works aren't far off in terms of levelling off and seeding. The sports hall is nearly there. The covered development pitch needs doing plus electrical ducting for the lighting/security/cameras etc. 

Unless there is a month long monsoon anytime soon then this training centre is sorted and then bring on our new selling tool for new players!! 

Still confident? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Master Fox said:

So what are the main differences from having a nice shiny new training ground instead of a shit one? 

Easier to clean off viruses with those shiny new surfaces.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Was thinking this earlier - surely no way the manpower won’t be available through the next couple months to maintain completion - we couldn’t open without toilet rolls anyway ....

Thinking about it i would still hedge a bet that its either on time or close. In any case, it will be refreshing for the whole club to have something like a pot of gold curving towards the end of the par 4 9th after all this mess.