Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

On 15/03/2020 at 09:03, Bayfox said:

Nope. It was a fixed price tender. Handover is now 15 or 14 weeks away. And if they don't handover on time McLaren's have some serious penalties to pay.

Not if the government shut it down they wont.

9 hours ago, sylofox said:

Not if the government shut it down they wont.

Well there was no contingency leeway built in for the crap weather. In hindsight a bad choice.

Not sure they installed a covid 19 clause all that time ago lol

Heard a whisper building merchants and suppliers are set to close down in the next week or so. But would guess they have most materials on site so they maybe able to carry on. After all I'm sure the place is big enough to social distance lol although maybe a bit much asking 1 man to wire the whole place up.

• Haha 1

On 21/03/2020 at 01:24, Bayfox said:

Well there was no contingency leeway built in for the crap weather. In hindsight a bad choice.

Not sure they installed a covid 19 clause all that time ago lol

Heard a whisper building merchants and suppliers are set to close down in the next week or so. But would guess they have most materials on site so they maybe able to carry on. After all I'm sure the place is big enough to social distance lol although maybe a bit much asking 1 man to wire the whole place up.

There must be a Force Majeure Clause in the contract to cover situations like this. If not, then whoever checked the draft on behalf of the Contractor is incompetent. 

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

There must be a Force Majeure Clause in the contract to cover situations like this. If not, then whoever checked the draft on behalf of the Contractor is incompetent. 

Would not look good on the club enforcing penalties if the government shut it down.

On 25/03/2020 at 15:20, mozartfox said:

Will depend if they’ve included global pandemic in the wording won’t it?

10 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Will depend if they’ve included global pandemic in the wording won’t it?

I work on Ship Charter Contracts including Force Majeure Clauses on a regular basis.  Some drafters like the 'Act of God' term.  Now is a Global Pandemic and of God?   I can imagine Lawyers getting very fat in the wallet on that subject.  I will PM Nostradamus later as he is bored right now without any FT Match Day threads taking place.   

1 hour ago, LCFC247 said:

Good find. Don’t think we’ve had the media centre referenced before? At least not formally. And the indoor pitch use has a bit more clarity - before it’s been suggested it was for academy players to get used to a match experience - first time I’ve seen it referred to as a hub for the club’s first team “training regime, providing year-round training and integration with performance-monitoring technology.”

Still, very exciting. 

On 25/03/2020 at 08:34, st albans fox said:

I suspect high profile building projects like this will come under pressure to close ........

On 30/03/2020 at 23:20, Stevosevic said:

Most construction sites I know of are business as usual.

On 30/03/2020 at 23:27, Heathrow fox said:

The house building sites have mostly succumbed I’m afraid.

Although it might not be the best thing to do during this terrible situation we are in. I hate to say it to according to government guidelines, all sites are operational where it is safe to do so. 

If you're in the trade and on here stay safe people. 

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

Although it might not be the best thing to do during this terrible situation we are in. I hate to say it to according to government guidelines, all sites are operational where it is safe to do so. 

If you're in the trade and on here stay safe people. 

I work for an Engineering Consultancy, and all of the jobs we are involved in are still running, albeit, mainly large scale and schools. The housing sector has pretty much ceased though.  As you said, where it's safe, they are to continue, unless the Site Manager or Client deem otherwise. We are still expected to be doing site visits and snagging etc, though obviously in safe, minimal numbers, rather than the whole team rocking up at once. Using AR/camera fitted hard hats and similar technologies, some surveys are able to be conducted from home, with just one person on site with the tech, while others view and comment from home. 

• Like 1

Walked along the training ground yesterday and full steam ahead and looks truly awesome....  Trees and decor are sat waiting to go in..  car park barriers going up .. . No turf yet though on the most easterly pitches and the golf course looks like it will be a side project for when the main facility is done...   I know they had issues with Tarmac deliveries this week as it was deemed non essential work ...  Assume they got around that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikelcfc said:

Walked along the training ground yesterday and full steam ahead and looks truly awesome....  Trees and decor are sat waiting to go in..  car park barriers going up .. . No turf yet though on the most easterly pitches and the golf course looks like it will be a side project for when the main facility is done...   I know they had issues with Tarmac deliveries this week as it was deemed non essential work ...  Assume they got around that. 

Any sneaky photos?