Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

On 08/03/2020 at 16:40, Stadt said:

Don’t think it makes much difference in regards to potential signings. Spurs have a state of the art training ground and it’s not made much, if any difference at all for them. Obviously, there’s other factors in play but it’s probably more inconsequential than we like to think

Always thought it was more for the youth development.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Which given our flat refusal to change much in our academy for the last decade shows what a missed opportunity it will be in that regard.

I understand everyone hates Beaglehole but are there other things people want to change?

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Which given our flat refusal to change much in our academy for the last decade shows what a missed opportunity it will be in that regard.

With Chilwell, Choudhury and Barnes all in the first team and Dewsbury-Hall looking good on loan after getting a debut for us this season, that's surely pretty good for a prem team?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

With Chilwell, Choudhury and Barnes all in the first team and Dewsbury-Hall looking good on loan after getting a debut for us this season, that's surely pretty good for a prem team?

Looking purely at the output of graduates it looks good but watching the u23s is a chore. Generally, we field one of the oldest XIs, we favour physical players, don't have a great track record at sorting out loans, keep talented u18s marooned there and try far too hard to win a meaningless PL 2 title. There's little point in world class training facilities if we have the same youth coaches we've had for about 2 decades.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Looking purely at the output of graduates it looks good but watching the u23s is a chore. Generally, we field one of the oldest XIs, we favour physical players, don't have a great track record at sorting out loans, keep talented u18s marooned there and try far too hard to win a meaningless PL 2 title. There's little point in world class training facilities if we have the same youth coaches we've had for about 2 decades.

The loans aren’t too bad. We tried to flog Hirst to league one on loan but no one wanted him. Everyone complained Ndukwu was stuck in the u23s but then he failed to do much on loan. We eventually got Hughes out the door but then he did little in league. KDH and Knight have had decent loans. Chil, Barnes and Hamza too.

I want to know if people mean “I don’t like Beaglehole” when they complain about the academy. The criticism about physical football is a good one his football. But, honestly, as an academy overall we should be very proud of all those involved.

I grew up thinking Lineker and Heskey were anomalies. But kids growing up now will see Chilwell, Hamza, Barnes, KDH and Knight as local boys who, come next season, succeeded on a world stage. And, regardless of feelings towards Beaglehole, we should be proud of all the staff: who started all this at our lowest ebb.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The loans aren’t too bad. We tried to flog Hirst to league one on loan but no one wanted him. Everyone complained Ndukwu was stuck in the u23s but then he failed to do much on loan. We eventually got Hughes out the door but then he did little in league. KDH and Knight have had decent loans. Chil, Barnes and Hamza too.

I want to know if people mean “I don’t like Beaglehole” when they complain about the academy. The criticism about physical football is a good one his football. But, honestly, as an academy overall we should be very proud of all those involved.

I grew up thinking Lineker and Heskey were anomalies. But kids growing up now will see Chilwell, Hamza, Barnes, KDH and Knight as local boys who, come next season, succeeded on a world stage. And, regardless of feelings towards Beaglehole, we should be proud of all the staff: who started all this at our lowest ebb.

Also the likes of Liam Moore and Schlupp we arent bad (obviously could be better) at developing talent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toddybad said:

I could be (and probably am) wrong but didn't they all (bar KDH perhaps) benefit from Idiakez's coaching before he was told to bugger off?

18 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I could be (and probably am) wrong but didn't they all (bar KDH perhaps) benefit from Idiakez's coaching before he was told to bugger off?

He wasn’t told to bugger off. He left because he wanted to work with Pearson. But surely our academy is more than just one man.

Edited by Foxxed

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We are building a training facility to rival the best in Europe, we need an academy to match the best. We are so far behind in producing players. I've said it time and time again what is the point in holding back U18's from the U23's? Look at the U23 team, of all the loans none of them are in the Championship, 1 is performing well at Blackpool and 1 at Rotherham. 1 can't win his place back at Peterborough and the rest are on the periphery. It's a diabolical output.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal all produced more academy first team players than us in recent years as well as having countless players out on loan around Europe and at Championship level, Man City are littered with academy players that have moved to top leagues, likewise Liverpool. Tottenham probably the one team about on a par with us for bringing through 3-4 1st team players a few years ago and then not got a great deal else in the pipeline, incidentally a club who have tried to mix it with the elite and built top level facilities.

Perhaps it takes time for all this to come to fruition but as I've seen very little change in the way our academy operates, I fail to see how this will happen without significant changes in which case it will prove my point.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Is Top going to get a bonus for his money? Will this be finished before this season finishes.

Will the builders demand a bonus if the players can train at seagrave this season 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Nope. It was a fixed price tender. Handover is now 15 or 14 weeks away. And if they don't handover on time McLaren's have some serious penalties to pay.

On 13/03/2020 at 13:19, Foxxed said:

I understand everyone hates Beaglehole but are there other things people want to change?

Forget feelings and relationships... its football, nobody cares! That is not the issue...

The issue with SB specifically is that you have an academy system teaching players from the ages of sometimes 5 up to 16 how to play the "modern way", based around the F.A 4 corner model, especially at LCFC where coaching technical ability and 1v1's are highly important. Kinds spend 4 days a week for maybe 10 years learning how to be a useful academy footballer, to the club.

Then you get signed as a Pro, and the reality is that everything you have been taught becomes almost useless information, because you become a cog in a wheel, where winning 50/50's and hitting balls into danger areas to support a tactic is what is important to your lead coach.

It is like learning how to drive a car, then once passed, being asked to be captain of an ocean liner.

SB will not be moved because of positive personal relationships with key staff. He could take a managerial job, but why would he, when he is on a cushy number?

There are SO many other issues! Not just SB! 

On 13/03/2020 at 13:35, Stadt said:

Why could that be?

On 13/03/2020 at 13:35, Stadt said:

Sure the whole idea of a academy is the graduate output, both for the first time and to generate income. 

Edited by coolhandfox