Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

3 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I was cycling past, decided to stop and take a photo and the guy on the gate started walking towards me and shouting “No Photos” 

I don’t know what the rules are regarding taking a photo from the public highway, I’m not sure if he was going to confiscate my phone or make a citizens arrest but I just panicked and rode off 😂😂

What an idiot the guard is. From a public roadway. You should call the club and complain about harassment. There has to be a pair of free tickets for your trauma.

On 29/04/2020 at 08:55, Webbo said:

With the euros delayed until next year,  one of the big nations could now hire our facilities as a training base. 

What if Fuchs and Kasper won't rent out their suites.:ph34r:

On 29/04/2020 at 08:55, Webbo said:

With the euros delayed until next year,  one of the big nations could now hire our facilities as a training base. 

It's being played all over Europe, I'd imagine most teams would be likely to base themselves in their own countries 

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Good shout but more likely to use spurs re proximity to Wembley. 

You must be joking at Levy rates? You could probably build a place cheaper than a 3 day stay.

• Haha 1

Plans for massive housing scheme by A46 near Leicester City's new training ground
More than 200 acres of farmland could be developed

ByDan MartinPolitics Reporter
04:00, 5 MAY 2020

A huge new housing development is being planned on fields next to the A46 not far from where Leicester City is building its new £100 million training complex.

A wedge-shaped 215-acre site has been earmarked for some 1,600 homes between Six Hills and Seagrave.

Documents lodged with planners at Charnwood Borough Council say the new settlement would include a ‘village centre’, a school and health facilities.

The current proposal would see the development built a mile-and-a-half from the former Park Hill golf club that the Foxes bought to build their training ground.

However a plan of the proposed scheme, submitted by developer Knightwood Trust Farms, indicates the potential for the settlement to be expanded in the future further southward towards the new training facility which is scheduled to open next later this year.

Agents for the trust said: “The proposal is to form a new sustainable settlement for the borough of Charnwood to secure long-term housing needs.

“The site has the capacity to deliver circa 1,600 dwellings along with a new local centre, education, health and recreational facilities.

“Although we are in an early stage in the process (our) plan demonstrates how this could be delivered.”

The trust has set out its proposals in advance of submitting proposals a formal planning application.

Charnwood council officials are currently assessing the potential environmental impact of the scheme.

The latest proposed development, not far from Ragdale Hall spa, is also close to Six Hills Golf Course where a so-called garden village of 2,600 homes, three new schools, a lakeside village centre, a 70 care complex, an employment quarter and a park and ride site is proposed.

Plans for that scheme have been lodged with Melton Brough Council.

Such large scale development along the A46 corridor to the north of Leicester is likely to prove controversial with residents and campaigners who want to protect the areas rural character.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/plans-massive-housing-scheme-a46-4104447

17 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Leicestershire is becoming the worlds biggest housing estate. 

England 

But then so is most of Europe.

So this is a joint scheme building one side of the 46 in charnwood and the other side near six hills falling into Melton borough. So a great new urban development, with the A46 straight through the middle. Oh I can't wait to move there lol

For what it's worth I believe this is another Gladmans project whatever the article says about the name on the application, no idea why they keep trying down here, they recently had an application for 300 houses in East Goscote rejected and I'm sure a similar outcome in Sielby.

Charnwood have their 5 year housing supply, so many major applications are getting turned down, however Melton on the other hand will welcome the development as they are constantly trying to move people into the area, they even offered to take some of the burden off Charwood in the last government consultation, they are desperate to try being growth to the economy in the area, and added properties, bring added income via Council tax.

19 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Those villages the other side of the 46, like Hoby and Rotherby, are beautiful. Would be awful to see them expanded and lose their identity. Great walking along the Wreake with lunch at the Blue Bell afterwards. Remember those days? 😞😞😞

Short trip for us and the petanque piste keeps my kids quiet for a while. As well.👍

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It was said at the time that protesters should be careful what they wish for. 

I'd have thought that LCFC's training ground with open spaces for pitches and retention of a 9-hole golf course is preferential to a 1,000 plus new builds. 

Now they've got both!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Short trip for us and the petanque piste keeps my kids quiet for a while. As well.👍

Still one of my favourite pubs in the county. Spent sooooo many evenings in there ! 

• Like 1