Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Don't know how far they have got with road laying, paths and walkways, car parks etc. That will also involve gangs, I assume. 

No mate sorry the wife hasn't been up for a month or so.

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Brendan Rodgers only lives a short distance away from the new training site (moved in just before this lockdown happened) after previously living in Newtown Linford.

I`m not sure Wysall is any nearer to Seagrave than Newtown Linford to be honest and the NL house is simply stunning ! bad move :-)

22 minutes ago, mad biker said:

I`m not sure Wysall is any nearer to Seagrave than Newtown Linford to be honest and the NL house is simply stunning ! bad move :-)

It is, just, according to Google Maps.

Agreed about the latter, it sure is.

16 hours ago, mad biker said:

Isn't Wysall in the wrong County? :ph34r:

My sons company supply gym equipment and they are flat out mainly to sports person related homes.

Last week he went to the homes of Mo Salah,Zinchenko and Wan Bassaka who was very pleasant made them a meal.Ive tried to get him to do some sort of sabotage but not surprising he is enjoying having work at present.News flash -Mo Salah does cruciate on dodgy treadmill

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, wattolcfc said:

Do we know if it’s still on for a June completion? If so it might be in use for next season as it will no doubt be delayed.

And if it's not delayed it could be in use this season.

It'll still need to be bedded in though, you don't go from construction site to season ready office space/pitches in a matter of weeks. Even in 2018 when England were ramping up for the World Cup meeting and training at St.Georges Park the outdoor areas still looked too sterile, the trees were still strapped to their guidesticks, it still didn't quite look right and it was 6 years old at that point.

8 hours ago, Bert said:

You can see this in this distance from Mountsorrel, nice little view. 

Where about? Up on the hills by the memorial? 

I lived in ‘Sorrel for 24 years. 

Now I’m literally a few fields from the ground as the crow flies.

I’ve been around to it once a couple of weeks ago on my bike ride, this was the view from the gates.

Nice little chicane to slow the players down leaving the ground. ;)

E1AED555-B28C-4B77-911C-3D2C9ABB1A57.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, promised land said:

Where about? Up on the hills by the memorial? 

I lived in ‘Sorrel for 24 years. 

Now I’m literally a few fields from the ground as the crow flies.

I’ve been around to it once a couple of weeks ago on my bike ride, this was the view from the gates.

Nice little chicane to slow the players down leaving the ground. ;)

E1AED555-B28C-4B77-911C-3D2C9ABB1A57.jpeg

Not needed for Matty James.

1 hour ago, pleatout said:

seagrave1.thumb.jpg.aab029755286a762cde1c5386570051e.jpg

10 days ago - went for a bike ride.  Had a wander down the footpath.  Beware of the security guard :-)

I was cycling past, decided to stop and take a photo and the guy on the gate started walking towards me and shouting “No Photos” 

I don’t know what the rules are regarding taking a photo from the public highway, I’m not sure if he was going to confiscate my phone or make a citizens arrest but I just panicked and rode off 😂😂

Edited by foxestalkisfullofidiots