Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Sturridge

11 minutes ago, EJN said:

Not seen this reported - where is it?

•  

_0YfK9k6_bigger.jpg

Gerrard is interested in bringing in Daniel Sturridge to Rangers. He is set to face competition from Leicester City, but Gerrard feels that the finances could work out for #RangersFC as Sturridge will come on a free + transfer fees for Morelos. Exciting times ahead!

5 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Sturridge Signs For Manchester UTD On 3 Year Deal

Sturridge UTD

-

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made Daniel Sturridge Manchester UTD’s first major signing of what is expected to be a busy summer of transfers. The former England international spent five injury-plagued seasons at bitter rivals Liverpool before making the 30 mile trip east to Old Trafford.

Patient

Solskjaer presser“We’ll need to be patient with Danny,” Solskjaer told Soccer on Sunday. “He felt a twinge in his hamstring during the unveiling, so he’s probably looking at a spell on the sidelines. The scan didn’t show anything, but credit to Danny, he knows his body and he’s ruled himself out until Christmas. ”

“No, the following Christmas,” added Solskjaer, when asked to clarify whether he meant Christmas 2019. “It’s unfortunate to lose Danny for 18 months, but all we can do now is support the lad and keep paying his wages.”

Return

Sturridge in a carSturridge insists that a Christmas 2020 return is ambitious.

“It’s a bad twinge,” the UTD striker told Soccer on Sunday. “Obviously the gaffer has put a date out there in the press, but you don’t mess around with something like a twinge. My ears have been popping lately too, for some reason. The injuries are piling up, unfortunately.”

“I want to write my own page in the history of Manchester UTD,” said Sturridge. “But realistically, I won’t. Sure what can you do, huh?”

Lucky escape...

for Sturridge. At least he won’t have to play in that dire Man Utd side :ph34r:

Absolutely not. He hasn't proven he can stay uninjured and even in the few games he has played the past few years he's hardly been standing out among the second team that plays in those cup games.

3 hours ago, Wizerud said:

Absolutely not. He hasn't proven he can stay uninjured and even in the few games he has played the past few years he's hardly been standing out among the second team that plays in those cup games.

And his loan spell at West Brom the season before last was hardly a recommendation.........

Guest Markyblue

Why take a gamble , we need a fit proven striker as back up or sometimes replacement for vards.

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

Why take a gamble , we need a fit proven striker as back up or sometimes replacement for vards.

This is the problem though, some players simply won't come and happily live off 10 min cameos or the odd cup appearance. Sturridge has played back up to Firminho this season in a team that has competed for 4 trophies, playing nearly 60 games in the process so he's had more opportunities to play. At Leicester we aren't in Europe and our star striker is our most influential and important player in the team. Whoever comes here really isn't anything other than a backup, yes they might be thrown in if Vardy gets injured but it's very much like buying a 2nd choice goalkeeper. Quality ones don't grow on trees.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

This is the problem though, some players simply won't come and happily live off 10 min cameos or the odd cup appearance. Sturridge has played back up to Firminho this season in a team that has competed for 4 trophies, playing nearly 60 games in the process so he's had more opportunities to play. At Leicester we aren't in Europe and our star striker is our most influential and important player in the team. Whoever comes here really isn't anything other than a backup, yes they might be thrown in if Vardy gets injured but it's very much like buying a 2nd choice goalkeeper. Quality ones don't grow on trees.

I'd think if we did go in for him he'd probably start as a right winger and only fill in up front if Vards was injured. I'd see him either starting on the right or putting pressure on Albrighton Gray and Barnes.

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'd think if we did go in for him he'd probably start as a right winger and only fill in up front if Vards was injured. I'd see him either starting on the right or putting pressure on Albrighton Gray and Barnes.

He's nowhere near as mobile enough as he once was to play wide right on a regular basis. He's a predatory finisher, his link up play seems to be what's not quite what it used to be. I think he'll end up at Villa.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it depends on what offers he gets.  Which clubs are gonna make him their main man?

Playing back up to Vardy might be the best offer he gets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I think it depends on what offers he gets.  Which clubs are gonna make him their main man?

Playing back up to Vardy might be the best offer he gets.

Villa or Rangers he'd be the main man, he's going to have to take a 50% pay cut though i'd imagine.

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Villa or Rangers he'd be the main man, he's going to have to take a 50% pay cut though i'd imagine.

I hope Rangers do sign him, he'd spend half the time on the treatment table and they'd continue their policy of investing any money they do have in wages on players who are over the hill with no re-sale value which will get them nowhere in terms of competing with us long term, year on year.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...