Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Sturridge

i think i’d definitely prefer che adams but we don’t always get who we want. very few clubs do...

I really don’t want to get stuck with the option of just having iheanacho again.... i’d rather go for someone who is low risk( financially) and maybe we could entice him with a low basic wage with a huge pay as you play incentive. i don’t see many clubs in the prem paying him the money he would want because of his injury record and i’d assume he would feel too young to go to china or the states but who knows... maybe a newly promoted team would pay him the many pounds notes but does he want to be in a relegation fight?

id definitely take him with a low risk contract stacked more in our favor

On 15/04/2019 at 08:53, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

So we’re basically after someone who has the technical ability of Sturridge, with a clean bill of health, younger with Premier League experience and is happy to play as back up to Vardy. Yeh good luck with that one ?

You forgot to add either really cheap or free, as we will (hopefully) spend our money on Tielemans

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

People said no to Ings and although he's not lit the league on fire, he's been decent enough. Think this could be a good move. 

That's a good shout. Again concerned about his injuries and his ability to do the work load of a Rodgers striker. Think he did his ACL in both knees. We'll have to see where Liverpool are at as he has a year left on his contract.

Depends on price too as I wouldn't over pay for him. Unfortunately goals cost money. Lots of money.

For any signing City wil be looking for value for money. It is stating the obvious that a contract has to be agreed between player and club. For someone like Sturridge, I think it highly unlikely (I think i am understating the possibility) he would agree a pay as you play contract. He will expect a contarct of several years, probably 3 or 4 as he is 29 y.o. His wages at Liverpool are - from several accounts - £120,000 a week ie more than £6m a year. I cannot see him taking much less as I am sure he will have offers from China and USA. This is an extraordianry amount of money to pay for someone who we know is unlikely to be fit for too much of the season. Furthermore, I find it difficult to see him being the best player to support Vardy.

Money is better spent on a player with a better fitness record and whose wages will be less, Several names have already been mentioned or linked; I am sure others will be linked over the comng months. Most will offer better value than Sturridge, even though he is out of contract

• Like 2

I'd rather we re-signed Dean Sturridge.

The guy is made of biscuits. Clearly a talent but has had fitness issues for years.

I don't think he's likely to go anywhere on a pay-as-you-play deal either. I'd imagine he might go abroad as his profile is still high but English clubs know how easily broken he is.

4 hours ago, oxford blue said:

For any signing City wil be looking for value for money. It is stating the obvious that a contract has to be agreed between player and club. For someone like Sturridge, I think it highly unlikely (I think i am understating the possibility) he would agree a pay as you play contract. He will expect a contarct of several years, probably 3 or 4 as he is 29 y.o. His wages at Liverpool are - from several accounts - £120,000 a week ie more than £6m a year. I cannot see him taking much less as I am sure he will have offers from China and USA. This is an extraordianry amount of money to pay for someone who we know is unlikely to be fit for too much of the season. Furthermore, I find it difficult to see him being the best player to support Vardy.

Money is better spent on a player with a better fitness record and whose wages will be less, Several names have already been mentioned or linked; I am sure others will be linked over the comng months. Most will offer better value than Sturridge, even though he is out of contract

He'll know his market value isn't 120k a week.

There's also a misconception that players can move to China or USA and earn a fortune, not many do. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I'd rather we re-signed Dean Sturridge.

The guy is made of biscuits. Clearly a talent but has had fitness issues for years.

I don't think he's likely to go anywhere on a pay-as-you-play deal either. I'd imagine he might go abroad as his profile is still high but English clubs know how easily broken he is.

6D722E6A-EE1D-462C-A13E-BF5C506F75B5.jpeg.b4ad5c0cae41a4e874487fa6498fa964.jpeg

I concur, the similarities are startlingly 

No, No, No and NO! No disrespect to the man but this would be a terrible move.

He was great up to 2014. Since then hes been an absolute liability with injuries. I think he's got to a point where he goes out to play worried about getting inured which has affected the way he plays and probably makes him more susceptible to injuries.

This would be a) a waste of time, b) a waste of money and c) potentially have a negative affect on others in the squad who would be on less money but put more in to the team 

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

No, No, No and NO! No disrespect to the man but this would be a terrible move.

He was great up to 2014. Since then hes been an absolute liability with injuries. I think he's got to a point where he goes out to play worried about getting inured which has affected the way he plays and probably makes him more susceptible to injuries.

This would be a) a waste of time, b) a waste of money and c) potentially have a negative affect on others in the squad who would be on less money but put more in to the team 

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'll put you down as a 'maybe' then.

And lcfc278 is Sturridge's Agent as well !

23 hours ago, SO1 said:

That's a good shout. Again concerned about his injuries and his ability to do the work load of a Rodgers striker. Think he did his ACL in both knees. We'll have to see where Liverpool are at as he has a year left on his contract.

Depends on price too as I wouldn't over pay for him. Unfortunately goals cost money. Lots of money.

He joined Southampton!

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He joined Southampton!

Southampton on loan. Unless transfermarket is lying or i'm blind. Eather or. You pick:dunno:

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Southampton on loan. Unless transfermarket is lying or i'm blind. Eather or. You pick:dunno:

They are paying £20m in the summer, they have no choice. It was a loan with a permanent at the end of it. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Obligatory permanent clause in the summer

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They are paying £20m in the summer, they have no choice. It was a loan with a permanent at the end of it. 

The Question remains unanswered. Lying or blindness? :D

16 hours ago, Gerard said:

He'll know his market value isn't 120k a week.

There's also a misconception that players can move to China or USA and earn a fortune, not many do. 

Possibly, but I can't see him accepting much less. Regarding your second point - I think it very likely that a club in USA/China would be happy to sign him. We'll see - if no Eoropean club comes in for him