Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Sturridge

A great striker. A striker with no confidence. A striker who's more a mid table winger. I can almost feel the uninspiring Brendan and Congleton signings beginning when we add a striker who's more sicknote then scorer. I would love to be there for his medical. I imagine Marvin from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy would be the machine: "Here I am... brain the size of a galaxy... and they get me to perform a medical on an obvious cripple..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

A great striker. A striker with no confidence. A striker who's more a mid table winger. I can almost feel the uninspiring Brendan and Congleton signings beginning when we add a striker who's more sicknote then scorer. I would love to be there for his medical. I imagine Marvin from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy would be the machine: "Here I am... brain the size of a galaxy... and they get me to perform a medical on an obvious cripple..."

Has produced the goods for Rodgers in the past, I think we do need two strikers one experienced and a young one (Adams / Maupay)

Vardy, Sturridge, Che Adams/ Maupay, Iheanacho wouldn’t be bad options up front 

• Like 2

I would imagine Sturridge is on a high wage and with all his injury problems I’m not sure it’s a gamble worth taking, Villa linked with Maupay, said all along Adams would be a good signing for us... 

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

4/5 strikers for 1 spot seems a bit ott. We are trying to get rid of deadwood within the squad not stockpile more. 

Would be hard to keep them happy and would be more wasted on wages for people who don't even play. 

2 or 3 max and maybe one good up and coming player as an option. But not 4/5.

I mean one of Maupay or Adams not both so 3 strikers in total.

Just now, NewquayFox said:

I would imagine Sturridge is on a high wage and with all his injury problems I’m not sure it’s a gamble worth taking, Villa linked with Maupay, said all along Adams would be a good signing for us... 

Maupay or Adams works for me - manageable wages, great potential and proven goalscorers (in recent history!)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Has produced the goods for Rodgers in the past, I think we do need two strikers one experienced and a young one (Adams / Maupay)

Vardy, Sturridge, Che Adams/ Maupay, Iheanacho wouldn’t be bad options up front 

Excluding Brendan's healing hands, buying a 29 year old injury prone striker who'll need to be replaced in a few years hardly seems the ideas of a young forward thinking team.

29 year old striker, a 27 year old winger in Townsend. We've gone from buying players who'll break through the u21s to the England team to players who may sit on the national team's bench. I wouldn't mind these players as squad fillers but main signings....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

In reality the only requirement is to be an upgrade over nacho, which he probably is even with his current degraded state.

e.g. most pool fans think even the current sturridge would have buried that chance against man city.

Also we look like we will be replacing many players 2-3 years after purchase anyway, because if they young vultures will come and buy them, ironically its older players who we manage to keep longer.

Edited by Chrysalis

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

In reality the only requirement is to be an upgrade over nacho, which he probably is even with his current degraded state.

e.g. most pool fans think even the current sturridge would have buried that chance against man city.

Also we look like we will be replacing many players 2-3 years after purchase anyway, because if they young vultures will come and buy them, ironically its older players who we manage to keep longer.

Spot on, and I think he could get 10-15 goals with us and with Vardy’s contribution and others that would be good for a Top 6 finish imo 

It be a realistic window, this fantasy 100million budget very likely doesnt exist.

Sturridge just needs to be avallable as cover for for last 10 mins or so in games if we chasing the game for 4-4-2.

Wasnt huth a injury basket case when we took him on, gambles happen.

To me just keeping all our key players would be a decent window, losing just maguire would be a good window.  Losing just maguire (or noone) and getting tielemans would be excellent.

Anything else is a bonus as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

I think you have misunderstood what the club is probably looking for.

Our main formation now has 1 striker, and vardy is the main striker.

So based on that why would you expect the backup striker to have lots of minutes?  

Also I have seen backup strikers have some pretty good goal to minute ratios as often in those situations you have a fresh legs striker coming on against tired legs defenders.  Vardy may get banned some games, may get injured as well so there would be some longer mins in the season as well.  So I dont think 10 goals is unreasonable for a backup striker.

Edited by Chrysalis

24 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Hes on £0 Pw at the minute as his contract ran out i think we can afford that

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Our main formation now has 1 striker, and vardy is the main striker.

So based on that why would you expect the backup striker to have lots of minutes? 

This was exactly my point I was making. He's not going to play enough to get 10-15 goals. And if he does play enough, it's because Vardy is either injured or suspended, so Vardy won't be getting his usual haul.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

This would be an uninspiring signing if ever there was one.  He boat has sailed some time ago.  A younger and fitter striker would serve us better.

• Like 1

Think he's  whst we need. Offers height  and a decent header. Perfect for our plan B or to put pressure  on tired defenders with his strength. He won't  mind being a super sub, as this is the only way he'll  build up from his injury successfully. Ideal for us really.

31 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Think he's  whst we need. Offers height  and a decent header. Perfect  our plan B or to put pressure  on tired defenders with his strength. He won't  mind being a super sub, as this is the only way he'll  build up from his injury successfully. Ideal for us really.

are you in the right thread ??

this isn’t Andy Carroll ?????

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mozartfox said:

This would be an uninspiring signing if ever there was one.  He boat has sailed some time ago.  A younger and fitter striker would serve us better.

Take a punt on Che Adams please Brendan. 

• Like 1