Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Sturridge

40 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Didn’t he link up with Vardy for England?

Also did celebrity Googlebox together, can't remember the third person on the sofa, but they must get on really well. Stays fit he is well worth a contract, Vardy and Sturridge would be amazing. Shoot me down. :welcome:

1 hour ago, WarehamFox said:

Also did celebrity Googlebox together, can't remember the third person on the sofa, but they must get on really well. Stays fit he is well worth a contract, Vardy and Sturridge would be amazing. Shoot me down. :welcome:

Think it was Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 

• Like 1

Such a risky signing due to his injury record. Clearly a very talented player when he was in his prime and as Klopp just said, one of the best finishers he's ever seen... But have all these injuries taken a toll on him? Just not sure how mobile he is these days. 

I think if the medical team were OK with it and his wages were in line with some of our other first teamers, then maybe worth a 2 year deal with option of 3rd. Think it would be better to look at other options first though and if that means missing out on him, then so be it. Certainly be interesting to see where he ends up and IF he can stay fit and start scoring regularly again. I imagine West Ham are interested, they love a sick note signing!

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Such a risky signing due to his injury record. Clearly a very talented player when he was in his prime and as Klopp just said, one of the best finishers he's ever seen... But have all these injuries taken a toll on him? Just not sure how mobile he is these days. 

I think if the medical team were OK with it and his wages were in line with some of our other first teamers, then maybe worth a 2 year deal with option of 3rd. Think it would be better to look at other options first though and if that means missing out on him, then so be it. Certainly be interesting to see where he ends up and IF he can stay fit and start scoring regularly again. I imagine West Ham are interested, they love a sick note signing!

I think his injuries are behind him played 27 games last season..

3 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Seems strange that he's played 27 games last season, klopp thinks he's a great finisher yet they are letting him go for free. He would be good back up for them surely. Me thinks all is not known. Little bit like Iheanacho. Man city let him go far to easily.

They got origi

• Like 1

The Premier League is like Formula 1 - On top of his game he's a Mercedes or Ferrari

...but we're more likely to see the Doctor's Estate with traction control and twin coffee cup holder...

Image result for formula 1 doctors car

25 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Seems strange that he's played 27 games last season, klopp thinks he's a great finisher yet they are letting him go for free. He would be good back up for them surely. Me thinks all is not known. Little bit like Iheanacho. Man city let him go far to easily.

25 million and buy back clause? Didn't look easy on paper. I don't think they even thought he would be this bad! He really did flatter for them.

I agree that does seem strange Sturridge is being let go, but I imagine Klopp is just over doing the praise some what and sees little value in giving him another contract when he is 30 this year and unlikely to feature much.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

The Premier League is like Formula 1 - On top of his game he's a Mercedes or Ferrari

...but we're more likely to see the Doctor's Estate with traction control and twin coffee cup holder...

Image result for formula 1 doctors car

That's not just any old estate car, that's a 200mph 550bhp AMG C63, reputed to be the world's fastest ambulance! I can't see a doctor doing night time emergency calls in that. lol

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

Even when Sturridge is fit which isn't very often he looks so slow now, looks like his legs are gone.

I don't think he would be a good signing even as back-up as to go from someone like Vardy leading the line who is quick and covers a lot of ground to Sturridge who now is pretty much only a penalty box player would be too troublesome in terms of changing style.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Even when Sturridge is fit which isn't very often he looks so slow now, looks like his legs are gone.

I don't think he would be a good signing even as back-up as to go from someone like Vardy leading the line who is quick and covers a lot of ground to Sturridge who now is pretty much only a penalty box player would be too troublesome in terms of changing style.

get ****ing real, hes class. To say no to him coming to LCFC would be as bad as giving Slimani a 4th chance.

12 hours ago, STUHILL said:

25 million and buy back clause? Didn't look easy on paper. I don't think they even thought he would be this bad! He really did flatter for them.

I agree that does seem strange Sturridge is being let go, but I imagine Klopp is just over doing the praise some what and sees little value in giving him another contract when he is 30 this year and unlikely to feature much.

Is it really?  He's third choice for a team that only plays with one striker.  Added to that he's no longer mobile enough to play the way Liverpool expect their number 9 to play.

Allowing Sturridge to leave was the obvious choice as it gets rid of a high wage (reportedly 150k a week), makes the pathway easier for someone they have high hopes for in Brewster or at the very worst sign a third choice striker more suited to their style of play on half the wages Sturridge was on.

On 02/06/2019 at 13:26, Chrysalis said:

I think you have misunderstood what the club is probably looking for.

Our main formation now has 1 striker, and vardy is the main striker.

So based on that why would you expect the backup striker to have lots of minutes?  

Also I have seen backup strikers have some pretty good goal to minute ratios as often in those situations you have a fresh legs striker coming on against tired legs defenders.  Vardy may get banned some games, may get injured as well so there would be some longer mins in the season as well.  So I dont think 10 goals is unreasonable for a backup striker.

I am not saying your wrong,but believe there is too much assumption,on expected formation & set up...

Handling the run in at the EOS games,looking at his choices,noway was Rodgers going to make any distinctive changes...

We will all soon  see which method and formations he wants to set up with,but I would advise against any pre presumptions.

This is just the beginning of the BRodgers era,it's the anticipation which makes the up and coming season exciting....

Who's he bringing in,who can be get,which formation will be his prefererence, and what's his technical nous,of being flexable and being prepared to try

the varieties..!!

I for one will be very happy just to sit back ,and wait and see how he reads it....I don't need the yoke of frustration,when thing don't run how I would like it!!!I

He gets paid to create & be his own man &..and not to decide only after reading foxestalk forum..

Edited by fuchsntf

17 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Thing is that if he came he'll want a massive signing on fee similar to a transfer fee. And big waves. 

He gets what he's offered as he's now out of contract. Makes no odds what he wants be will have to take the best offer available.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He gets what he's offered as he's now out of contract. Makes no odds what he wants be will have to take the best offer available.

Some people think he'll be demanding his Liverpool money but the reality is he'll see what offers he gets this summer and will take the most attractive one if he wants to keep playing. He's in no position to be demanding six figures a week. 

• Like 1