Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2024 at 18:03, foxfanazer said:

Bunch of wet blankets on here. Complete non story

I've got a wet blanket from all this cloud seeding! Left it in the garden last night!

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 1

I really hope Vardy gets a one year contract on £10,000 per week. And doesn’t go to Wrexham in league one. Mind you at least I could watch Mullin and Vardy play together live (what a strike force in league one that would be by the way). Live at Cambridge United next season. 

12 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

I really hope Vardy gets a one year contract on £10,000 per week. And doesn’t go to Wrexham in league one. Mind you at least I could watch Mullin and Vardy play together live (what a strike force in league one that would be by the way). Live at Cambridge United next season. 

Yep he's really going to drop from 140k a week to 10k a week

• Like 1

The more it crops up on different platforms the more I think that Vardy to Wrexham really does make commercial and footballing sense for pretty much everyone involved apart from us Leicester fans that want him to stay for one more year. 

The opportunity to drop down a couple of levels to a league in which he should still dominate and score quite a few goals whilst simultaneously being watched by half the world must be tempting. 

He really could recreate some magic in that league. I have no idea if it’s a genuine rumour but it’s mental that it’s even a decent option for a player like him really. 

My stance on this per my FB post -

Wrexham would be a great move. Hes done it all with us , Championship winner , the great escape , Premier league winner, FA Cup winner , breaks the scoring record for consecutive games,  champions league,  charity shield winner....we go down he bangs in 20 goals to win us the league and gets us back up.....that to me is finishing on a high, he has nothing more to prove and and has given us more than enough . Worst case  scenario , we get relegated next season , that's no way to bow out  ! 

If the chance comes go to Wrexham, hell be on a good wage with sponsorship and bonuses , the fans will love him ! Hollywood owners opens his profile even more in the states. Hes had a Hollywood career , one last chapter for his movie ! 

30 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

My stance on this per my FB post -

Wrexham would be a great move. Hes done it all with us , Championship winner , the great escape , Premier league winner, FA Cup winner , breaks the scoring record for consecutive games,  champions league,  charity shield winner....we go down he bangs in 20 goals to win us the league and gets us back up.....that to me is finishing on a high, he has nothing more to prove and and has given us more than enough . Worst case  scenario , we get relegated next season , that's no way to bow out  ! 

If the chance comes go to Wrexham, hell be on a good wage with sponsorship and bonuses , the fans will love him ! Hollywood owners opens his profile even more in the states. Hes had a Hollywood career , one last chapter for his movie ! 

Wrexham total wage bill is around 6m, Vardy annual salary is around 5m.

Very unlikely he goes there.

Obsession  ? its not even entered my mind that we would still be able to watch him  , even if he was anyway i wouldn't ! All I'm saying is if he does leave he will of left on a high , why risk it with the threat of possible relegation if we do get a points deduction which will probably happen, what then ?..... 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Wrexham total wage bill is around 6m, Vardy annual salary is around 5m.

Very unlikely he goes there.

It’s not 5m now is it? His contract is up. It’s only 5m if someone is prepared to pay it which isn’t going to happen now in the UK.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It’s not 5m now is it? His contract is up. It’s only 5m if someone is prepared to pay it which isn’t going to happen now in the UK.

How much do you think we are going to offer him?

1 hour ago, teblin said:

Would be a nice move for him, beautiful part of the world. But guess he’s just there to watch.

When he was celebrating with Wise when we won the league, I thought it was a bit strange. Como are building something and there is a big British contingent and premier league connections. Wouldn’t be a shock if we piss about that this is an option for Vards. And heck probably one of the best places on the planet to live as a pro footballer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Did he go there from the Monte Carlo trip? 

It's a beautiful place to visit. Not too far from Milan either if his family were going to move there... 

not sure he went on the trip?

The biggest issue I would have with not doing a deal with Vards this summer would be yet again the missed opportunity for the fans to say goodbye to quite possibly the greatest player of my lifetime if not our histoty. 

I think we need Io retain his experience, leadership and I have no doubt if he stays then he will bag 7 - 10 goals minimum as a rotation option and impact sub.. 

However something tells me there is a bit of a Mexican stand off in terms finances, perhaps Vards is after one final bumper pay day whilst the club are looking at it as a chance to renegotiate to a far more favourable deal. If Rudders is still in control and rumours are true that he tried to push Vards out the door last summer and given what happened to Schmichael I wouldn’t be shocked to hear news in the next month or so that there has been a parting of the ways 🥲